Round 23 v Knights Lineups

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Jeff Lima to play despite fracture
MELBOURNE Storm prop Jeff Lima will take his place in the side for the crucial clash with Newcastle, despite suffering a fractured eye socket in last week's win over North Queensland.

Lima was almost immediately ruled out when the injury was diagnosed and journeyman Ryan Tandy, who has been starring for Melbourne's feeder team, was poised to make his Storm debut.

But a positive discussion with his surgeon during the week, a lack of pain and a couple of completed training sessions have given Storm medical staff enough confidence to allow Lima to play.

Storm physio Mary Toomey said the fracture was small and that there was no risk of further damage.

"Often they do not even get diagnosed. You could have a slightly black eye, a bit of swelling and no other signs of anything.'' Toomey said.

''The general presumption is just that you have a black eye.  I suspect it is not that uncommon for people to have this injury and play.

"And he has no pain at all and there is no risk. If there was some (risk) we wouldn't play him, but the surgeon was really happy and said he should be absolutely fine.

"The only reason you miss is if the fracture is unstable or producing other symptoms that suggest it would be unwise to play.

"But when two days post-injury the swelling is almost gone and there is no more significant bruising and you've got no double vision or restriction of your eye function, there is no reason not to play."

Lima's positive news marks a turnaround in fortune for Storm, which has recently had terrible luck in losing players to injury.

Representative winger Anthony Quinn was forced to have surgery on his neck on Friday and is out for the season. So, too, is powerful back-rower Sika Manu who broke the tibia and fibula in his leg a fortnight ago.

These came on top of hamstring issues for Ryan Hoffman and shoulder problems for captain Cameron Smith, which forced both to miss the clash Melbourne lost to Parramatta in Round 19.

But those two are back and firing now and, apart from Quinn, Manu and youngster Kevin Proctor, who broke his ankle early in the season, Storm's injury ward is empty heading towards the most important time of the season.

Melbourne is looking to secure a top-four berth and could finish as high as second if it can win its final four clashes.

They are the Knights away, Manly and the Sydney Roosters at home, then a trip to New Zealand to play the Warriors in Round 26.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't see us winning. The knights are giving $10 tickets away so they'll have a packed house. A new coach coming in and with their season on the line, there's so much to play for and we always seem to start poorly in these games.
I think MacDougall could have a field day down our right.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeh tough ask for us tonight.

Great to see Jeff playing though....legend.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

so that means no Tandy? awwwww. booooo! . Lima is a champ but was looking forward to seeing how Tandy went. Its going to be a tough game...simply for the fact that we havent been playing great lately...losing inglis doesnt help (altho we have played something like 29 without him and only lost 9 of those games). The knights will be looking to try and get some dignity back and impress the new coach...but we SHOULD win.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

What a comeback by our under 20 boys.

2 tries in the last 5 minutes
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Amazing stuff from the 20's. Trailing the Knights for the whole game and never gave up.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Seems like Billy forgot his catching hands....
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

seems like we dont want to play tonight
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

I love Cooper wrote: Amazing stuff from the 20's. Trailing the Knights for the whole game and never gave up.
Can we have them play 1st grade? Our "top" side is giving a fairly average Knights side a free ride at the moment.
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

WE HAVE NOTHING!!!

We did have something. Their names are Manu and Inglis.

Season OVER!!!
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

They are going horrible!!!!! Our defence is the worst i've ever seen it. AHHHHHH. I agree. Get them in!!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

What a joke. that last try was the worst piece of defence by any league team in history. We are useless. Seriously...playing a team outisde the 8 and we turn up with this shit effort? show some heart you lima lima lima duck lazy bastards!!!!!!!!
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes, that try was REALLY soft. 16-0 down.

Edit: Conversion good, 18-0 down. *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* it!  :banghead:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

LAZY
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager