Greg Inglis arrested over assault

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!

Do you think Greg Inglis Will be Sacked?

Yes
38%
No
63%

Total votes: 32
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Tigger wrote:
Bullets wrote: whats with people saying they were not surprised?

does Inglis look like a girlfriend beater?   
That is without a doubt one of the most stupid comments I have ever had the misfortune to read!!! :roll:
What? people have said in here that they were not surprised or saw this coming. Why? Does GI really look that bad?
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Innocent until proven guilty....but if guilty then this is abhorrent and completely unacceptable.

In having an opinion however...remember to be very careful about setting yourself up to be better than Greg Inglis.

Violence against women takes many forms...ALL are EQUALLY AS BAD and EQUALLY abhorent

Remember...if you have EVER:

1. contolled finances in a relationship and prevented your partner having access to money
2. controlled your partners movements...who they see ...when they go out
3. been physically aggressive or controlling
4. sworn repeatedy and aggressively at a woman to the point where they are concrned about their safety and well being
5. belittled, manipulated, victimised or made a woman feel worthless because of who they are or some aspect of their lives or physicaly appearance.
6. agressively demanded sex or physically obtained sex from your partner against their will ....

then you are guilty of violence towards women.

The Federal Government estimates that one in five women (19 per cent) have experienced sexual violence at some stage in their lives since the age of 15 and one in three women (33 per cent) have experienced physical violence at some stage in their lives since the age of 15.

That potentially means ON AVERAGE that there may POTENTIALLY be 1 male for every 3 on this board who may have committed physical violence towards women.

Let's hope that GI's partner gets all the support and help and protection she needs and deserves.

Let's equally hope that if this is true that GI gets all the help and support he needs and deserves.

Domestic violence can be be prevented. Cutting GI loose would not solve the problem. He needs to have the issues that caused this problem (IF TRUE), dealt with and explored and resolved. We can't help GI or any man take back what they may have done, but WE can help make sure THAT IT NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I understand the neighbours were the ones to call the police!  Hmm interesting - Manly supporters??!!
40-20
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I'll be disgusted with him if this is proven - and the pictures make it seem it will be.

No surprise that Manly are calling on the NRL to suspend him for 4 weeks as they did for Stewart.  Memo to Manly - the NRL did that because you were too hopeless to take action.  Proud of the Storm (and impressed with Cronulla and the Roosters as well) for taking immediate action against players who engage in this behaviour.  Not proud of Broncos, Manly and Essendon (AFL) who have failed to take action.
bruce
Squall
Squall

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

It is ridiculous to comment on something where the facts are not known.

End thread?
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:
Innocent until proven guilty....but if guilty then this is abhorrent and completely unacceptable.

In having an opinion however...remember to be very careful about setting yourself up to be better than Greg Inglis.

Violence against women takes many forms...ALL are EQUALLY AS BAD and EQUALLY abhorent

Remember...if you have EVER:

1. contolled finances in a relationship and prevented your partner having access to money
2. controlled your partners movements...who they see ...when they go out
3. been physically aggressive or controlling
4. sworn repeatedy and aggressively at a woman to the point where they are concrned about their safety and well being
5. belittled, manipulated, victimised or made a woman feel worthless because of who they are or some aspect of their lives or physicaly appearance.
6. agressively demanded sex or physically obtained sex from your partner against their will ....

then you are guilty of violence towards women.

The Federal Government estimates that one in five women (19 per cent) have experienced sexual violence at some stage in their lives since the age of 15 and one in three women (33 per cent) have experienced physical violence at some stage in their lives since the age of 15.

That potentially means ON AVERAGE that there may POTENTIALLY be 1 male for every 3 on this board who may have committed physical violence towards women.

Let's hope that GI's partner gets all the support and help and protection she needs and deserves.

Let's equally hope that if this is true that GI gets all the help and support he needs and deserves.

Domestic violence can be be prevented. Cutting GI loose would not solve the problem. He needs to have the issues that caused this problem (IF TRUE), dealt with and explored and resolved. We can't help GI or any man take back what they may have done, but WE can help make sure THAT IT NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN.

Quality post Storm-spirit.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

pauliedude wrote: This is so crap.
I really didnt expect something like this would happen.
Im shattered.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Just shattered for everyone involved, including we fans.
2012 premiers. Legit.
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

MtVaeaG wrote: I think storm management have done the right thing, stand him down for the rest of the season
They haven't.

Lets not get too excited with over the top comments.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think we should reserve our opinions until the court case is heard and all the facts are available,I admit it does not sound good,but lets not crucify the guy prematurely .I despise any man who raises his hand to a woman,2 guys going for it in a fair fight is all well and good but a man especially one as big as Greg Inglis,who hits a woman,well I don't think you get much lower than that!!If it is as it seems I am sure that Brian Waldron will handle it properly,he has so far,and he certainly does not need the likes of Des Hassler to be telling him what to do .
When I first heard the news last night,I could have cried,I thought of the time when Rodney Howe was done for taking performance enhancing drugs and the comments made by people in Sydney.It will be surprising how easily they will forget Greg Bird and Brett Stewart!!!!!
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Bullets wrote:
Tigger wrote:
Bullets wrote: whats with people saying they were not surprised?

does Inglis look like a girlfriend beater?   
That is without a doubt one of the most stupid comments I have ever had the misfortune to read!!! :roll:
What? people have said in here that they were not surprised or saw this coming. Why? Does GI really look that bad?
You really have no idea do you?  Looks do not indicate the sort of person you are!!  Bloody shallow reasoning if you really think that is the case.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote:
Bullets wrote:
Tigger wrote: That is without a doubt one of the most stupid comments I have ever had the misfortune to read!!! :roll:
You really have no idea do you?  Looks do not indicate the sort of person you are!!  Bloody shallow reasoning if you really think that is the case.
I think your swinging at shadows Tigger. Bullets was only ever asking for a response to Coupy saying he's not suprised about Inglis.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Neither Manly or the N.R.L banned Stewart for the Sexual Assault case against him.He was banned for 4 weeks by the N.R.L for the drinking that led upto the assault i.e The launch for the season drinking excessively in front of Sponsors.So Manly should refrain from speaking out on this matter because they did nor still have put any form of punishment on Stewart for his case against him.
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The allegations against Inglis saw Manly chairman Scott Penn today call on the NRL to be consistent in its response.

But Mr Gallop has hit back at the demand from Manly and says Penn should re-think his comment.

"Manly didn't take any action at the time. The league took action on the basis that a player was publicly drunk at their season launch," he said.

"A player who had been handed the responsibility of being the face or one of the faces of our ad campaign. I think Scott probably didn't consider that when he made those comments."
We've stood him down, almost immediately after news spread and these f**kers still wanna be in our business!
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Tigger wrote:
Bullets wrote:
Tigger wrote: That is without a doubt one of the most stupid comments I have ever had the misfortune to read!!! :roll:
I have no idea what you are talking about.

I noticed two replies in here with people stating they are not surprised by this.

I was asking for a reply in regards to what they meant by that.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

I said i wasn't surprised. And by that i mean...ive heard things about him off-field, and not mention my own experience with him...he comes across as a real asshole. Sure that doesnt mean every disrespectful asshole beats their girlfriend...but he obviously has no respect for his girlfriend or women....especially when he poses having photos kissing with that scrag Chamayne pavaly (spelling???) while he is still in a relationship!!! He portrays this good guy image but some of the shit ive heard just proves he is a disrespectful rude prick off field.

Has nothing to do with how he looks physically.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]