Supporter's Forum

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
OzHEDude
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

This in from Storm email this arvo

"A Supporter's Forum will be held prior to the Storm v Bulldogs match (Sun 22 Aug) at 1pm in Vodafone Arena foyer. This is your opportunity to have your questions answered by Storm management. Everyone is welcome."

So......what would be your question?
Disclaimer:
The above is not a personal attack, insult or a political statement. Therefor it cannot be used against the poster in any court of judgement.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Considering that the club has had over 20000 members during it's life, and hte fact that there is only 6 o 7000 current members, what is being done by the club to try and get back the lost members, or to find out why they haven't returned. If we still had 75% of those members, the constant rumours about relocation from Sydney media would end right there!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
OzHEDude
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mine would be.........'why do we have to drink Tooheys (read, cats piss)'
Disclaimer:
The above is not a personal attack, insult or a political statement. Therefor it cannot be used against the poster in any court of judgement.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

why are membership TV ads still on at this end of the season? I saw one 2 nights ago on channel 9 at 1 am.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thunderstruck wrote:why are membership TV ads still on at this end of the season? I saw one 2 nights ago on channel 9 at 1 am.
Getting in REALLY early for 2005? Seriously though, that is a real waste of advertising dollars.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

jellyhead wrote:
Thunderstruck wrote:why are membership TV ads still on at this end of the season? I saw one 2 nights ago on channel 9 at 1 am.
Getting in REALLY early for 2005? Seriously though, that is a real waste of advertising dollars.
Storm aren't paying for the ads, they are part of Channel Nein's sponsorship deal with the Storm.

Although I agree that it's stupid that they are on at this end of the season.
stormgirl
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think Storm have done a fair bit this year to encourage new members - the change in seating, the increased "presence". Next year should see some more benefits from that...
Hells Bells
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I'll be interested to hear if the rumours are true.

Was told last weekend that the club WILL announce at this forum that they will be moving to Bob Jane Stadium.

I don't think it will happen as a number of high profile corporates and Storm board members have been seen having lunch with people from Union and Soccer discussing a joint push to take over another ground that has it's own railway station and tram stop right out front and one that COULD get Federal government money to help in the re-development of it.

This would by-pass the state governments in-action in supporting all three codes and make it viable for all teams in these codes if Union was to get a team and for the new Melbourne based Soccer team.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

That wouldn't be a certain stadium with retractable seats near an inner city detention center would it?
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hells Bells wrote:I don't think it will happen as a number of high profile corporates and Storm board members have been seen having lunch with people from Union and Soccer discussing a joint push to take over another ground that has it's own railway station and tram stop right out front and one that COULD get Federal government money to help in the re-development of it.
Glenferrie Oval? :shock:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately