Bunnies v Storm,(swine flu hysteria not withstanding) *spoilers*

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
aflconvert
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

anyone found the game shown online, for us paupers without  foxtel?
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Koopu is in, not Anderson.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

aflconvert the guy that usually streams it is apprently moving house and unable to do it...try the radio mate.

**SPOILERS*

i knew we would come into this game complacent. We arent doing the simple things right!!! catching a ball is not hard. Zappa is having a shocker and our defence is pretty shoddy. We need to hold the ball and the simple things right if we are any chance of winning.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ugggghhhh frustrating. One positive so far is Cronk can still kick 40/20s. I haven't seen one in agesssss.
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It is seriously no use making big wins if we are unable to back it up.

I don't understand how the boys can feel complacent when this season has been so touch-and-go.

I'm just hoping we can make an improvement in the next 20 minutes...

EDIT: Haha - spoke too soon, we're only two points down. Go Cooper! Let's see another!
Last edited by Temi on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

well we won. .....how the hell did we do that?

if that was a half decent team like the bulldogs we would have been smashed.

Cam needs to be taken off kicking duties he is very up and down with his kicks and it takes alot of pressure off him. Hoffy was great and inglis got us out of trouble alot. ugly win but one we needed....

TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

15 errors, 26 missed tackles. Very disappointing.

Hard fought win - and we did win - so kudos to the boys, but we made very hard work of it. Probably our poorest defensive performance of the year.

2 points good, how we did it - well ... not so good. I don't think Craig will be very happy; I suspect that they'll have to repaint the changeroom walls.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

26 missed? holy crap. Not like us at all. still got that attitude we had early in the season....starting to shake it a bit but still creeping in from time to time.

storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think you have to say, while we didnt do well, we really gifted the bunnies a couple of tries - and the poor catches from restarts etc ae so unlike us - i think it was just an unlucky night in a lot of ways.

Inglis is back on form though, he's a genius and back interested in playing.

Semmed very low amount of penalties in the game for ruck / foul play which was pleasant to see

Still a win is a win and you can tbeat every side by 40 every week..
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

looked very flat....a little tired and not quite switched on come game time...similar to the bulldogs game.

As opposed to last week where Jeff Lima practically ruptured some shoncos players when the Storm were running the ball back from a kick off.

btw ...if i had to listen to one more minute of andy raymond practically supporting and willing the rabbits to a win, I was gonna throw something through the TV. :x

I turned off the commentary at one point cos raymond and tallis were giving me the shits.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don't see how we can put in such a strong defensive performance against the Broncos one week, and completely collapse in defence against the Rabbitohs! Maybe I don't give the Bunnies enough credit, but come on!

Certainly an ugly win, but hopefully, a reality check. Hopefully Bellamy will give them a good spray!

The boys were very, very lucky to walk away with a win.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We were not lucky, we scored 6 tries to 4, thats not luck, we should have won by moe if Cam could kick.
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

That intercept try in the first few minutes really unsettled the boys.
It was totally against the run of play and yet it quite put us off our game.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Rabbitohs were always going to come out firing in this one after their poor performances in the last few weeks.

There were some good points to take out of this one though, the Storm got up and scored the points when they needed to, despite being down and continually having to come back. Points are being scored. Cronk is really starting to stamp his foot on matches, exactly when he needs to with a few of the lads away on Origin next week. It's been said before but a win is a win and in a competition as closely fought as this current one it's crucial to scrape as much as possible from every match. Next week against the Tigers will be interesting.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2995/mattgeyer0xw.jpg[/img][/url]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Souths were always going to be up for this game...their supporters were giving it to the club and coach all week, the announcement that their club had sold the most memberships in the nrl, all those losses in the past few weeks, taking the game to Perth where they have a lot of supporters, etc.

Glad we scraped in.
Cam has to do something about his goal kicking or get someone else.