Danny Boy should he get a contract 2005

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

In my opinion he has played very well this year, he will be at a very good price, there is 26 rounds so he would still play half and that would be good for the second half is when injury bites, he is a great club man so give him a job some ware. Tell him he has to be the fittest has ever been so when he comes back watch out hard and clean. Because if he takes it to a court he will get a reduce sentence because the people listing might just have a few more IQ points than three front rowers suffering from to many high tackles.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I agree, i think he is worth sigining for next year assuming he is interested.

Working on his 18 match ban and assuming i've got this right, he's served 2 weeks already and there is 5 matches remaining in the regular season which maked 7. At worst case (Storm missing the finals) he would miss 11 games next season. I'm not sure if practice matches count but if so, lets say we play 3 practice matches it would mean he could return in Round 9 next year. Assuming we do make the finals this year that would obviously be reduced. If we made it all the way to the grand final (lets say thats 4 finals matches) he could possibly return in round 5 (again assuming practice matches count). Tell me if I'm wrong...
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hmmm... i must have it wrong. This article says he wouldn't return until round 9 even if we did make the grand final. Me not understand why?

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/08/ ... 99671.html

I'm tipping if he takes it to appeal he will get a lighter sentence.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Come on guys, let's win the premiership so Danny's suspension ends sooner rather than later. 8)
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The bit that confused me was this:
Williams, who pleaded guilty to striking Mark O'Neill at the outset of the six-hour hearing spread over two weeks, effectively received a 24-match ban, as the suspension does not include the 25 per cent discount players are entitled to for entering an early plea.
Anybody? :scratch:
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

brad walter may have been a bit high when he wrote it. :lol: :lol:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

:lol: :lol: ...yeah we gotta buy williams.... :D :D
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Insomniac wrote:Anybody? :scratch:
Yeah that had me stumped too. I would also like to know how they worked out he'd be back in round 9 even if we did reach the grand final? That just doesn't sound right to me.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

like i said,he musta been high on something :lol: :lol:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hailstorm wrote:
Yeah that had me stumped too. I would also like to know how they worked out he'd be back in round 9 even if we did reach the grand final? That just doesn't sound right to me.
Weighted UP due to previous indescretions, and then down by 25%?

I don't know for sure, but I think that would work out about right if he got 14 weeks (the minimum they recommended) - one of the papers mentioned a 66% loading for prior offenses a couple of weeks back.

That would be :

14 x 1.66 / 1.25 = 18.7 ie. 18 weeks and 70 carry over points.

:?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
OZRHINO
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Williams has been a superb player. He has been a remarkable clubman who has shown great loyalty to this club.
He is a good player, not a world beater, but a good, hard player and it has always been a great advantage to us to have a bit of mongrel come off the bench.

However, is it really worth our money to keep him on the books when he would only play one more year anyway?
Surely the money that would be spent on him would be better used either ensuring the resigning of one of our younger blokes, or to use the money to build for the next few years. If he was 22 I would say keep him, but at his age, is the money best spent on him ?????
storm007
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Now that I have carmed down after the whole thing from the hit, I go back on previious words and think Danny should get a bew contract for next year even if it on game played basis.

Also as Channel 10 have said over the past 2 night Melbourne have lost there hooker for the next 18 games. :? They had better tell Cam what his position with the club is then. :?
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

Danny Williams is finished
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hailstorm wrote:
He's already missed 3 weeks, 4 weeks left in the season takes it to 7 games he's suspended for. Add the potential 4 weeks of the final series and that's 11 games out, so he could serve 7 games of suspension next year and could actually be playing by round 8 of the competition.

And I'd swear the NRL let some Roosters player as well as Hopoate serve their suspension one pre-season a few years ago. I know they didn't let them play, but can't recall if they took that off of the suspension time or not.
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And in answer to the question - yes, he should be given another chance.
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!