Update on Danny's hearing

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Russell Fairfax from foxsports at the hearing says SO FAR they have agreed to allow the medical evidence to be heard.

Will update with more news when available ...
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That can be a good sign. It means that they have not totally dismissed it and may take it seriously, unlike the morons in the media. Not long till Danny Walks free now.

He will be back on the paddock by the end of the month, if not the end of Friday night. :twisted:
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

gees you're a bit hopeful LR :roll:
Last edited by jellyhead on Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

More news: NRL can only rely on 1 medical expert tonight. The Storm have 3 - Natahan Gibbs, some neurolosist expert and another medical guy and former wallaby.

Also something that may be in the Storm's favour, the judicary has 3 forwards sitting on it I believe, all of whom know what it's like to be taken high and not remember much of what happened in a game.

3 more witnesses to come to the stand. Time has almost come to free Willi(ams)
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

jellyhead wrote:gees you're a bit hope LR :roll:
Hope? Nah, it's called being realistic. :wink: :D
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hey, my Foxtel has gone down, can you please update me with anything they say on the case.

Cheers, LR
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Bummer!! No more word yet ... does this show finish @ 8.30?
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah, pretty sure it does.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Russell Fairfax quote "I don't want to give Storm supporters false hope but it is looking good for Danny Williams. 2 Doctors have corroborated (sp?) the post traumatic amnesia defence. 1 dr saying from the video it looked like Danny was very shaky when he hit O'Neill."

Warren then said that Storm have had their say with their defence so far and the NRL dr is yet to have its say.

So still no definite outcome yet. Warren suggested it could even go a lot longer (tomorrow maybe?).

Fingers crossed guys :)
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The NRL having only 1 doctor can't be good for them. To believe 1 person and declare 3 others as liars is not an easy or fair thing to do.

And of course Danny was shaky when he hit ONeill. If Danny really wanted, ONeill probably would have had his skull snapped in 2 if Danny had the intention of king hitting him.

Free Danny, Free Danny, Free Danny, Free Danny (Hey, I'm getting more anxious now than during the previous 2 weeks of footy which were both extremely boring games.
Thunderstorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Apparently the Dr for the NRL is a neurologist and head of Sports Medicine at Melbourne Uni. And I agree about the 3 forwards on thr panel - Ian roberts, I;ve seen him stagger after high hits when he was playing, Bob Lidner not unknown to a high shot or 2 and the other bloke is one IO don't know. Keeps the hope alive
Thunderstorm
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He may be an expert at a Melbourne Uni, but there is also another expert that the Storm brought in to fight for them that's probably just as if not more qualified.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

According to skynews hearing is still going *sigh*
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I am impressed with the effort the Storm are making on behalf of Danny Williams. Given that there is a likelihood he is leaving at the end of the season, how easy would it have been for them to just leave him to the judiciary.
Thunderstorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Just please keep us posted for those of us who do not have Foxsport only the FTA who only bring up the bad stuff but don't update during the night just in case it is GOOD news....as usual!
Thunderstorm