Storm vs Wests Tigers thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

ofcourse we still love them...always will...no matter how bad we get beat or how bad we play...but the boys really are making themselves and us look bad with these sorts of efforts....and if bellamy comes out and says "the effort was there" i will fuggin die. because if the effort was there we would be winning...players are putting 70% here and than and so no urgency or anything..the only effort they are showing is the effort to make it to the game and tie their shoes up.

another thing...why were we training with finch at 5/8 all week? he didnt play! i know he needs to get combinations working...but ffs untill he is named try and work game plans with the current team.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
bruce
Squall
Squall

i love this team too...but that was just embarrassing  :( :(

how many more chances did we need in that second half?? tigers doing their very best to lose the game...I guess we just wanted it more :icon_frown: :icon_frown:

i'll go somewhere to calm down now :)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Storm make a break, no-one in support!

Storm make a break and there's someone in support, they don't pass the ball!

FMD!!!

GI goes to ground with the ball in hand, the ball does not leave his hand, it's called knock on???

Gibbs knocks on 10 metres out from the Storm try line in cleaning up a loose ball, no knock on???

Cronk chip kicks and Cronk and another Storm player are taken out, no penalty?

Last 10 minutes of the game, how many times does the ball go to Chambers? Too many times!!!

Highlight of the night? The Under 20's winning coz the senior Storm side need a month of training to work out how to lima lima lima duck play together!!!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

the ball going to chambers once is 1 time to many.

VIC
Squall
Squall

I'm just stating the obvious here - our defence is great....but our attack is going to kill us if something doesn't change quickly!!!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Super Cronk wrote: the ball going to chambers once is 1 time to many.

On that performance I'd have to agree with you.
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

oh man we are actually getting worse instead of improving every week at the moment.

We just don't have a attacking game that will hurt any other team at the moment. Way too predictable and just to put it simple we don't have anything with the ball that teams have not seen us attempt for the last 4 years.

The forwards are possibly the least effective in the league at the moment. I love Blair but he got dominated by the Tigers defense every single time he ran the ball tonight, Lima does not make the same metres anymore. Hoffman has been fairly ordinary all season and im not seeing a whole lot from Proctor at the moment, sure he runs hard but i've rarely seen him get the better of the defense. The likes of Anderson and Cross won't be anything more then solid bench forwards. We need White and Manu back as soon as possible and Koopu needs to start fulltime.

Still think people are being too harsh on Chambers, he doesn't get a whole lot of chances in attack, and alot of the ball he got tonight noone would have done much with. He will make the odd mistake in defense but is no worse then anyone else

Smith and Inglis were clearly our best tonight. Cronk was better then he has been i think, still trying to hard but throw Finch in the side and that will settle him down.    

What i've also noticed is the lack of support up the middle of the field when we get a roll on. Remember when we were at a real best. We would be hunting in a pack just rolling up the middle of the field...rarely going 2 or 3 passes wide until we are in a real scoring position someone makes a half break now and noone in sight waiting for a ball to pop up

Finch may be the last roll of the dice in regards to being a real contender this season.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

VIC wrote: I'm just stating the obvious here - our defence is great....but our attack is going to kill us if something doesn't change quickly!!!
our defence isnt great tho...tigers put 16 points on us. we are leaking points everywhere this year...even the dragqueens are beating us on the ladder!!! thats more shameful than anything else.

Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Super Cronk wrote:
VIC wrote: I'm just stating the obvious here - our defence is great....but our attack is going to kill us if something doesn't change quickly!!!
our defence isnt great tho...tigers put 16 points on us. we are leaking points everywhere this year...even the dragqueens are beating us on the ladder!!! thats more shameful than anything else.
we are leading points?

where?

Tigers only put 16 on us...they are one of the better attacking team in the league.

nothing wrong with our defence, its still good enough to be a real contender unfortantly our attack is the worse in the league right now with the Sharks
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bullets wrote:nothing wrong with our defence
Are you watching the same games I am?

We hold firm and hold firm and then let the simplest of tries through the middle or via an overlap out wide.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That was ordinary alright,

And i was confident we would win this one,

now I know what it must be like to follow the Sharks, when all you can do,  is hope your defence will win you the game ,

the next fortnight  will tell us alot ,

Warriors, Manly .
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bullets wrote:
Super Cronk wrote:
we are leading points?

where?

Tigers only put 16 on us...they are one of the better attacking team in the league.

nothing wrong with our defence, its still good enough to be a real contender unfortantly our attack is the worse in the league right now with the Sharks
vs
dragons-16 points
broncos- 16
cowboys 12
titans- 18
panthers -14
tigers -16

nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote:
Bullets wrote:
Super Cronk wrote: our defence isnt great tho...tigers put 16 points on us. we are leaking points everywhere this year...even the dragqueens are beating us on the ladder!!! thats more shameful than anything else.
we are leading points?

where?

vs
dragons-16 points
broncos- 16
cowboys 12
titans- 18
panthers -14
tigers -16

those points arent great but its better than getting blown out each week

i think our for and against is at 13?
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Koopu needs to go adn Fanene should be given a run if Sika and/or White arent ready. If Sika'' ready drop Anderson as well. We desperatley need size.

The deficiencies in Cooper game are  showing atm and I wonder if teams really broke down his game over the offseason and saw he struggles with his passing when he doesnt have acres of space thus theyre are really rushing up on him. Someone like Thurston, Prince or benji could combat that but Cooper doesnt have the skills or creativity to do it when pressurised.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

a loss is a loss...consistently getting up towards 16 points isnt good. Its alright to leak 16 points a game if we can than score more than 16...but we are struggling to do that.

the only reason we havent had 40 put on us yet is because we havent played anyone in red hot form. Also its not always about the points...its the way the boys play and carry themselves...and they look disjointed and not intrested...thats worse than the boys putting 110% and getting smashed by 40 points.