Brett Finch to play for the Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

On The Hill wrote: What's with all the Chambers bashing going on on this site! Yeah he's struggling a bit playing in the centres but it's not like GI has lit the world up playing out there either. And our 2 wingers? Not exactly on fire either.
How about we wait till we are getting them some good service  from inside. He was flying last year when we were flying before he did his knee. If you are getting slow ball the defence closes in on you pretty quickly - not exactly a recipe for a feast of tries and line breaks. Against the Panthers he was marking Jennings, that kids a certifiable star, so no wonder he got outpointed 5th game back from a knee reco.

Never been a big fan of 'Sh*tbrick' Finch but he is a good player and hopefully he can help settle our attack and Cooper stops trying too hard to fix everything himself and then all our backs can enjoy the results.

quinn has copped his fair share...so has zappa.

i agree that they arent getting great service the whole team is playing with that lack of spark from previous years, but chambers needs to go looking for the ball and so does inglis they need to get involved more. The big issue with chambers is his defence...
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
On The Hill
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

nacho wrote: On the hill, if youve been keeping an eye on many other threads ull see that there are periods where we bash every player, its not just chambers that weve had a go at
Excellent attitude to have! I'd hate to be on this site when we have had a bad few years. Considering we have lost a handful of games in the last 3/4 years and not missed the finals since Bellamy took over I'd say some of us are a bit spoilt.
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Chambers to carve up with Finch in the team now
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

On The Hill wrote:
nacho wrote: On the hill, if youve been keeping an eye on many other threads ull see that there are periods where we bash every player, its not just chambers that weve had a go at
Excellent attitude to have! I'd hate to be on this site when we have had a bad few years. Considering we have lost a handful of games in the last 3/4 years and not missed the finals since Bellamy took over I'd say some of us are a bit spoilt.

nacho does not speak for everyone here I assure you!  :roll:
Not all of us are sooky la la's when we lose - some of us are quite realistic and don't think the end of the world is coming when we lose a game  ;D

Btw I'm a Richmond supporter from way back so losing is not at all new to me  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote:
On The Hill wrote:

nacho does not speak for everyone here I assure you!  :roll:
Not all of us are sooky la la's when we lose - some of us are quite realistic and don't think the end of the world is coming when we lose a game  ;D

Btw I'm a Richmond supporter from way back so losing is not at all new to me  ;-)
wasnt trying to speak for people , what i shold have said was

some people have been bashing players on this forum for their below par performances, im guilty of it
but its not just on a single player
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Well done nacho, perhaps from now on you'll check what you've typed before you click the post button  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mmm yes  maybe i just shouldnt have used 'we'
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

where are your manners nach...say "sorry mum".  ;-)

Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

On The Hill wrote: What's with all the Chambers bashing going on on this site! Yeah he's struggling a bit playing in the centres but it's not like GI has lit the world up playing out there either. And our 2 wingers? Not exactly on fire either.
How about we wait till we are getting them some good service  from inside. He was flying last year when we were flying before he did his knee. If you are getting slow ball the defence closes in on you pretty quickly - not exactly a recipe for a feast of tries and line breaks. Against the Panthers he was marking Jennings, that kids a certifiable star, so no wonder he got outpointed 5th game back from a knee reco.

Never been a big fan of 'Sh*tbrick' Finch but he is a good player and hopefully he can help settle our attack and Cooper stops trying too hard to fix everything himself and then all our backs can enjoy the results.

=D>
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Didn't we use to bag Finch all the time or was it exclusive to Robert?
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i think its was eels and the nrl in genreal  :lol:

ps: just reading about Finch and his shoulder injuries...hopefully that doesnt hamper him when he is playing with us.

I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well if Finch is still out for more weeks, we still have Maloney - so its all good.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he wont miss any weeks besides this week

from http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqnews ... 52263.html
A shoulder injury will prevent the former NSW State of Origin halfback from lining up against Wests Tigers in their next clash on Monday night but Finch says he is set for round seven at Olympic Park.

"I'll be available for the New Zealand game which is on Anzac Day," said Finch, who split with Parramatta last week.

"I've got a bruised AC, nothing too dramatic but since last week I've been unable to get treatment on it so I thought it would be best to get a good week of treatment on it with the physios here and then should be right for next Saturday."

He completed most of Melbourne's training drills on Friday and said, while initially nervous, had settled in.
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think Finch will be great for us. he has been given a great opportunity & i cant see him letting anyone down. i just hope that GI starts to get more involved and i guess he has no excuses now. GI needs to become more consistant to become a better player.
i am looking forward to the changes in our attack with Cooper & Finch and seeing the Storm at their Best. i cant wait, bring it on. i think the team attitude will change knowing that the problems at 5/8 have been resolved, they will have more confidence and enjoy playing.  :) :) :) :)
I am back again.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The main stumbling block in our attack is the lack of muscle,mongrel & intimidation in the forwards.
Until we fix that our attack is restricted to opportunistic runs by the backline - When or IF they get the ball.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields