round 1 team

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

gothestorm wrote: One word. Ordinary.

What a gaping hole Crocker, Geyer, Smith and Folau have left. There are guys running around in our team tonite that are not and never will be first graders. In no particular order they are:

Isa
Hinchcliffe
Proctor
how many times you gotta prove yourself to be a brainless troll?

isa did good...little ball.

hinchecliffe played the last what 10-15 mins!!! what else do you expect.

Proctor i thought was good. good defence and always looking to get the ball out the back.

i think it was just first round jitters along with poor discipline and handling...the players we have can do the job and do a better job than tonight.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We won't get within 20 of the Broncos next week.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

go crawl in the hole you came from coz for the last year all you have done is talk trash
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

what the lima lima lima duck was with sailor, we let him run from the right wing, to the left wing, then make a break and offload to score a try.

the whole time, billy stood flat footed and let isa try to tackle him, fair enough billy does perform consistantly week in week out but come on , he had to at least make an effort to get to big del.

i loved seeing GI just fend the shit out of that twit soward and score a good try, and Isa, deadset nicest bloke ive met

ther were moments that i was unhappy with but overall it was good to watch, my voice is gone and my hands are still tingeling, bring on the tits!
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I wasnt impressed with the 'knock on' decision when GI got the ball punched out late in the second half. 2 refs didnt seem do much to make better decisions - but did speed the game up which i dont know if its a good thing.

If you look at the dragons they did bugger all most of the night, up the center and hardly spread the ball, and Soward trying the high kick all the time. Had we hanged onto the ball (Billy, Quinn etc) we would have cruised this game.
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

storm_rhinos wrote: I wasnt impressed with the 'knock on' decision when GI got the ball punched out late in the second half. 2 refs didnt seem do much to make better decisions - but did speed the game up which i dont know if its a good thing.

If you look at the dragons they did bugger all most of the night, up the center and hardly spread the ball, and Soward trying the high kick all the time. Had we hanged onto the ball (Billy, Quinn etc) we would have cruised this game.
re: the rake. i said the same thing to my sister in-law...she is a dragons fan..what do you think she said  :roll:

gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

How eerie was that try the Dragons scored at the end - brought back nightmares from last season's Warriors debacle.

And can someone confirm if Billy kicked the ball back to the Dragons with about 5 seconds left(in normal time) to give them another shot at field goal?!! That was a brain exposion.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

for those that watched on tv, did they rip into quinn for playing the ball in the wrong direction?
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

not really.. they laughed about it. i gave him a serve tho.

singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

gothestorm wrote: We won't get within 20 of the Broncos next week.
I agree, we'll really have to pull back not to beat them 40-10

:P
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

nacho wrote: for those that watched on tv, did they rip into quinn for playing the ball in the wrong direction?
Ah, it does happen from time to time - it just had to be Quinn it happened too.

Usually its after a good knock to the head, but I will agree it was a difficult tackle, multiple twists and flips really screwed up his compass.

After I stopped swearing I did have a good laugh at the expression on his face after he played the ball to find the entire Storm team standing in front of him  :P
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote: what the *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* was with sailor, we let him run from the right wing, to the left wing, then make a break and offload to score a try.

the whole time, billy stood flat footed and let isa try to tackle him, fair enough billy does perform consistantly week in week out but come on , he had to at least make an effort to get to big del.

i loved seeing GI just fend the shit out of that twit soward and score a good try, and Isa, deadset nicest bloke ive met

ther were moments that i was unhappy with but overall it was good to watch, my voice is gone and my hands are still tingeling, bring on the tits!
...bring on the tits???  :lol:

nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote:
nacho wrote: what the *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* was with sailor, we let him run from the right wing, to the left wing, then make a break and offload to score a try.

i meant next home game... and tits in general
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote:
Super Cronk wrote:

i meant next home game... and tits in general
:lol: :lol: :lol:

oh i know what you meant.

MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Super Cronk wrote: not really.. they laughed about it. i gave him a serve tho.
Yep, it will get a good run on the sports blooper reels
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]