Michael Witt??????

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

According to yesterdays Sydney papers Michael Witt can not get a visa to play in the UK and the Warriors have told him to find a new club.  Witt is a 6 and he has an amazing goal kicking percentage.  Melbourne Storm should offer him what Taumata was on.  Then Witt could play 6, Greg in the centres and leave Cam at hooker.  Also, it would be good have a goal kicking with a good strike rate.
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hmm, why can't Michael Witt get a visa to play in the UK?

To be honest, he seems inconsistent, but I think he could really develop as a player at Storm. He seems to be a better halfback than five-eighth however.

Not to mention, his goal kicking talents are phenomenal. We could probably snag him for a bargain...
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He would be a great signing if we could get him, but I'm sure there are clubs with more money that would want him...
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Temi wrote: Hmm, why can't Michael Witt get a visa to play in the UK?

To be honest, he seems inconsistent, but I think he could really develop as a player at Storm. He seems to be a better halfback than five-eighth however.

Not to mention, his goal kicking talents are phenomenal. We could probably snag him for a bargain...
He didn't apply for one.He was just shafted by the Warriors,so they could find money to throw at Eastwood,(who had his visa/passport application rejected).
Storm have a happy knack of re-inventing those that other clubs thought 'not worth the effort'  ;D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Michael Witt has basically been shafted by every rugby league club he's ever played for!

At Parramatta, he enjoyed initial success, but was dropped suddenly from the team, apparently he was "out of favour" with Brian Smith (the coach at the time).

He then went to Manly (shudder) where he again had some initial success, but was displaced from the team after a suspension in 2006.

He's also experienced the same thing in New Zealand, enjoying initial success, then being displaced from the team while recovering from his hip flexor injury. Now they're trying to get rid of him!

He seems to have had an identical experience with every NRL club he's played for. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i wouldnt object if the team got him, but depends on his asking price
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Didgi
Squall
Squall

That would be great for storm if you could grab him cheap, Cam isn't the best kicker round, is he?
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If he came cheap perhaps ........ i dont think he is that good, but it does give us more options,
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Then again, he doesnt need to be that good! Bellamy may just give him a simple role, i mean Inglis wasnt exactly lighting the world on fire at 6. If we can get him inside the cap than why not?
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Heading for the Panthers was the latest I heard.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

this one is from left field, he has also been speaking to a NZ rugby union provincial team , north harbour.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Didgi
Squall
Squall

Surely while he can be accepted by an NRL team he wont go to a lower grade.
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OG MY GOD IT COULD STILL HAPPEN

LOOK AT THIS

Storm eyes Witt for crucial role
Stathi Paxinos | March 5, 2009

MELBOURNE Storm's plans for its problematic five-eighth position could again be in line for another shake-up, with the 2007 premier suggesting it would be interested in out-of-favour New Zealand Warriors playmaker Michael Witt — if the price was right.

The Storm has a spot available on its roster and some money to spare after it sacked first-choice five-eighth Arana Taumata for an alleged alcohol-fuelled assault on a man. And while the Storm has moved a long way down its contingency plans to give pivot Greg Inglis more time in his preferred berth in the centres, Storm football operations manager Frank Ponissi yesterday said the Storm "would certainly entertain" the prospect of recruiting Witt, who was last week told by the Warriors that they would release him this season if he found another club.

"He would obviously need to take a fair salary cut to come to us so he'd need to make that decision, but if he was prepared to do so we'd certainly look at it," said Ponissi, who revealed the club had not yet been approached by Witt's management.

Witt said he was well aware of the situation that he has found himself in, with clubs having full rosters and no room in their salary caps, and would therefore jump at any chance to continue playing, including taking a pay cut for the upcoming season.

"At this point in time I'm just open to everything really," said Witt, who has also played with Parramatta and Manly. "My manager is having a look around to see what's out there and is available to me.

"… This time of the year most clubs have got their teams sorted and their salary cap spent so I think in all reality if you want to change clubs at this point in time that (salary cut) is something you definitely look at."

Witt, who was also exploring playing rugby union in New Zealand and was linked to Penrith before Panthers coach Matthew Elliott dismissed the suggestion, is best known in Melbourne for his infamous act in the finals last year when he taunted the on-coming Storm players by lifting the ball above his head in celebration moments before planting it for a last-minute try to secure the qualifying final for the Warriors. However, the 25-year-old believed there would be no lingering bitterness from Storm players if he was recruited.

AND NOT GOOD NEWS

Meanwhile, Storm winger Anthony Quinn is still struggling to be fit for the first-round clash against St George Illawarra at Olympic Park next week. Quinn, who had surgery to repair an Achilles injury during the off-season, missed last weekend's trial game against Brisbane with groin soreness. Coach Craig Bellamy will make his decision on Quinn and several other teammates such as Brett White (feet) when the team re-groups for training on Sunday after three days off
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Monsoon
Monsoon

witt is useless, id much rather stick with gi at 5/8 and let the young fellas continue to pressure each other for the vacant centre position, think about it, we sign witt, then all of a sudden tomane and isa dont get any game time and they go walkies to another club, although he can kick for goal pretty well, that might come in handy...
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Witt would be a great purchase! Fingers crossed