Bulldogs do us a favour!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Bulldogs tonight beat the Panthers tonight. This put the Dogs in the box seat for the minor premiership, and also put us within reach of the top 4 again.

Should we beat the Roosters on Sunday, Storm will move into 4th spot, equal on points with the Panthers, but with a vastly better points differential. HOWEVER, should we lose, we could find ourselves in 6th (if St George beat the Cowboys) and in very serious real danger of slipping out of the 8.

With only 2 home games remaining, our season hangs very much in the balance! We could make 4th spot, or miss the finals all together. Both St George and Canberra (on 22 pts) both still have a bye up their sleeves, and therefore are effectively on 24 pts.

If I sound like a doomsdayer - it's because I feel like it. I'm getting really worried!
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd prefer it if they just saved their worst gamemof the season fir when we meet them in the finals. That would be the best favour they could do for us. :)

AS for the whole Canberra and Dragons being on 24 points, look at it this way.

Melbourne have lost 8 games and 16 potential premiership points.

Canberra and the Dragons have lost 9 games and already certainly missed out on 18 potential premiership points.

A bye does nothing for them unless we lose that weekend. :D
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

If we can't make the finals from here, then quite simply we don't deserve to.
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So very true. But as for those getting worried, just think of this - While there is Kirk, there is still hope(and plenty of it) :D
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Dragons lost, Cowboys breathing down our neck.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have nothing against the Cowboys, but I don't think that I could possibly stand to see them finish above us on the ladder. Good to have them 1 point behind us though than the Dragons even with us. :D