Storm Michael Crocker

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
wenjo
Squall
Squall

If Crocker  doesn't end up playing in the UK.
Would it be in Storm's best interests to offer Crocker a non playing role at the club if he does retire? Surely his experience would be an advantage around the club?

Wenjo
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

brian waldren said he was going to talk to him last friday but i dont think any storm fan should be pissed of if he did go play with anouther team he has a life too and has to pay the bills
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's more mature now n probably more confident of not getting in trouble in a sydney or QLD club.
There's no way we'll see him wearing the blazin purple again.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i think payments per match would be a good way to go, thats how we started with lima wasnt it? and with this free cash we have now that arans gone we could maybe afford it
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he has F****D he body up too much to be playing only for match payments if he come back it wont be with us and i dont think we should be upset if he wants to go to another club
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well, if all fails with crocks then we can use kearns, saw him the other day when i went to ask about memberships he looks fitter than most of the young blokes
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Got this off the NRL website
One door that does appear closed however is a return to Melbourne, with Storm chief executive Brian Waldron confirming his club was not in position to offer Crocker a deal for 2009.

"We're actually helping him get overseas because that's what he wants to do and we're providing him with some character references," Waldron said.

"From a playing roster point of view there's no room and financially we couldn't reward him."
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I love Cooper wrote: Got this off the NRL website
One door that does appear closed however is a return to Melbourne, with Storm chief executive Brian Waldron confirming his club was not in position to offer Crocker a deal for 2009.

"We're actually helping him get overseas because that's what he wants to do and we're providing him with some character references," Waldron said.

"From a playing roster point of view there's no room and financially we couldn't reward him."
Very sad...he was our good luck charm.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not sure the door is closed..... any statement on this issue so far is coming from the club and NOT Crocker's manager. This is a little strange considering he 'isn't a Storm player'.

I know the Oz High Commission in London is now working on an appeal but statements coming from a players old club and not his manager is a little out of the norm.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

is crockers manager the same dennis scott that used to play for us?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

this is an official press release from storm on behalf of crocks
Michael Crocker Statement
Written by: Dave Donaghy
Feb 3, 2009 8:07am

MELBOURNE Storm would like to issue the following media release on behalf of Michael Crocker.

“Amid incorrect statements that have been circulating on the matter of my playing future this is the only official statement I will be issuing.

Despite rumours and misreports that have been circulating I am under no circumstances retiring from professional rugby league.

I look forward to playing in the 2009 season and beyond and I am not negotiating with any NRL clubs at this stage.

I am entirely focused on my visa application for England to play for Hull FC. We have accepted the offer from the British Consulate to appeal the initial visa refusal.

I do not wish to jeopardise my appeal with any incorrect media reports regarding my playing future or early retirement.”

- Michael Crocker.
CHITTYCHARGO
Squall
Squall

It says the appeal process could take upto 3 months ,would it be a good idea to have him has a player payed on a match by match basis.If this was to happen do you think it would upset the scale of the team if he was succesful and did get his visa for UK.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

CHITTYCHARGO wrote: It says the appeal process could take upto 3 months ,would it be a good idea to have him has a player payed on a match by match basis.If this was to happen do you think it would upset the scale of the team if he was succesful and did get his visa for UK.
I don't think he'd want to do it somehow....
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bulldogs are saying they are interested in Crocker if he can't go over.

I think the best out come would be Hull paying him and allowing him to play for us while the appeal process takes place. This way he will me match fit once he can go over, Hull win and so do we :)
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

surely that would count against the cap though...
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]