Michael Crocker

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Reacing one of the articles about todd Carney and his problems getting a visa, apparently Michael is in the same situation (i.e. no visa yet) I wonder if he would get one, and if he did not what he would do?
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It is proberly cause he got in trouble with the police when he was with the roosters
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Its a tricky situation isnt it.
Its one thing to sign a contract with a club, but its another thing to be able to get the paper work to enter the country.
Maybe the people issuing the visa's are still ribbing from the devastation at the dome ( or whatever its called now) when the kangers thrumped Eng.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

They seem to be making it tougher for 'imports' in general - Michael Crocker, Tony Puletua and co delayed by red tape

Due to 'changes' in the UK points system - Working in the UK
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

he can stay with us...i dont mind.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Haha we'll just take him back for half his original salary... BARGAIN!!!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Temi wrote: Haha we'll just take him back for half his original salary... BARGAIN!!!
Would be great as he was our good luck charm, but I am sure he will eventually get his visa.
CHITTYCHARGO
Squall
Squall

If it is based on the same has soccer players going to the UK you have better chance of getting a visa if you have represented your Country in this case Crocker has,regarding the police it was some years ago so he should have no problem.I still think he would be better in a Storm shirt than a sh*tty Hull one.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

CHITTYCHARGO wrote: If it is based on the same has soccer players going to the UK you have better chance of getting a visa if you have represented your Country in this case Crocker has,regarding the police it was some years ago so he should have no problem.I still think he would be better in a Storm shirt than a sh*tty Hull one.
Its a shame that the NRL won't do something about our teams losing players to overseas or Union. 
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

It's God's way of saying;

"Serves you right for signing with HELL FC."

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael crocker has been training with the storm for the last few weeks to keep fit while his visa is considered he may quit footy if visa is not approved

this is from an article in todays paper (sorry i dont have time to go and find it again)
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
estormboy
Squall
Squall

For anybody interested in the story SallyMay was referring to  :)

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 66,00.html

MICHAEL Crocker says he will consider retirement if he suffers the same fate as Todd Carney and is denied a work permit by the British government.
Just three weeks before Hull's opening-round match with Wigan, the ex-Storm hardman is in limbo, still awaiting clearance to join the Super League club on a three-year deal.

Crocker was scheduled to leave Australia on January 2 but has been caught up in red tape, forcing him to train in Melbourne with his former Storm colleagues.

British authorities last week rejected Carney's application although Crocker is still hoping for a more favourable outcome.

Should he be knocked back, Crocker said he was more likely to retire than seek an NRL return.
He said: "I don't think I'll go back to the NRL. If England doesn't happen, I don't know if I'll go back to the Storm.

"They haven't really got any cash so I'll probably spend the year getting my life after footy sorted.

"The main reason I left is because it was getting too mentally draining for me.

"I've been lucky to be in some good teams but the constant grind of training and the intensity of being up every week for every team, it got a bit tough to handle.

"Going to England, where it's a different style of game and a new challenge, appeals to me.''

British embassy officials have requested copies of police and court documents from Crocker's arrest and conviction for affray, following a scuffle with police outside a Sydney hotel in 2005.

But the 28-year-old former Maroons enforcer is confident the incident will not prevent him joining Hull for their season opener on February 13.

"My first application went missing but I've got the consulate looking at things so hopefully I'll get the green light soon,'' he said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Pity Crocker doesnt look like a paki - taliban terrorist. then he would get in to the UK no probs!
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

pauliedude wrote: Pity Crocker doesnt look like a paki - taliban terrorist. then he would get in to the UK no probs!
What a disgraceful comment. Go and take a long look at yourself in the mirror.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

gothestorm wrote:
pauliedude wrote: Pity Crocker doesnt look like a paki - taliban terrorist. then he would get in to the UK no probs!
What a disgraceful comment. Go and take a long look at yourself in the mirror.
Just had a long look in the mirror and liked what I saw  :D I could do with a shave tho!