Membership

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

hopefully it wont be as expensive as the gold coast stadium as these are best part of double most stadiums, i.e. $275 gor 12 game general admission and $600 for premium
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

steaming stormer wrote: Welcome!
I would suspect the packages will be fairly similar - but we don't know the configuration of the stadium yet so in terms of what seating is what section is to be determined as far as I know!
Thanks! I was hoping someone had the inside goss, although I suppose its a little too early to tell at this point.

Storm_rhinos I hope they're not as expensive... especially when they're campaigning so heavily for an increase in members!
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

They have already said there will be an increase next year altho they will try to keep it as minimal as possible,

Still under our past administrators we were paying $1000 a year for a family membership where we sit no
When the new Management came in the price dropped by $400 + a year so I wasn't complaining.
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Silkin Storm wrote: They have already said there will be an increase next year altho they will try to keep it as minimal as possible,

Still under our past administrators we were paying $1000 a year for a family membership where we sit no
When the new Management came in the price dropped by $400 + a year so I wasn't complaining.
I would imagine there will be an increase because everyone will have seats, but I believe the Storm admin. would not be so stupid to increase prices significantly.  I have a friend whose a Storm member and also follows an afl team - when her renewal came in from her team, it was $400 extra.  She is seriously considering not to renew...

That package for the Titans is quite ridiculous, but it seems people over there are prepared to pay the price.

I am sure Storm would consider that many people are suffering financial hardship, and admission prices should be only marginally more.
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'd say it will go up as you're paying for the new stadium and better seating,but they'll see how things are going with the financial situation in Australia,and take it from there.
They aren't going to price themselves out of the market,that's just shooting yourself in the foot.
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I guess it all comes down to what rent the goverment charges the storm given the paid for it, I guess they must realise make it too high and it kills the purpose, and hence they have a 275 million wasted invesement
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the other thing that may help offset it is I believe the stadium is clean of signage and pouring rights, meaning the club get to make extra cash out of that that they don't get now
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

We have no choice at the moment but wait and see.

But I am pretty confident, the price increase won't be too high.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

youd be an idiot to think there wouldnt be an increase. but as others have already said the storm will obviously try and keep it as reasonable as they can.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote: the other thing that may help offset it is I believe the stadium is clean of signage and pouring rights, meaning the club get to make extra cash out of that that they don't get now
The club will have no say in signage and pouring and food rights at the new stadium as it is owned by MOPT, and they will manage it.

The club will have entered into an arrangement that MAY see it receive a percentage of takings and that will be it.

The Government once it is built wont take any money from events....it's called a government grant for a reason., just like the improvements to the MCG.

On the issue of the Titans, they charged members $2600 (one off payment) to have the right to apply to keep the same seat for life (15 years) then above that you had your season ticket prices each year. Can't see that happening down here.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stormwarning[c] wrote:
steaming stormer wrote: the other thing that may help offset it is I believe the stadium is clean of signage and pouring rights, meaning the club get to make extra cash out of that that they don't get now
The club will have no say in signage and pouring and food rights at the new stadium as it is owned by MOPT, and they will manage it.

The club will have entered into an arrangement that MAY see it receive a percentage of takings and that will be it.

The Government once it is built wont take any money from events....it's called a government grant for a reason., just like the improvements to the MCG.

On the issue of the Titans, they charged members $2600 (one off payment) to have the right to apply to keep the same seat for life (15 years) then above that you had your season ticket prices each year. Can't see that happening down here.
If Ive understood this right,the Titans have conned members out of $2600 each?If you lodge your reserved seat membership on time each year,shouldnt you automatically get your same seat?Or is that just the AFL?
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yeah i cant see storm offering a seat for life considering the stadium will be shared with other sports, unlike the titans stadium.
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Stormwarning[c] wrote:The Government once it is built wont take any money from events....it's called a government grant for a reason., just like the improvements to the MCG.
Didn't the government propose a ticket surcharge to recoup some of the costs? I am sure early announcements regarding funding when they were talking about a 20k seat stadium included funding split between a grant and a loan to MOPT to be repaid with a $1 (or something like that) surcharge on tickets to all events at the stadium until the loan was repaid. I can't recall reading anything in later announcements regarding the actual agreed funding arrangements.

Just on the price increases, given memberships increased 10% in price this year I expect we would be looking at about 10% minimum increase in 2010.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: yeah i cant see storm offering a seat for life considering the stadium will be shared with other sports, unlike the titans stadium.

The Titties will be sharing Robina Stadium with the new A-League Gold Coast expansion team
I hope the Wicchity Grub Stadium doesn't impose us a charge like the one up at Gold Coast
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stormwarning[c] wrote:

That's what I'd have thought, but I read somewhere that there was a possibility of it being signage free and therefore the signage and pourage rights could change from event to event, meaning there was more of a return to the clubs... as I said though, it caught me by surprise so very well could be wrong!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]