2009 Nein TV Coverage

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Is there any news yet on the possibility of Channel nine actually showing NRL at a reasonable time?

It doesn't affect me any more as I live in Rugby League Heartland, but you would think by now those idiot programmers in Melbourne would have taken their blinkers off!

I still remember one of the best days of my life at a taping of 1 vs 100 when I managed to Grill Eddie McGuire about the deplorable coverage (this is when he was running the network) me and another guy in the mob caught him out in a mistruth about NRL programming and got stuck right into the doofus.

I then proceeded to completely stuff up a question about mustard and bombed out ... but still, I felt like a winner
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Singlemalt.....How doesn't it effect you any more when you say you still live in Melbourne.....(It really is RUGBY LEAGUES HEARTLAND) ;)

As for Nine.........It will be the same as it was in 2008, 2007 and so on as the NRL WONT do anything about it.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

sydney definately isnt heartland of rugby league.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don't live in Melbourne, I am just interested if nine is gonna pull their finger out this year and provide decent coverage, my brothers still live there and complain all the time.

And I don't live in Sydney either, I'm in the home of 2007 and 2008 Group 9 premiers ... you work it out  :p
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wagga has never been Leagues Heartland.........Melbourne has been since 1998 ;)

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

well..really anywhere except nsw can be called the heartland.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Wagga has never been Leagues Heartland.........Melbourne has been since 1998 ;)
lol yeah, I get it  :P
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If things don't improve by the start of the season its time for us to go down to Bendigo St and protest

we talked about doing it a couple of years ago but now its gotta happen
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I agree, we will have to put up with the same channel scum garbage again. Staying up till the owls howl to watch some action.
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Early pressure is what is needed.

This week alone I have heard people ring 3AW 5 times to mention the poor coverage of League by GTV Nine.

Those in Sydney should do the same with 2GB and 2UE where the NRL would had the radio monitored on anything to do with them.

CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mikey wrote: If things don't improve by the start of the season its time for us to go down to Bendigo St and protest

we talked about doing it a couple of years ago but now its gotta happen
Agree with you, perhaps we can arrange a protest of some sort - great idea.
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Agreed. Channel Nine need to get their heads out of the sand and give Melbourne what it needs: more sports broadcasting diversity.

We claim to be the sporting capital of Australia, but look at the sporting coverage we have to show for it  :(
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Channel Nine want the next rights for the afl,  so I am sure their coverage of league into Melbourne won't change. :'( :'( :'(
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

When they launch their 2nd HD channel,I'm pretty sure all free to air channels are launching atleast one,I'd say more rugby will be shown there.I hope anyway!
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cronk7 wrote: When they launch their 2nd HD channel,I'm pretty sure all free to air channels are launching atleast one,I'd say more rugby will be shown there.I hope anyway!
Hey, I keep forgetting about that HD Channel!  But I still don't trust Ch.9.  I am also sure that I heard the ESL is going to be shown on their HD channel, so maybe that's all we will get.