Jamie Feeney Signs With Melbourne

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

Whoooooooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo
Second Bulldog signs with Storm
Written by: James Avery - Storm media release
27/07/2004 Views: 15

Bulldogs forward Jamie Feeney will join teammate Dennis Scott in Melbourne next year after signing a three-year deal with the Storm today.

Melbourne’s third signing in less than a week - Scott, along with Manly prop Ian Donnelly committed to the Storm last Friday – has further strengthened its forward stocks ahead of the 2005 season.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy sees 26-year-old Feeney as a well-rounded player that will compliment Melbourne’s list next season.

“Jamie is a talented player, he’s not a big forward but he’s quick, he’s got good leg speed and basically he’s got good skills, so he’s going to be a handy player for us,” Bellamy said.

“He’s been around for a while and I’ve seen him play quite a bit of footy, he’s a pretty impressive player.”

One of the NRL’s finest utilities, Feeney is a former Country Origin representative who has played over 100 first-grade matches since debuting for the Bulldogs in 1999.

“Obviously we’re losing a bit of experience here next year and like Dennis Scott, he’s a pretty experienced player,” Bellamy added.

“In the last 12 months or so he’s been on the bench so he’s keen to go to a club where he can get more time and while we can’t guarantee that to him, we’ll certainly give him that opportunity.”
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If Bellamy says he's ok then that's good enough for me :D
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

It'll be interesting to watch how both the boys perform in Round 24. Let's hope there's no bad blood during that game!
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Sock it to 'em! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You bloody ripper!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Feeney and Scott!! Kirk who????
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

why isn't this mentioned on the Storm's website? they've been fairly quick to put these signing stories up in the past
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hahahahaha... the Storm website I find to be extremely slow for updating info. LU often beats it, so too does nrl.com
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Gostorm
Squall
Squall

I am of the same opinion. To date Bellamy has shown that he knows what he is doing. So if he says we need to shore up the forward pack for next year that is fine. We seem to be blessed with an abundance of backs. But I still say we should sign up the mad pup. Or is it that Bellamy knows something we don't.
Matt King rules!!!!!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thats great news, Feeney will fit in beautifully here in Melbourne.
Hopefully Storm will sign up Dallas Johnson and Mcdoug's now.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

simo wrote:Hopefully Storm will sign up Dallas Johnson and Mcdoug's now.
Its says in todays paper that they are now the priority so hopefully we will here something soon.