Opposition team changes

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
OZRHINO
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Why dont the club read out the opposition team changes prior to the game.
I for one go through the programme and make all team changes.

I rang up the club a few weeks ago to ask them. The response was "Oh, we though that because most people are storm supporters, they wont be intersted in the other team"......

...with some of our fans, that may be true, but not for all of us.

Doesnt it say something about our club?? If we are to really take off in Melbourne, we need to have people who love the game and understand the needs of real footy fans running it, not people who are so blinkered that they come up with answers like that.

I thought it was a disgrace.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

OZRHINO wrote:Why dont the club read out the opposition team changes prior to the game.

Doesnt it say something about our club?? If we are to really take off in Melbourne, we need to have people who love the game and understand the needs of real footy fans running it, not people who are so blinkered that they come up with answers like that.
I've got to agree with you there. There seems to be some in the club admin that don't give a toss what goes on, its only a job to them. Like any sporting club the admin needs to be run by those as passionate as the people who support it and in most cases they are. Unfortunately its seems the only pre-requisite (sp??) Storm management look for when employing is a Uni degree. One real passionate employee they did have they shafted, some will know who that was.

In saying all that can we really complain when its News Ltd paying the bills? Its not like us supporters an keep the club financial and therefore so long as admin policies stay the same as they are now there is no hope of "real footy fans" running it.

Oh I should make mention, for the most part I do beleive there are a couple in Storms admin that do a great job and they know who i am talking about.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

CMIIW, I seem to remember the ground announcer reading both teams' lists in past seasons. This would be the first one they're not doing it.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
OZRHINO
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Cant recall them ever doing it. Maybe wrong

Either way - it should be done
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I didn't realise they'd stopped doing it. But then I've been doing the banner most home games this year. I often don't even hear them do the Storm players now.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

I agree that it should be done. Not just out of courtesy but us supporters want to know who we're facing against. Last weekend I kept looking for junior langi on the field only to find out after I got home that he pulled out at the last minute and Parra made several changes to the starting line up just prior to the game.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've got to agree with you there. There seems to be some in the club admin that don't give a toss what goes on, its only a job to them. Like any sporting club the admin needs to be run by those as passionate as the people who support it and in most cases they are. Unfortunately its seems the only pre-requisite (sp??) Storm management look for when employing is a Uni degree. One real passionate employee they did have they shafted, some will know who that was.

In saying all that can we really complain when its News Ltd paying the bills? Its not like us supporters an keep the club financial and therefore so long as admin policies stay the same as they are now there is no hope of "real footy fans" running it.

Oh I should make mention, for the most part I do beleive there are a couple in Storms admin that do a great job and they know who i am talking about.
Or in my case, I have completed my degree in Sports Admin and am also a very passionate Storm fan and member, but the club has no jobs going! I have written twice and rung them once. Please, Please get me a job at the Storm :!: :!:
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

steaming stormer wrote: Or in my case, I have completed my degree in Sports Admin and am also a very passionate Storm fan and member, but the club has no jobs going! I have written twice and rung them once. Please, Please get me a job at the Storm :!: :!:
Well looks like you might be one up on many of us having that degree. I know just having a degree doesn't gaurantee a job if they have positions available but the trick for you now is to know when a position is available so you can put in for it. Good luck!! :)