2009 Melbourne Storm Jersey thread *photos now up*

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Anyone know the inside goss on how the jersey would look next year? 
Is there a new design?
New kit supplier?
New sponsors?

The White Away jersey is only a season old, however I hope we do get a darker shade of Purple shorts. 
Those Pink hotpants looked fuggen embarassing  :oops:

I think the Home Jersey is now two seasons old, so it could be valid for a re-design.  I'd love to see a bit of gold come back on our jersey
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

I was reading on another forum that the NRL ask teams to change designs every X amount of years...not sure how true that is tho.

This years away jersey was the best we have had for a little while i really like it.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

It used to be you had to have the same jersey for at least two years (pending sponsors). Not sure if that's still the same since there is no standard amongst jerseys. The club indicated a while back that they wanted to keep the current home jersey for several years to maintain the branding.
juzthinkn
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Would be interesting to know if there would be any changes to the design or Reebok as a supplier, I'd hope not as i think it's the best home and away jersey on the market and yeah maybe a shade darker on the away shorts would help.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Will be interesting to see if Reebok stick around.

Heard they where a little peeved because of all the changes....new sponsor after the years production had been started.

Also heard the the Football Department weren't getting any favours from Reebok for the past few months due with Reebok saying it was costing them too much to keep re-doing things.

Not sure if any one else noticed the lack of 'milestone' items at the back end of the year that normally take place....heard it was partly due to the football department having to pay higher prices when they didn't have that money too.

Would think the away jersey would stay and maybe a slight change to the home jersey....maybe a collar again :)
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Rabble_1
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

There was a rumour that Storm had planned to release t-shirts for Boofa's farewell but Reebok was asking way too much to produce them.
If ants are such busy workers,
how come they find time to go to all the picnics?
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I would assume if there is going to be any change to the jerseys, then it will only be the change from Reebok's vortex logo to their current word mark... (assuming Reebok maintain their link with the club)

A change of collars would be nice though - something akin to an NFL style would look both unique to rugby league and rather fetching...

Breaking out the 1998 "heritage" replica every now and then is also good for merch sales and recognising the history of our club  :)
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can only dream and know it will never happen, but I like to see a long sleeve version released.

Hoping now the NRL are having a heritage round that it becomes the norm to bring out the old jersey. It works in all other codes.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Hoping now the NRL are having a heritage round that it becomes the norm to bring out the old jersey. It works in all other codes.
Yeah heritage round will be happening again in 2009. Round 10, vs Raiders @ OP...
Glad it's a home game this year  :)
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

The only concession to our 'heritage' it seems is to include some yellow (and I mean a modicum) in the jersey  :(    The original colours have all but disappeared - no idea why, or maybe I do - more money in getting fans to buy a new jersey every second year.  Nice to have cash for that  :lol:
That's why it would be great to have the collar back - alas, I doubt it will ever return, seems that t-shirts are the way of the future - how bleak  :?
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Eventually we'll go the way of SLE - with the suckers fans being slugged with a new home AND away top ever year.

I've stopped buying jerseys since they have become meaningless & expensive T shirts.
Wore the old MSSC polo all last season.It has a collar  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i actually dont like collars so im happy with the current set up.  :D

Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Super Cronk wrote: i actually dont like collars so im happy with the current set up.  :D
Yeah, but I'm not a big fan of flimsy t-shirts - we can agree to disagree  ;-)

The players like no collars cos it gives less to grab onto tho - I can understand, but prefer the 'professional' look  :P
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

I mean i agree about the price...it is a bit much for a t-shirt, which is basically what all the jerseys are turning into these days...the away one has much more of a t shirt feel to it then the home IMO.

Didgi
Squall
Squall

I'd also like to see more Gold on the Storm jerseys, maybe a lightning bolt travelling from the shoulder to the centre of the chest, and 'Melbourne STORM' Blazoned across the heart. Not sure about darker shorts.
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]