grapple and cam

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Does anyone think that with the whole grapple tackle issue and the fact that we are fingered as the main culprits and the inventors of the tackle that we may struggle to keep players at the club? ie: they are sick of the added treatment and criticism they get for their ackles just because they are Storm players? And more specifically, will Cam smith's suspension and the circus that followed, deter him or maybe have him second guessing if he wants to stay in Melbourne?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

You have to stop reading - watching - listening to Sydney media  ;-)

Any player deterred from coming to Melbourne because of a media beat up doesn't belong here anyhow.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

No well cam missed out on a Grand final due to the media beat up....would he have been suspended if he were  broncos or manly player?

Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

There has been a media push to de-stabilise Melbourne since inception & though the grapple mania has been gaining strength the last two years I think the blow up by Bellamy & Waldron  has exposed a few people with agendas.
I REALLY do hope that Williams continues his o so precious civil case,as peoples dirty laundry will finally get aired  ;-)
Until now the NRL gag has been applied  :evil:

And NO Cam wouldn't have been rubbed out if he was a Bronco or a Sydney team member,but that was not what cost us a premiership.The team just didn't turn up battle ready on the day  :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Where did i say that cams absence cost us the game? Totally agree that with or with out him it would have been the same outcome..all be it we might have scored a few points.

What im saying is does Cam sit back and say to himself "i have missed out on a GF because of the media beat up...if i was at broncos this wouldnt happen". Now i reckon Smith WILL stay...but surely it has to be in the back of his mind that hey being at the storm he is going to cop that unfair treatment.

Now obviously the grapple has been around for awhile now and it hasnt deterred some of the bigger names from staying but like i said above the crap that went down after the Broncos game has to play on cams mind...and im wondering if it could be, aswell as family and other reasons, a factor that causes him to leave.

CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yea issues like these will affect the ability to recruit and maintain players down here.

Remember how 4-5 years ago it was hard to recruit established player because they thought they would be over looked for Origin.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Didgi
Squall
Squall

CaptainKlutz wrote: Yea issues like these will affect the ability to recruit and maintain players down here.

Remember how 4-5 years ago it was hard to recruit established player because they thought they would be over looked for Origin.
And now half  the QLD side is Melb, plus White, Quinn, Turner for NSW. Anyone know exactly how many Stormboys in WC teams?
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

If I (as a player) had the option of going to say eels or dogs or STORM( a very successful club) I would definitely pick STORM.Any club that is successful is always scutinized more  than a mediocre team.All clubs do the grapple NOT just STORM.And out of 90 off field incidents in 10 years STORM only figure in 1. I am VERY PROUD of my team..
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

When is Cam going to tell us he is staying or leaving?!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brian Waldren said that i would be before christmas
Cam said maybe before christmas proberly after this was when I asked him when he came into the cafe I work at he seemed kinda happy someone like a storm fan asked him it was about 2 weeks ago now
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP