Presentation Ball 2008

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Rabble_1
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Having just arrived home I want to thank those on my table for an awesome night. Although I can't remember who won most of the awards I can remember Billy Slater got the Player of the Year award and Sam ended up winning the Michael Moore award, those that know Sam also know she thoroughly deserve this award so well done Sam.

Now one thing I have to say is how the lima lima lima duck do you end up running out of alcohol before the night has ended and even worse although this may not come as much of a shock to most but what is with saying there is no more goddamn Jim Beam and then coming out with a tray of it for those tossers in the corporate tables.
If ants are such busy workers,
how come they find time to go to all the picnics?
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

The highlight of the night for me was Harry Moore's speech - he's grown up so much!!  The only people in the room who still had a dry eye  :'( after that were stupid wankers who were quite possibly only there because their companies had tables and know absolutely nothing about the culture at Storm - ban them forever I say!! :x
Twas a pretty good night apart from the lack of foresight with the alcohol situation wasn't it?  To have only Cascade Light on limited offer by 11pm.......... :?

Oh well, I still had wonderful people around me to share the night and as usual had lots of fun afterwards - gotta love Michael Crocker doing his version of the bump upstairs in the 'special' area with some little guy who had no idea and threatend to kick his arse......can you guess who won the bump contest??  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Here's a list of the award winners:-

Player of the Year: Billy Slater
Members' Player of the Year: Billy Slater
Best Back: Cooper Cronk
Best Forward: Jeff Lima
Rookie of the Year: Aiden Tolman
Most Improved: Sika Manu
Life Membership inductee: Dallas Johnson
Michael Moore Trophy - Club Person of the Year: Sam Shaw

Under-20's Player of the Year: Louis Fanene
Under-20's Best Back: Luke Kelly
Under-20's Best Forward: Zeb Tawha
Under-20's Most Improved: Pulou Vaituutuu
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Stormboy and I had an absolute ball, thankyou Rabble 1!

I laughed, I sang, I danced with my crippled blistered feet- damn wearing my new purple stilettos and I too cried, correction bawled when Boofa again was given a fitting farewell- "there goes my hero"

Harry Moore did his mother and his late father proud, and I had the opportunity to tell him this at the end of the night.

I got so excited when I saw DJ heading my way that I jumped up from my seat and sent the ice bucket, including wine flying which some silly waiter had placed behind my seat! OOPS! I then was so embarrassed that I buried my head in Rose's shoulder, BUT DJ didn't miss it and laughed about it when I caught up with him later! :D

It was a fantastic night, even though like Rabble 1 and Tigger has earlier stated they ran out of alcohol, I was just starting to enjoy my JB's etc!

To top it all off, Tony Devers approached Stormboy and I at the end of the night and presented us with Matty Geyer's signed wine! That will never be opened and be placed amongst my very special memorabilia.

Again, we had a ball, it was so fantastic to catch up with so many of our Storm friends/family and the players! :D

Cheers
Bunnies and Stormboy ;-) ;-)
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Best hit: Sika Manu for that hit on Sims against the Broncos
Best try: Greg Inglis against the Broncos

Personally I thought there were better hits and tries but it terms of the result of the game the above were great.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i thought lima's hit in the panthers game was the best.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good night had by all, heard Waldron say more to 'catering staff' then the serve to the NRL due to them limiting the the JB when there was no need too.

Pre pre drinks were great, pre drinks were good to catch up, dinner nice, pre after party drinks fun, after party great, although heading East when the sun is coming up....not so good :)  :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Was great to see a current player be honoured the way DJ was. Stoked that Sam was recognised after being there since day one on so many things....banner, travel, family day volunteer etc etc.

Like a couple of others...not sure about the hit and try, but can understand.

Not sure why the hatred towards 'corporates' since there where no corporate packages this year but that for the individuals to worry about.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

SW, I myself said nothing about 'corporates'.  What I did say was that there seemed to be many people who didn't have much of an idea about 'respect' when awards were on or speeches being made and I concluded that those people 'possibly' had freebies from their companies or whatever.  I don't 'hate' I just prefer people to show a bit of decorum.  :?
Player Patrons and Supporters had some ball tix included in the packages - theres a few comps there, then you take into consideration the NRL, major sponsors, directors, ex-players & (some) ex-staff  ;-), current staff, families etc there are a large number of comped tickets to the ball every year.  The club has to cover all those costs.  That's why we 'general' public get invited - gotta recoup cash somewhere   :lol:

As I said, the night was pretty good all up, the grog situation to whinge about but then it wouldn't be a Storm Ball without some niggling stuff  ;-)

I was married to a pom once - I am allowed the right to whinge   ;D
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote: Tigger never said you said anything about corporates but I have to say that it gets a little boring when corporates or companies are an easy target.
Tigger wrote: The only people in the room who still had a dry eye  :'( after that were stupid wankers who were quite possibly only there because their companies had tables and know absolutely nothing about the culture at Storm - ban them forever I say!! :x
A lot of tables around us couldn't shut up during many of the speeches and most of these people sit in the Eastern Stand that I could see and it happens every year and like you get sick of it. My point is that if they are supporting the club (or their companies) we should be happy and thankful, after all, many of these same people have helped out supporters in many ways in the past and future and it's not a companies fault that individual invited is a pratt.

Like many others I will be using the Storm Ball for our organisation to thank those supporting our organisation and hopefully get them interested and supporting our club, just like many others do.

All the comped tickets are always included and covered in sponsorship costing unless Storm is the only organisation not too included it.......The US vs THEM class warfare is just very sad I think especially for a great club with loyal supporters and company supporters like ours.

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Again I say, it's not the 'corporates' per se I have the problem with, it's ANYONE who acts like a dick when speeches or presentations are on.
I did talk to a few people on the night who had freebies because of the company or friends etc, these are the ones I meant, most had really no idea about us, just a free night out on the piss.
And yes, some supporters should bloody know better - I don't care how much you pay (or don't pay), get a bit of respect into you!!!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

* Shrugs shoulders * Like many fans/supporters I couldn't afford to go  ;-) so I'm glad those that could,(or got freebies  ;-) ) had a good night & I'm grateful for the info about the various players / fans awarded & honoured  =D>
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
cronk_lover
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Could anoyone there tell me about this Eli Censor person Cooper Cronk was with. There was a picture of them two of them together in the Sunday Herald Sun today, and all it says is "Looking Good"and i need more information! How close were the two at the night? If anyone could tell me anything i would really appreciate it! :D
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger, not saying you had a go at the corporates and AGREE WITH YOU... re acting like a dick during speeches...it is called respect and unfortunately their is little of it today

cronk_lover wrote: Could anoyone there tell me about this Eli Censor person Cooper Cronk was with. There was a picture of them two of them together in the Sunday Herald Sun today, and all it says is "Looking Good"and i need more information! How close were the two at the night? If anyone could tell me anything i would really appreciate it! :D
CL, would say the man is off the market, had one very upset girl on the table next to ours when she was heard that.

Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

cronk_lover wrote: Could anoyone there tell me about this Eli Censor person Cooper Cronk was with. There was a picture of them two of them together in the Sunday Herald Sun today, and all it says is "Looking Good"and i need more information! How close were the two at the night? If anyone could tell me anything i would really appreciate it! :D
CL, would say the man is off the market, had one very upset girl on the table next to ours when she was heard that.
[/quote]

And before SuperCronk asks me,no it wasnt me lol
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
cronk_lover
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

what does CL mean?
and why would he be going off at you Cronk7 im SO CONFUSED!
So did it look like they were dating? or were going to be?
upset girl you think!
im devistated! :sad5: :sad5: