Stormers that Made the Test squad.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm players to make the Kangaroo squad:
Michael Crocker (Melbourne), Israel Folau (Melbourne), Greg Inglis (Melbourne),  Billy Slater (Melbourne), Cameron Smith (Melbourne),
Storm players to make the Kiwi squad:
Adam Blair (Melbourne), Jeff Lima (Melbourne), Sika Manu (Melbourne), Jeremy Smith (Melbourne)

Full Kangaroos squad here:
Terry Campese (Canberra), Petero Civoniceva (Penrith), Michael Crocker (Melbourne), Craig Fitzgibbon (Sydney Roosters), Israel Folau (Melbourne), Paul Gallen (Cronulla), Kurt Gidley (Newcastle), Justin Hodges (Brisbane), Greg Inglis (Melbourne), Brent Kite (Manly), Anthony Laffranchi (Gold Coast), Darren Lockyer (capt, Brisbane), Joel Mongahan (Canberra), Josh Perry (Manly), Steve Price (Warriors), Scott Prince (Gold Coast), Billy Slater (Melbourne), Cameron Smith (Melbourne), Brett Stewart (Manly), Glenn Stewart (Manly), Brent Tate (Warriors), Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland), Anthony Watmough (Manly), David Williams (Manly).
ABC wrote:Australian selectors have named seven Test debutants in a 24-man squad for this year's rugby league World Cup, including four from the premiership-winning Manly side.

Forwards Josh Perry, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart and winger David Williams from the Sea Eagles have all been included for the first time joining team-mates Brent Kite and Brett Stewart in a Manly dominated squad.

But Dally M Player of the Year Matt Orford and fellow grand final half-back Cooper Cronk have been overlooked with Scott Prince named behind Johnathan Thurston for the number seven.

Cam Smith relinquishes the captaincy to Darren Lockyer, one of only two Broncos players in the squad along with Justin Hodges.

The other debutants are Canberra's Joel Monaghan and Terry Campese and Gold Coast workhorse Anthony Laffranchi.

Storm enforcer Michael Crocker, who will play for UK Super League side Hull from next season, has been included despite coach Ricky Stuart saying he would not pick players who were leaving the NRL.

Craig Fitzgibbon returns to the Test arena after a momentous season for both the Roosters and New South Wales.

New Zealand has also announced its World Cup squad with 21-year-old Storm forward Sika Manu the only debutant included in the 24.

Injured pair Brent Webb, who missed Leeds Rhinos' UK Super League grand final win last weekend with a back problem, and Steve Matai, who injured his shoulder in Manly's premiership win, were also named.

Nathan Cayless has been reinstated as captain with Roy Asotasi out injured.

Asotasi joins Frank Pritchard on the sidelines while Ben Roberts, Jason Nightingale and Sonny Bill Williams have been omitted from the squad that played Australia in the Centenary Test.

Kangaroos squad:

Terry Campese (Canberra), Petero Civoniceva (Penrith), Michael Crocker (Melbourne), Craig Fitzgibbon (Sydney Roosters), Israel Folau (Melbourne), Paul Gallen (Cronulla), Kurt Gidley (Newcastle), Justin Hodges (Brisbane), Greg Inglis (Melbourne), Brent Kite (Manly), Anthony Laffranchi (Gold Coast), Darren Lockyer (capt, Brisbane), Joel Mongahan (Canberra), Josh Perry (Manly), Steve Price (Warriors), Scott Prince (Gold Coast), Billy Slater (Melbourne), Cameron Smith (Melbourne), Brett Stewart (Manly), Glenn Stewart (Manly), Brent Tate (Warriors), Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland), Anthony Watmough (Manly), David Williams (Manly).

New Zealand squad:

Nathan Cayless (Parramatta, captain), Adam Blair (Melbourne), Greg Eastwood (Brisbane), David Fa'alogo (South Sydney), Nathan Fien (New Zealand Warriors), Dene Halatau (Wests Tigers), Lance Hohaia (NZ Warriors), Krisnan Inu (Parramatta), David Kidwell (South Sydney), Thomas Leuluai (Wigan), Jeff Lima (Melbourne), Issac Luke (South Sydney), Simon Mannering (NZ Warriors), Sika Manu (Melbourne), Benji Marshall (Wests Tigers), Steve Matai (Manly), Sam Perrett (Sydney Roosters), Sam Rapira (NZ Warriors), Jerome Ropati (NZ Warriors), Setaimata Sa (Sydney Roosters), Jeremy Smith (Melbourne), Iosia Soliola (Sydney Roosters), Manu Vatuvei (NZ Warriors), Brent Webb (Leeds).
Last edited by CaptainKlutz on Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow... no Dallas! :shock2:
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

awesome stuff!

good on all the boys, Aussie and Kiwi. I really hope Lima rips it up this year...his last test wasnt so great and only played a few games IIRC? Will be good to see how Sika goes at that level too.

Congrats boys!!!
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Dallas really deserves to be in the squad!! I'd rather see Prince as halfback than Orford. Congrats to the boys that made the squads.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

after the game one of the blokes on the radio mentioned that dallas might not get picked because they dont think he is 100% fit, i think basing selections on assumptions is just stupid.
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

intresting to note Lockyer is captain not cam.

I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well Lockyer was always captain, but since he was out injured Cam was captain. I don't think they would take it off him.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Super Cronk wrote: intresting to note Lockyer is captain not cam.
was always gonna be the case.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Someone mentioned this this morning I think on SEN - who would you rather have as captain? A bloke who put a barman in a headlock and can't remember doing it, or a bloke who put an illegal tackle on a player on the field?
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

I love Cooper wrote: Well Lockyer was always captain, but since he was out injured Cam was captain. I don't think they would take it off him.
oh i know that...i thought Locky had stepped down as captain.... ???

Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Other Stormers named in RLWC squads:

Brett White - Ireland (depending on outcome of fitness test)
Antonio Kaufusi - Tonga

Former Stormers:

Semi Tadulala - Fiji
Smith Samau - Samoa
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sinbad is selected for tonga and i think kaufusi is too IIRC
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
thunder
Squall
Squall

Honestly, I'd rather none of our players got picked!
Coops should not lose his spot especially to that choker Orford - he's one lost puppy!

International League is a joke anyway - origin means more!!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote: sinbad is selected for tonga and i think kaufusi is too IIRC
Nope, Sinbad didn't make the final 24 man squad.

http://www.rlwc08.com/news/news/archive ... sides.aspx
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

actually looking forward to the world cup. Im planning to get along to a few games aswell...and cheer on the storm boys  :D