Crowd booing Smith?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Was it just me or when it crossed to Smith sitting on the bench a loud boo went across ANZ stadium?

What more you do expect from the Sydney public though?
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
peter
Squall
Squall

Ask Buzz, he seems to know much about these things.................

Melbourne Storm chief executive Brian Waldron has launched an attack on the people of Sydney after suspended captain Cameron Smith was booed by fans at yesterday’s NRL grand final.

Smith – was banned for two weeks for a grapple tackle, ruling him out of Melbourne’s 40-0 loss to Manly yesterday – was subjected to boos from the crowd when his face was shown on ANZ Stadium’s big screen.

Waldron, who along with coach Craig Bellamy is facing legal action over comments made against the NRL judiciary after Smith was suspended, described the crowd’s actions as “a disgrace”.

“When Cameron Smith’s face came up on the screen last night, 80,000 people… 60,000 people booed him,” Waldron told SEN radio.

“I think if any insults are to be thrown, they should be thrown they should be thrown at the people of Sydney, because that was an absolute disgrace.

“To do that do a player that’s the Australian captain, whether it’s in jest, whether they’re full of drink, I don’t know what it is.

“I was disgusted in the crowd last night to do that to the Australian captain and they need to be told – I think (NRL boss) David Gallop should come out and make a statement about what a disgrace it is to treat the Australian captain like that.”
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i think Waldron has over-acted here.  i mean i was expecting it...and i would have done the same if it was a manly fan  :lol:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Cartman_86
Squall
Squall

Waldron had a huge go about that this morning on KB's show on SEN. he said something along the lines of that it's disgraceful that the Aus captain was booed and that the NRL should come out and say how bad that was for the game.

Yeah right, like Gallop is gonna do that!! We all know that he doesn't have a spine. If Cam isn't picked in the Aus squad for the World Cup, i reckon Sticky will get another call from Bellyache and it wont be about the weather i'll tell ya now!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good enough for the King good enough for Cam. You got to be good to get booed. Let it go Brian.
peter
Squall
Squall

Super Cronk wrote: i think Waldron has over-acted here.  i mean i was expecting it...and i would have done the same if it was a manly fan  :lol:
Finally, one of you is thinking without the rose coloured glasses.

How much of  the GF loss can be attributed to Waldron not apologising and allowing the additional pressure in the form of a potential defamation action to be placed on Bellamy in the week preceding the GF?
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Super Cronk wrote: i think Waldron has over-acted here.  i mean i was expecting it...and i would have done the same if it was a manly fan  :lol:
Agree,Waldron would have been best to shut up on this one
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Waldrons comments were a little tongue in cheek for one and was aimed at doing at what he does best....keep us in the media's and in turn the publics eye.

Manly supporters are the sorest winners I have come across, not only did a some of there MALE supporters think it was a good idea to punch Storm women that also booed the Storm when getting their grand finalist medals.
Now I KNOW that never happen in 2007.

I did take a little offence at Cam saying at the after party that 'there were 80,000 at the stadium and 79,000 booed him......really Cameron, funny I thought we had at least 6,000 supporters there last night going from the flags and people in purple at the stadium
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

These same idiots will be cheering him a few weeks when he captains Australia.  ???
peter
Squall
Squall

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Waldrons comments were a little tongue in cheek
At best they were naive, at worst they showed his complete lack of understanding of the Rugby League culture
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Why has this thread turned into Waldron bashing?

We all know this guy is a tosser, this has been a known fact around the League community for years now.

This is about Cameron Smith one of the players least deserving of being booed by 60K+ bogans. I don't know any Broncos fans up here that even care about that tackle or suspension anymore and you think they would have a reason to hate him if anyone.

As for Cam's comments about 79,000 booing him....you got to admit watching it on tv it was spot the Storm fans in the crowd.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

peter wrote:
Finally, one of you is thinking without the rose coloured glasses.

How much of  the GF loss can be attributed to Waldron not apologising and allowing the additional pressure in the form of a potential defamation action to be placed on Bellamy in the week preceding the GF?
Had no affect on the result,why should Waldron & Bellamy apologise to those crooks?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Andy wrote: These same idiots will be cheering him a few weeks when he captains Australia.   ???
True, at least we are consistent, we boo the likes of Mason no matter what colour jersey he is wearing.  :lol:
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i dont no why they boo willie, hes a character, good for the game i recon  ;-)
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
jugulator
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Did the mean sydney crowd hurt your feelings AWWWW. Wally lewis was booed everytime but everyone acknowledged he was a great player-Shows just how out of touch this ex Afl chief is - Make an issue out of a crowd booing i still cant believe it -Waldron ,you are a muppet