Big Izz a true legend

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

by far the best on ground for us and will be truely missed by the club.

No hate against him leaving to go home and be with family he has given everything in the two years, leave with your head held high! 

This pic tops it off, he even stated before the game it was going to be one of the hardest things leaving this club

[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sure about the best on ground IMO but I do wish him all the best,.....legend? in only his second season? can we give him a few more years before he gets to that level.

I think the words Legends and Champions are thrown around to quick to todays sports people.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i really felt for izzy seeing him just break down after the game.

he tried his best and thats all we could as for, he was lima lima lima duck robbed though, 2 times in a row he was illegally blocked trying to get on of his kicks

all the best for him in the future.

best on ground for us no doubt. no one else really stood out all that much
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Having yet to see the replay I thought he was our best also.

A s long as he keeps working hard and  doesn't let the media let him believe he is better than he is he will be a Legend for sure.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Not sure about the best on ground IMO but I do wish him all the best,.....legend? in only his second season? can we give him a few more years before he gets to that level.

I think the words Legends and Champions are thrown around to quick to todays sports people.
Name one player that was better for us then Izzy yesterday? the kid did just about everything possible to get us on some sort of roll yesterday and yeah like someone above said i counted two times in the game where he was clearly checked running through for one of them kicks. Can't believe people think its too much of a advantage putting bombs into the corners these days, its not very often anymore you can even challenge the ball without being stopped by a defender.

He's got all the makings of a player that if is not destroyed by injury will go down as one of the greats. He's what? 20 next year? look what he has already done. He is also going to another very good team to grow even more. I dunno how we will be shutting him down when we play Brisbane next year  ???
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Izzy played well, Zappa was awesome and slater was good in parts.

It was very sad to watch Izzy break down...he has obviously become good mates with the boys and is shattered to leave. He has done great for us, altho is not a legend of the club and certainly had his flaws.

I really hope he goes well at the broncos...he is a really nice guy and a good player with a ton of skill and potential.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm convinced that Izzy is not really keen to leave & I hope after 2 years at the Broncos he may use his get out clause & return to the Storm.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: i really felt for izzy seeing him just break down after the game.

he tried his best and thats all we could as for, he was *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ig robbed though, 2 times in a row he was illegally blocked trying to get on of his kicks

Thing is its been happening for over half the season but yet we continued to put the high ball up rather then try to sustain pressure or run the god damn thing. As good as Issy is, him going means we wont be doing that so much.......I hope.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullets wrote:
Stormwarning[c] wrote: Not sure about the best on ground IMO but I do wish him all the best,.....legend? in only his second season? can we give him a few more years before he gets to that level.

Name one player that was better for us then Izzy yesterday? the kid did just about everything possible to get us on some sort of roll yesterday and yeah like someone above said i counted two times in the game where he was clearly checked running through for one of them kicks. Can't believe people think its too much of a advantage putting bombs into the corners these days, its not very often anymore you can even challenge the ball without being stopped by a defender.

He's got all the makings of a player that if is not destroyed by injury will go down as one of the greats. He's what? 20 next year? look what he has already done. He is also going to another very good team to grow even more. I dunno how we will be shutting him down when we play Brisbane next year  ???
He's now 6"6", probaly will get to 6"7-8" and 110 kg+. He'll be in the back-row by 2010. Teams with an offseason to work on things will really target him in the centers.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Noa Nandruku wrote:
nacho wrote: i really felt for izzy seeing him just break down after the game.

he tried his best and thats all we could as for, he was *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ig robbed though, 2 times in a row he was illegally blocked trying to get on of his kicks

Thing is its been happening for over half the season but yet we continued to put the high ball up rather then try to sustain pressure or run the god damn thing. As good as Issy is, him going means we wont be doing that so much.......I hope.
totally agree. Everytime we got stuck this year we resorted to putting up bombs to izzy.  Thats why i hope we have more plays etc being run next year with a regular 5/8 rather then just hoisting up kicks.

Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Now this is only my opinion and I'm not disagreeing with others view (although I think the legend title gets thrown around to quickly) and I haven't watched any replay but I thought Slater played well with little to no support, Geyer was outstanding in defence and did more than any forward but no one put in more for the whole game than Cronk. I thought he tried to lift the team for 80 minutes, was targeted for 80 minutes, had little support for 65 minutes and even when it looked over was still trying until the last minute.

For what it is worth, I would have liked to have seen GI move out to centre/wing instead of full back in the 2nd half (unless he had an injury), Geyer to stand off, would have liked to have seen more grubbers than high balls as I think everyone expects us to do high balls and not grubbers (the sharks game proved that) and are getting away with shepherding our runners out of the contest (for the past 9 weeks at least) and kick off at 7.00pm
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

What about boof chasing down robertson (??) towards the end of the game Robertson is a speedster and Boofa mowed him down. That was awesome.

All the boys tried ...they were just not in it mentally or physically, for some reason.

Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I thought Izzy was great yesterday,

I was there live, the game was a blur , and I'm not watching it again,

But, If he was'nt our best, he was up there in the top 3 or 4..
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nandruku wrote:
Bullets wrote:

He's now 6"6", probaly will get to 6"7-8" and 110 kg+. He'll be in the back-row by 2010. Teams with an offseason to work on things will really target him in the centers.
I've heard this about him moving into the back row in the furture. Whats with this everytime you see a big wing/center these days they MUST move into the forwards later in there career. Looks at Manu Vatuvei, is just a beast and the best winger in the game when at his best....would you move him into the forwards to be less effective?

Izzy is a beast that is good enough to play on the wing and in the centers why waste him in the forwards when he has the skill to dominate out wide. He's young, they all struggle with defence he will get better.

Trust me i don't think the Broncos threw a fair bit of $$ at him to get the hards yards up the middle. 
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Manus alot quicker then Issy, plus by the time he's finished growing he'll be 3-4 inches taller then Manu. Lack of agility will really find you out in the centers, the hardest position on the field when it comes to defence.