Misi Taulapapa's hit on Qunny

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bruce
Squall
Squall

Im sorry I've only been watching Rugby for about a year

I was under the impression that punches to the head are generally against the rules, correct me if I'm wrong :?

Will that grub Missy be suspended??
visualise-this
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It didn't really connect, if it landed him on the chin and knocked him out then he would been sent off. Theres way too many topics on the Sharks game, when theres already an official topic.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bruce wrote: Im sorry I've only been watching Rugby for about a year

I was under the impression that punches to the head are generally against the rules, correct me if I'm wrong :?

they are but misi got off on a technicality, the player that he hit was wearing a melbourne storm jumper which gives offenders immunity from prosecution.
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
stormin_kes
Squall
Squall

good one nacho  :lol:  :lol:    :lol:
It's just a Storm in a tea-cup.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

yes its illegal. but at finals time things like that are usually let go (depending on the jersey you wear).

It was as soft a punch ive ever seen....quinny must have thought a bee stung him because he barely flinched.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
totally_fresh
Squall
Squall

Both players deserved 10 in the bin. Quinn for his late and totally unnecessary hit on Misi, and Misi for throwing a punch.
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

totally_fresh wrote: Both players deserved 10 in the bin. Quinn for his late and totally unnecessary hit on Misi, and Misi for throwing a punch.
Quin wouldn't have known it was grounded. There wasn't a whistle.. he would have only have seconds to decide whether to tackle or not.. gotta give him the benefit of the doubt.

He'd look pretty stupid if he just stood there and let Misi run out of the in-goal. Ref's have been known to miss knock on's etc.. who says they couldn't have missed this one? Gotta play to the whistle.
totally_fresh
Squall
Squall

Yeah, I thought that at the time (that he wouldn't have known Misi had grounded it). Not sure if there is a whistle or not, it seemed fairly obvious that he'd grounded it...but I was at the ground so couldn't tell if there was a whistle or not. Either way, it look fairly shifty. I'll give Quinn the BOD on this one as well.
Kaufusis Clan
Squall
Squall

Only if you wear a purple players top.
Kaufus Kaufus Kaufus is on the bike. HEY KAUFUS GIVE US A WAVE ! YEAHHHHHHHHHH
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cam smith gets 2 weeks for a tackle which could have been dangerous,

It technically, could have damaged his neck, but did'nt,

Misi gets nothing at  all for attacking an opponents head with a punch, that technically could have been dangerous,if he could throw them properly he could have broken his jaw,but he did'nt , but there was intent,

Now take us back to Brett White who was also acting in retalliation against the Sharks, earlier in the year, what happened to him when he threw a punch.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Didgi
Squall
Squall

nacho wrote:

they are but misi got off on a technicality, the player that he hit was wearing a melbourne storm jumper which gives offenders immunity from prosecution.
Well thats just the thing, we need to play extemely clean in the Grand Final or the ref will just stack 'em up against us. :x
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sanity prevails.  According to leaguehq.com, Misi got hit with a Grade 1 striking charge for his hit on Quinn.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

So Misi gets a week to be served in an otherwise inconsequential round 1 match in 2009 for trying to king hit a guy.
Cameron Smith gets two weeks, misses a prelim and GF which is the equivalent of a whole lifetime's work for some, for what he did?
2012 premiers. Legit.
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

tugga wrote: So Misi gets a week to be served in an otherwise inconsequential round 1 match in 2009 for trying to king hit a guy.
Cameron Smith gets two weeks, misses a prelim and GF which is the equivalent of a whole lifetime's work for some, for what he did?
Not even a round 1 match. He'll just miss a trail :(
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I honestly hope that we as Storm/Rugby league supporters we don't start screaming for every minor indiscretion to be suspended.

Quinn got there a bit late. Misi reatcted. Archer should of given a penalty to the Storm. He didn't and thats where it should of ended with Finch telling Archer that that should of been a penalty in the game debrief.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?