Games on channel 9

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Seems that we'll be getting 3, YES THREE games on FTA in the next 5 weeks.

First up,

v Rosters, Rd 21 Sunday August 1
This will make it more compelling for the bring-a-friend-day idea to fill up the eastern stand.

v Dragons, Rd 22 Friday, August 6
Our next friday night game but it's away. Always a good match though.

v Dogs, Rd 24 Sunday, August 20
Yet another chance to fill up the eastern stand and see the boys break the 4 year hoodoo.

I got those dates from the LU board but I just checked Buzz's fixtures list here and it says we have the remaining 2 games on Friday night, the sharks and eagles games, both away. Are those for real or tentative?
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Buzz has said before that he puts all games for a yet to be confirmed round as the friday.

The NRL usually announces the times for each round on either Monday or Tuesday five weeks in advance.

Given how crap the Sharks and Eagles are those games will not be Friday nighters.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I haven't seen anything on the Round 24 clash yet, datewise anyways. I usually start seeing reports on that info later this evening.

If you click the Storm Fixture, you'll see all our games. The one's with times are confirmed dates / times. The one's only saying Friday are yet to be confirmed.
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The NRL updated Round 24 yesterday morning.

Round 24
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Updated - thanks for the headsup!
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

:wink:
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hate Sunday games, I have to bloody work!!! Looks like I will have to be trying to make some roster changes. I already changed the Roosters game, but not sure how I'll go for the Bulldogs game
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I wonder how much the Channel Nein commentators will crap on about Storm's "poor" crowds after the Bulldogs only got 7,282 and Tigers got 5,648?
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And don't forget the Eels 7,000 crowd. Andf both those Dogs and Eels games were on FTA TV
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote:I wonder how much the Channel Nein commentators will crap on about Storm's "poor" crowds after the Bulldogs only got 7,282 and Tigers got 5,648?
Quite easy - They'll say we don't 'draw' at or away from home. You must remember, we don't bring anything to the game. :roll:
*Champagne football*
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

We do bring something to the game - an easy win for the home team! ;)
clock off
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Those "Free to Air" games will probably be shown after midnight in Victoria. In fact, if channel 9 has any other sporting commitments, those games might not be shown until 5am the next morning. The only exposure is to the converted, insomniacs, and some shift workers. My heart sinks when I hear there are Free to Air games involving the Storm because that means they will also be on a big delay on pay TV as well. The NRL really needs to sort out TV rights in Victoria. Every time the Storm actually gets a big game, say a final, it goes on delay both on Free to air & pay TV. If there is a real commitment to the NRL to promoting the game in Victoria, something must be done about the TV rights because the current situation is just silly.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Fampa wrote:
Surandy wrote:I wonder how much the Channel Nein commentators will crap on about Storm's "poor" crowds after the Bulldogs only got 7,282 and Tigers got 5,648?
Quite easy - They'll say we don't 'draw' at or away from home. You must remember, we don't bring anything to the game. :roll:
For the Friday night game against the Panthers we were very loud, at points you couldn't hear the commentators and they even struggled to hear each other.

What we need to do for the Sunday home matches is be even louder so no-one can hear the commentators at all!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: