Storm vs Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
thunder
Squall
Squall

It's going to be tough, I can assure you that!
If we win, it will only be by a few but I think we are goners!
Too much has happened and we have been crucified. Can we recover? who knows but my heart tells me we can win but my head tells me otherwise.
The NRL simply want an all Sydney final - Flakes v Sea Vultures
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

trytry12345 wrote: Has anyone else got the sick feeling in their stomach that we are going to get beaten tomorrow night. I know I have.
nope  ;D
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

My confidence has increased as the week progressed. Particularly knowing the siege mentality works (ask Collingwood - they use it every other week!). I know we're not a one-man team (nor a three-man team). And I know the bookies are generally right - and we're still odds on favourite for tomorrow night, and only slightly off for the premiership still. But after the Warriors beat Manly Saturday night, it'll be between us and them, and the Warriors won't take us three times in one season!
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

trytry12345 wrote: Has anyone else got the sick feeling in their stomach that we are going to get beaten tomorrow night. I know I have.
No, I don't.  I had odd feelings prior to the Knights, Warriors and Broncos games.  My co-workers can attest that I said two weeks before the Knights game that "if there is a team that will beat us this season, it'll be the Knights" - and they did.  I respect the Warriors when they play Melbourne, and as for playing Brisbane in Brisbane when they had their own siege mentality going over the sexual abuse scandal and the Lockyer publican tackle scandal, that was going to be tough.  And it was.

This time, I feel none of those jitters.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just watching the footy show and Ricky Stuart looks very nervous...................I hope its a sign
trytry12345
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

The only thing I can hang my hat on is the "chokers" tag that haunts Cronulla and their poor record at the SFS(not that our's is much better!!)

Apart from that I believe we have been purposely ground into submission from the NRL, Media and League fans alike.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Don't know if this has been posted, but this appears to be the team for tommorow night:

Billy Slater, Steve Turner, Matt Geyer, Israel Folau, Anthony Quinn, Greg Inglis, Cooper Cronk (c); Jeff Lima, Russell Aitken, Brett White, Michael Crocker, Sika Manu, Dallas Johnson.

Bench: Aiden Tolman, Adam Blair, Scott Anderson, Antonio Kaufusi.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2995/mattgeyer0xw.jpg[/img][/url]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I am moderately confident, definitely more confident than I was going into the Warriors and the Broncos games. I think the weight of pressure would have been growing on the Sharks players, especially with them not having made it this far in quite a while. I also think that Bellamy would have been preparing the guys for playing without Cam, whereas the Sharks would have struggled in their preparation with having little idea on who Bellamy would bring in for Cam (shit, even us supporters couldn't decide amongst ourselves).

Like with Buzz, as the clamour and outcry from Sydney has increased so has my confidence. If Storm can score first I think there's great chance for the Sharks to panic and blow their chances, whereas if Sharks score first Storm have shown they have the composure and desire to fight back.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

the thing that worries me most is our attack,

It has been a liitle predictable and pedistrian in recent times,

And cant see the loss of Cam helping matters there,and giving credit where it is due, the Sharks have a very good defence,

I think alot will come down to Bellamy, how he rejigs the attack,

If he can introduce an element of surprise,

Alot of responsibility now on Coopers shoulders to steer us around the park,

He has a great temprement, the pressure wont get to him ,

And GI, well , its really time for him to emerge, he has been quiet, too quiet, we need him now more than ever.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
bruce
Squall
Squall

I don't have a whole lot to say except:

GO STORM!!!!! :)
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

taga and brett anderson have travelled up to sydney with the rest of the boys, wouldnt be surprised if taga was put in as emergency
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

bruce wrote: I don't have a whole lot to say except:

GO STORM!!!!! :)
Thats all that need be said ;-) :)
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Our record with Aitken is 1 win 6 losses  :(

But i think the final makeup of the team could be anything at the moment.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullets wrote: Our record with Aitken is 1 win 6 losses  :(

But i think the final makeup of the team could be anything at the moment.

no time to look back at the past mate, the moment is today.

just have faith, ull see  ;-)
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Anyone got any banners/signs made up for tonight? There are probably so many play on words with the word "grapple"  that could be done or signs made up criticising Ch9/NRL.

I know its a time for celebration but a few signs like the following could send a signal to Gallop other NRL teams etc..
"NSW, Grappling with jealousy since '99"
Wanted: Channel Nine

Crime: Murdering NRL coverage in Melbourne
I'm sure there are many more... anyway, anyone going tonight (probably already having pre-match drinks as I type) have a great time. It'd be one of the greatest wins in our history if we were to pull it off. That of course would be eclipsed by a 2008 premiership next week, one can only hope.

Go Storm!  ;D