Storm vs Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hoffy is doubtful for this game, redone the same injury that has kept him out the other week.
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yeah, he was rushed back a bit early IMO, and it seems like it just isnt healed yet.

As was being discussed in the other thread i think cam will be out. There are a few options for his replacement, Aitken IMO will most likely come in. If hoffy is out aswell, then you would expect jezza to stay in the starting line up with Tolman or anderson coming onto the bench.

This game will be tough, but the sharks dont have a lot in attack...so i dont think we should be worrying too much there. Im confident we can win...but it will be hard without Cam, but mainly for the reason Aitken could replace him.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

they are saying Cam gone for two matches, that would realy stuff us, even if we get over Sharks

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 49,00.html
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Best chance is to contest the charge (assuming it eventuates) and get it downgraded.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Kaufusis Clan
Squall
Squall

We might be in a bit of bother injury and suspension wise
Kaufus Kaufus Kaufus is on the bike. HEY KAUFUS GIVE US A WAVE ! YEAHHHHHHHHHH
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Kaufusis Clan wrote: We might be in a bit of bother injury and suspension wise
We've been in a bit of bother injury wise for some weeks now, especially with our substantial lack of depth.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

just looked on ticketek and the storm supporter bays are 36,37,38,39,40,41.  Not sure we are going to have enough fans to fill all those.  It would be great to see us all in 1 or 2 bays though.  Any thoughts..??
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

i like hoffman but he has not be in the best form this season, not the biggest loss we could have had.

I think Crocker is fine in regards to the high tackle, just a regulation smack on the chin
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
visualise-this
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think we're still going to beat the sharks without Smith, they've got no attack and aslong as we don't have a 5-10 minute slip up like we did last time we played them then we should be fine, cause they didn't even look like scoring after that period when we played them in round 2-3.

Just can't give away penalties which we still done quite a bit last night. If we can make a comeback being one player down, then we can beat the sharks without smith ;)
Cartman_86
Squall
Squall

Aitken can play as dummy-half, he ain't no Cam Smith, but he can do the job. In saying that, Storm will vigorously defend Cam and...you never know, Billy got one week for his little indiscretion. So u never ever know. 
samo
Squall
Squall

scott anderson warmed up as 18th man sat nite, so i would imagine he is in front of tolman to replace hoffman.

also they may put geyer into hooker, inglis to the centre's and aitken to five eight, just a thought

samo
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Anderson will replace hoffman I would think,

Tolman is the better long term prospect, but Anderson is physically  more mature and better suited for a tough foward exchange right now,

losing Cam will be a big blow, I would play Aitken at dummyhalf, so the rest of the side stays settled,

but they may go for the Geyer option

Gee our depth is being tested, in pervious seasons we had Aubussun and Friend as reserve hookers , think last year at the Gf we had Crossman and Blair as fowards who could'nt get a game.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

if cam gets 2 weeks might as well appeal all the way and spend the $$ on thethe defence i am sure you could show heaps of equally bad tackles not to be punished
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Is anyone else getting tired of hitting reload on the Ticketek website waiting for 9am?

Edit: Tix purchased - Bay 40, Row EE, Seats 1-3.  Can't wait!
Last edited by mrpc on Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I got great tickets at 9:15 pretty much could pick my seat.  I love allocated bays! Got a great deal on a room in Sydney from the Channel 9 show holidays for sale, now just need to get decide if driving straight through on Friday!
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in