Matt Orford

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

What happened? The last three games Matt Orford's goal kicking has been phenomenal.

He has missed one goal in the last three games. 11 from 12 (I think) against Penrith, then 3 from 3 against the Bulldogs and then 3 from 3 against the Tigers.

I asked Susie about it during the game against the Tigers but she didn't know what he's been up to other than just regular training, which does include goal kicking.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I had a feeling it was more to do with him now realising that he has less than 12 months to make himself the absolute hottest prospect on the open market come June 30 2005.

But maybe that's just the cynic in me. I mean, who really would want to become a 1 yr per contract player?
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Buzz wrote:I had a feeling it was more to do with him now realising that he has less than 12 months to make himself the absolute hottest prospect on the open market come June 30 2005.

But maybe that's just the cynic in me. I mean, who really would want to become a 1 yr per contract player?
Renoldson. :roll:
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Storm Staff
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

After asking me on Saturday night, I consulted the football department about Matt Orford's kicking and it is my understanding that recently he had another kick session with Daryl Halligan.

The football department also mentioned that he is playing more confidently and therefore he's kicking accuracy has improved.

I hope this has answered your questions.

Susie Filleti
Membership & Ticketing Manager
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Thanks for the follow up Susie.

I was surprised to find your post on here regarding my question to you on Saturday. Very much appreciated. :D

Andrew (from Williamstown)
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Shows that some of the staff do actually read this board :wink:
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

Confidence is the key. Lets hope he keeps the % up :)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hailstorm wrote:Shows that some of the staff do actually read this board :wink:
I guess we'd better watch what we say about them in future. Hey :wink: :lol: :wink:
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote:
Buzz wrote:I had a feeling it was more to do with him now realising that he has less than 12 months to make himself the absolute hottest prospect on the open market come June 30 2005.

Renoldson. :roll:
So then why would he sign a 4 year deal? :idea:
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!