Storm vs Broncos in the Semi Final

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Kaufusis Clan
Squall
Squall

Bay 6 Yobbo wrote: Evening all
Great to see Storm win with so little time left. Even though it was bad for my blood pressure!
Ennis must realise now that he is the biggest joke in the NRL after the way he carried on last night. Disgraceful!
Your crap Ennis RETIAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Kaufus Kaufus Kaufus is on the bike. HEY KAUFUS GIVE US A WAVE ! YEAHHHHHHHHHH
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM

What an absolute blast!! We were singing in the rain, 1st row behind the southern goals! :D :D

With 5 minutes to go , Boofa was right in front of us and he looked up at the scoreboard and the time, and the look on his face, the tears welling, with possibly only 5 minutes of his playing career to go! I was crying, I was laughing, I was singing and I was screaming STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!! Come on guys do a Warriors, with 46 seconds to go, Boofa passes the ball to GI and we did it, we did it, we did it!!!!! :D :D :D

We danced, we screamed, we sang and we celebrated!!!! :D :D

I sang " We are the Storm from Melbourne Town, we'll blow the others off the ground! We are the STOOORM , and we are No 1" all the way out of Suncorp and back to the Holiday Inn to wait for the boys to arrive!

The boys arrived back at 11.30pm, to a small but vocal crowd, I got my usual kiss and cuddle from Boofa, and DJ was happy to see his mad stalker ME! Boofa said at least next week, I won't be increasing my shares in Jetstar, only an hour from home, and I will be there!!!! We stayed directly across the road from the boys, so only a short stroll, but way too happy to even think about sleeping until way after midnight!! :D :D Thank goodness for late checkouts!! :D

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!

Cheers,
Bunnies & Peter ( who had an absolutely brilliant night out with Mum at the game and laughed all the way at me as I sang and danced  my way through the Broncos supporters!)
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To me, it seemed as though the Brisbane Broncos and NRL tried to bend us over and do us like a (alleged) Brisbane Broncos nightclub victim.

THE GOOD (Melbourne)

The character the players showed was outstanding.

Can't mention everyone, so I'll put down the most impressive parts of character that was shown

* Steve Turner had a little indecision that led to the first try but certainly made up for it afterwards. Didn't let him get to him, he stuck to it, came up with some big plays in defence and great runs in attack.
* Cameron Smith's dropout goes out on the full, the commentators almost call it the game there and then, and he comes up with one of the greatest individual plays at a clutch time you will ever see
* Billy Slater.....he showed why he is the  best fullback in the competition.  Nothing against Brett Stewart, he is a great attacker, but Billy's defence and intelligence in sense of making the right play, the right read, and the 2nd most important tackle in Storm history when the game is all but gone, simply brilliant (As for the most important - it would have to be the 1999 Grand Final tackle that knocked the ball out of Anthony Mundine's hands) Should we go on to win the Grand Final, I will gladly call it the greatest tackle a Storm player has ever made
* Michael Crocker.....WOW!  Brilliant.  My man of the match. I swear he went in with a personal vandetta to beat the Broncos forwards into submission all on his own, and he bloody well could have done it! What a legend
* Jeff Lima - I was impressed with his game...mostly. He made 1 mistake that was almost deadly to our chances.  That 2nd try the Broncos got, where was he in defense? Is it just me, or was he within a metre and not make an attempt on the attacker as he went through the hole?
* Matt Geyer makes a mistake near the end and certainly made up for it!  Some brilliant last second...wait a sec....last thousandth of a second plays to stop certain tries, and then there was the final play. That composure he showed for the final pass was simply awesome. He throws the ball straight away, Greg Inglis does NOT score.  The defence will take him into touch. Takes an extra little step to the line, held up the ball, and threw it at the perfect time after the defenders were committed to taking him down. The most important player is the man with the ball, and the defence had to hold up half a step incase Geyer ran it.  It was brilliant.  Catch and pass, the defence flocks onto Inglis, we're out of the finals. He holds on a fraction of a second, and Greg Inglis all of a sudden is unopposed. Matt Geyer, that was unbelievable.  

Oh, and then there was that "No Try" which was reminiscent of Robbie Ross to Matt Geyer around the back of Darren Lockyer at Colonial Stadium in 2001 to get us home against the Broncos, only this time it was 1000 times better.

THE BAD (Officials)

The officiating was nothing short of dead set pathetic and incompetant bordering on openly biased.  Biased or incompetant?  I'd better go with incompetant, don't want any lawsuits, do we ;)

If any of our players performed like Hayne and his crew did I don't care who they are, whether it be Billy Slater, Greg Inglis, Cameron Smith, ANYONE, I'd be calling for them to be sacked.  

Had we had an official with half a brain who did a shocking job instead of an absolutely disgracefully pathetic and incompetant job, we would have won by at least 20-30.

The main couple of issues, that "No Try" on Inglis.  
Firstly, regular shot at a 45 degree angle suggests that he was line ball.
Secondly - what dropkick of a moron will look at the "side-on footage" that there is absolutely no proof of where they were in relation.  you CAN NOT see any field markings to give ANY impression of where they are. And the way the camera was, I would say it was probably at least half a meter to a metre to behind the play.  Parallax error or whatever it's called, to make a decision on that footage is disgustingly pathetic and moronic.
Thirdly, they did not check how far away greg Inglis was when Geyer actually touched the ball.  Was he outside 10 metres?  He was defintiely not in the ingoal area and moved forward into the ball.  Not saying he was 100% outside the 10m, but to knock check that was stupid
Fourthly, Inglis ran into a player in front of him straight away, Cameron Smith went forward and even if Inglis was not in line or behind (Which i maintain he was) than Smith has still overrun him as the Broncos player held Inglis up, and as a result puts Inglis on side anyway!

The 2nd main issue
THE SIN BIN! "Anything more around the head and I might put you down"...."Oh, I'm a deadset idiot, I'll sin bin for something as brainless as sending Jason Ryles off for a front rower doing what front rowers do in scrums"  Give me a break!
That previous tackle should NOT be charged. Cameron Smith repeatedly tried to move his arm and grab him something else, but Thaiday was intent on getting down ina  way that he could get a quick play the ball. There was no grabbing and twisting of the head and neck.  If Smith gets charged, then there were at least 5-6 Broncos tackles around the neck which deserve grade 2-3 charges, but no, we don't whinge and bitch to officials to get what we want like the Broncos do, and no-one has ever doen anything wrong from any other team ever!

If they are going to be incompetant, they could at least be consistenly incompetent, not biasedly incompetant.

Counting the errors throughout the game, with others having to agree with me unanimously, the final total we had was Brooncos benefitting from 19 wrong calls/non calls and Melbourne benefitting from 5.

Home ground favouritism?  Or just NRL trying to screw us over?  We all know the Sydney media in general is all about putting a smear campaign (allegedly) on the Storm because they want to see NSW v NSW in the Grand Final and don't like us succeeding for so long while the NSW teams are playing sh*t and going broke.

THE UGLY  (Brisbane)

As for the Broncos....the NRL tried to gift them the match, and if they didn't spend 80 minutes whingeing and moaning they would have killed us.

A number of players should have been stood down (if it weren't the finals, they would have been) I wonder how long till the cops can finish their invistigation now? ? ?  Oh, they have their findings?  Wow, how quickly that at least 3 week investigation finishes when the Broncos finals campaign is over

and I'll add something else in

THE SAD

Tonnie Carrol, and Wayne Bennett

I've a lot of respect for both of them, they have had great careers, and wish them the best of luck in the future.  To lose your final game after 21 years at a club is one thing, to have your heart ripped out like that, they did not deserve...sure, players like Michael 'Milkman' Ennis can farewell like that, but servants like Wayne and Tonnie, I felt a little sad for them.

To sum the game up......that was, undoutedly one of the moments the club has experienced or could possibly experience in the next 100 years of Rugby League

WOW!
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1 thing I forgot.

Shayne Hayne single handedly refereed Tony Archer into the NRL Grand Final.

:twisted:
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lord Reynoldson wrote:* Steve Turner had a little indecision that led to the first try but certainly made up for it afterwards. Didn't let him get to him, he stuck to it, came up with some big plays in defence and great runs in attack.
But wasn't the try from a forward pass? Watching on TV it looked to travel at least a metre forward. Also, besides Tony Archer who will be the referee next week?
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:But wasn't the try from a forward pass? Watching on TV it looked to travel at least a metre forward. Also, besides Tony Archer who will be the referee next week?

I believe that was one of the many ****-ups that were made by the officials.  about 1-2 metres forward, the one right in front of the posts heading out left?  I think that's the one your talking about.  Definitely forward.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Thanks for that link to rugby league live, much more bearable than having to watch the entire game even after knowing the results :)
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
visualise-this
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It doesn't feel like we have to play this week, feels like we've won the GF. I'm sure that if we do go on the win the GF, it won't be as good as the feeling we all felt on Saturday night.
Bay 6 Yobbo
Squall
Squall

The forwards were outstanding. Jeff Lima and Michael Crocker played out of their skins. Sika Manu and our man Kaufus had a major impact when they came on. DJ is a machine! How many tackles did he end up with? He seemed to be everywhere. The way we defended against Hodges was unbelievable. He did not have any idea how to cope with it.

Some of the last gasp defense was outrageous! Tell u what though, when we held them up in goal & it was ref's call, my heart was in my mouth cos I thought that muppet was gonna gift them 4 points.

I'm expecting Cam's season to be finished at the judiciary though! NRL have to give the Sharks hope somehow! I've seen worse get off, but then those players play for Sydney teams.

Just seems like opposition teams decide that their play the ball is going to consist of rooting the ground a bit, throwing their hands in the air while screaming at the ref. They don't have much else
The only thing faster than Billy Slater is the speed at which opposition fans leave Olympic Park after they lose!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Thunderstruck wrote: Thanks for that link to rugby league live, much more bearable than having to watch the entire game even after knowing the results :)
no worries.

its actually a really good site...has the audio interviews etc up pretty soon after each game.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]