Storm vs Broncos in the Semi Final

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

in the end it will come down to us, and not the ref.

Play like we did last week...well bring on 2009!!

play like we usually do...and we come week 3!!
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if we dont come up with the goods against them it will be worst than last week and 06 combined
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Super Cronk wrote: in the end it will come down to us, and not the ref.

Play like we did last week...well bring on 2009!!

play like we usually do...and we come week 3!!
True.... Like last year the Storm gotta be 20 points in front by half time.

Take the ref out of it.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote:Take the ref out
Sounds good to me, needs to be someone expendable that does it though. Perhaps if one of the forwards don't play then maybe the replacement.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

HELL ILL DO IT!! :lol: :lol:
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Storm email wrote: Watch Melbourne Storm LIVE

For all Melbourne Storm Members and supporters who can't get to Brisbane to watch Saturday night's semi-final against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium, and don't want to wait until 11.25pm to watch it on free-to-air television, don't fear.

Melbourne Storm, in conjunction with Channel 9, will be hosting a LIVE-SITE at the Water Front City Piazza, Docklands this Saturday night!

Come and watch as the Melbourne Storm attempt to knock the Broncos out of the 2008 NRL finals race, and advance to the preliminary final against the Sharks in Sydney next Friday night.

Hosted by Brodie Young there will be a FREE sausage sizzle, giveaways and more!

WHAT: Semi-final Storm v Broncos Live Site
DATE: Saturday 20th September 2008
TIME: 6:30pm - 9:30pm. VENUE: Water Front City Piazza, Docklands
Melways Reference: Map 2E D4
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hmm, if it's a good game it'll be interesting. Watch it live at Rising Sun Hotel or the live site, then watch the Fox Sports replay at 10pm then watch the Channel Nein replay at 11:30pm. ;)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Good news on the human wrecking ball, Jeff Lima.
Storm get big boost with Lima on the run
Greg Prichard | September 18, 2008

MELBOURNE prop Jeff Lima has reacted well to a cortisone injection in his knee and made a strong return to training yesterday, clearing the way for him to play against Brisbane on Saturday night and leaving second-rower Ryan Hoffman as the Storm's only injury worry.

"My guess is Jeff will play," Melbourne high performance manager Mary Toomey said last night. "We've still to get through stages as they come, and we'll ramp it up with him before the weekend, but after the way he went today I'm confident he'll be OK. He ran for the first time since he was hurt, and he ran well. He's looking good."

The Storm missed Lima after he left the field in the first half of their 18-15 loss to the Warriors in the qualifying final at Olympic Park on Sunday. His chances of playing against the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium looked remote on Sunday night, but the cortisone injection the next day has had the desired effect.

"Jeff tried really hard to get back on the field on Sunday, but it was no good," Toomey said. "He was very sore after the game. He had come down heavily on his kneecap and the joint capsule got very irritated as a result. But after he had the injection the inflammation settled down a lot.

"We've still got to put him through contact work and see how he goes with that, but he's got two more full days before the weekend and based on how he went today he can make a lot more improvement between now and the game. So we're entitled to be very happy with his progress."

Hoffman, who suffered ankle ligament damage against the Warriors, also ran yesterday, but while that was an encouraging sign he still has a long way to go before he can prove his fitness for the Brisbane game.

"It was the first time Ryan had run since the game as well," Toomey said. "We didn't do a high volume of stuff with him. We weren't interested in getting him to work hard at this stage. We just wanted to see where he was at. He had a bit of a limp when he ran, but he got through it fairly well considering how he was after the game.

"Ryan worked his butt off to get back as quickly as possible when he first got an ankle injury towards the end of the regular season and he'll give it a good shot again this week, but we'll have to wait and see how he goes. I'd say he's a 50-50 chance of playing.

"It's actually a different ligament to the one he hurt last time. Maybe he was a bit more exposed because of the original problem, but it was a pretty forceful collision that hurt him on Sunday. He had a Warriors guy come down across the back of his ankle.

"Ryan had a painkilling injection and came back on, but the ankle was swollen and tender after the game. It's improving, but it's a time thing. We're travelling to Brisbane tomorrow. I'll see him in the morning, before we go, and we'll do some more rehabilitation stuff. We'll probably wait until Friday before running him again."
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/st ... ntentSwap1
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Good news about Jeff,

If we play to our potential, and brisbane play to theirs , we should still win,

If we cant fire up for this one after last weeks effort, we dont deserve to move on to the next stage,

Its in our hands.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
toe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hey Guys,

I've been a lurker on here for a while now and thought I would finally sign up. Looking
forward to this weekends game, it should be a cracker. Just wondering where most people
planned on watching it?, at the live site just announced or at the Rising Sun Hotel?.

Tony
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good stuff about Jeff. Clearly our best prop and we really missed him when he didn't comeback on last week
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

It seems strange, but I'm actually more confident this week than what I was last week against the warriors.
2012 premiers. Legit.
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Not confident about either week....

It's a finals match one missed tackle can be the difference.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Welcome Toe!  :D
Not sure where people will be mainly watching the game, looks like a few will be heading to the Rising Sun in South Melbourne tho.   I'm not close to either venue so I'll be watching it late  :(
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

tugga wrote: It seems strange, but I'm actually more confident this week than what I was last week against the warriors.
Same here.

I will also go out and say Izzy will not miss a single tackle saturday night!
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment