Melbourne v Wests Tigers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

As I said.

Tell me that our current lock is doing a great job.

Look at the way Hill plays ....Like a good No 13 sould play.

I'm all for giving Turner and Cronk a go as soon as possible.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

In the second half Slater was practically nowhere to be seen as was Bell. King and McDougall had a go but couldn't do much, our attack simply got shut down. Someone mentioned that slater and bell may have been injured.

I can't recall if Dustin Cooper played last night.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I doubt that Dustin played.

I'm sure I saw Cronk out there in hte last few minutes.

Dunno what happened to Slater but he waaas there all game. I thought he did alright. 8)

Remember we hardly saw the ball that second half.
:evil:
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

cronk didnt play the game he was taken off the bench before the game and replaced by dustin cooper...cooper came on with 10 minutes to go...yet ANOTHER stupid mistake by bellamy..and i think you can just about say good bye to our top 4 chance's... :evil: bloody pathetic...
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

What's the go with Geyer at the moment? He doesn't seem to be playing quite to his best. I'm at a loss to work out what the problem might be, is it a lack of confidence? Injury? Some other reason?

Although he did make a good effort in the second half to try and stop that intercept try.

What is with our away game performances? Two wins this year away from home?

Is it just me or do we seem to get hurt by the penalty count when we play away from home?

Oh, and the Danny high hit, why wasn't a penalty given to Storm when Danny was hit high?
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Because the ref and touchies were blind at that point. they completely missed the high tackle and head slam.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
cookieduster
Squall
Squall

Williams..O,Niel...and Badger :roll: aside..home or away how the hell do you even attempt to get a handle on what will be our gameday performance.
Bellamy must be at his wits end...talk about a fiddlers elbow there is NO ONE who could predict with any confidence the result of any game we play currently against top or bottom teams :? .
GORT...Klatu.. Verada..Necto
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thunderstruck wrote:Because the ref and touchies were blind at that point. they completely missed the high tackle and head slam.
They may have missed the head slam but they certainly didn't miss the high shot. That was proven when the touchies came in when play was stopped after the Williams hit. They came in and reported the high shot which was then put on report.

My question is, why didn't the touchies report the high shot when it happened? If they had then maybe Danny wouldn't have had the chance to do what he did??? :evil: :evil: :evil:
Gostorm
Squall
Squall

Fourth time this season we have had the opportunity to wrap up a top four finish and once again we have proven that we are either not good enough or could not care a tuppence and play like a bunch of school kids. We should have had the game wrapped up in the first minutes if Geyer could have hung on to the darn pill with the line beckoning.

Then that idiot Williams cost us everything. HE DESERVES EVERYTHING HE GETS. HOPEFULLY THE REST OF THE SEASON. What he did I do not condone at any sporting level. No good looking for excuses no matter what the provokation you do not go about king hitting opponents.

To my mind good riddance. All the good he has done over the years has come to nought. Besides has done so much harm to Storm.
Matt King rules!!!!!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

cookieduster wrote:...there is NO ONE who could predict with any confidence the result of any game we play currently against top or bottom teams :? .
Well, if they are played at home (particularly at night), then we are in with an excellent chance of winning... if we're playing away from Melbourne, we should just give the other team 2 points by default and not bother turning up - have the weekend off with the family or something!... :roll:
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The NRL haven't done us any favours with the match schedule. Of the three home games we have left, the two crucial ones against the 'dogs & chooks are both Sunday arvo games.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

we need to stop letting teams back in the game just before hafltime we do that so many times....takes the wind outta the sails.who will replace williams when he is suspended?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Dallas
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well we better start blooding some forwards.

With Kearns, Kearney, Williams, Howe, possibly Renoldson, Kidwell, Johnstone going it will be a new look forward line next year.
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Kidwell's not going anywhere :?