Rd 16 Storm vs Eels

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well if cronk had just converted the first try it would have been a different story. we can go blaming the ref so easily
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

they showed one angle.  Wasn't conclusive either way, but enough to suggest benefit of doubt
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yes it was a try, should have gone to the video ref!, it was right in front of us!

We had an absolute ball today at the footy, didn't let up the whole game WHODOESN'TMATTA!!!! :D :D

As usual the security and police were spot on, keeping an eye out the whole game for scum Parra supporters who don't have a clue!

Great to finally meet Super Cronk, don't be shy, I am loud but a nice person generally! LOL!
Look forward to catching up at more games, we were small in number as supporters today, but remained very loud and passionate the whole game! :D

The referee totally sucked, he may as well have had a PARRA jersey on, talk about a protected species, big sook Finch!

Our boys did us all proud, given another 5 minutes we would have nailed it! They were all generally happy after the game and MOOKS was very happy, very impressed with their never say die attitude today! :D :D

WELL DONE BOYS! :D

Cheers
Bunnies & Stormboy  :D :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

no one could possibly be disappointed with that effort.  I don't think i've ever been more proud to be a Storm fan!

Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Super Cronk wrote:
Mike_The_Undertaker wrote: The Cronk penalty for sheparding for the kick return was the softest I've ever seen.\

Look forward to see Issy get 3 penalties a game for the rest of the year. :X
that was shite house wasnt it?

What about when Tolman went over? Was that a try? i couldnt see at the game..did nine show any conclusive angles that showed him grounding the ball?
I thought that it looked like it was grounded.

The ref appeared to be in a good position so it's hard to argue for the try.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

nacho wrote: well if cronk had just converted the first try it would have been a different story. we can go blaming the ref so easily
esp with todays  performance.

The refs are influencing to many games imo.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sika Manu showed why he should have been signed before Aiden Tolman. Tolmans going to be solid first grader but he doesnt have that game-breaking ability that Sika has.

Impressed with Sinbad Kali as well, showed our prop stocks will be pretty good after all next year even if Kaufusi leaves, who I thought said he was going to step up, but anyways...

Kevin Proctor was enormous, finally showed what all the fuss is about, wonder though if his hair cost us a try.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How big was Lima too.  He had been MIA a bit in our first 2 games minus origin players, but really steped up yesterday!

MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Am I the only one, thinking Cronk was about to set up another "Jake-Webster-miracle-try" late in the game?  Well done fellas, did the Storm jersey proud! 

WE ARE VIOLET
WE ARE WHITE
WE ARE F***ING DYNAMITE
MELBOURNE STORM!
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

MENACING*STORM wrote: Am I the only one, thinking Cronk was about to set up another "Jake-Webster-miracle-try" late in the game? 
I was hoping for the same thing. It wasn't the Jake Webster example (thanks for reminding me of that) but more what Brisbane did to Parra about a month ago. I loved that!
When the Storm had the ball with under 30 seconds to go I was yelling "Throw the f**king thing around! you have nothing to lose!"
Last edited by Christabella on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Noa Nandruku wrote: Sika Manu showed why he should have been signed before Aiden Tolman. Tolmans going to be solid first grader but he doesnt have that game-breaking ability that Sika has.

Impressed with Sinbad Kali as well, showed our prop stocks will be pretty good after all next year even if Kaufusi leaves, who I thought said he was going to step up, but anyways...

Kevin Proctor was enormous, finally showed what all the fuss is about, wonder though if his hair cost us a try.
I've been really impressed with Sika over the last few weeks, and would probably put him ahead of smith for a starting place in the back row, looks to go forward ever time he has the ball and usually drags 2 or 3 for an extra 5 meters or so.
Tomane looks good to me although he got stood up for one of the scores, don't think we'll miss Falaou too much next years except for his try scoring from kicks.
Turner was solid if not spectacular at the back which will do his confidence no harm. Is Kafusi become a one (big)hit wonder ???
Sinbad Kali look pretty good too, and that big hit he put on Finch........oh sorry that was just Finch going down like a sack of u-know-what!!!!
I wont criticise the ref too much as I had to back track last week but.... I worked out last week that if every supporter at Olympic Park put a dollar into a collection Bellamy could really open up about the Ref's at the post match press conferance and the collection would cover the fine. so next time it happens (which will probably be next week, dig deep fellow storm fans and watch belly-ache spray!!!!)
Well done to All players yesterday.
The Futures bright, the futures PURPLE!
just my opinions......critique them, don't criticise me!!!
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Seems after watching last nights game that it is either only one ref that read that memo from  the NRL boss about protecting the kicker or he is just a suck protecting his bosses son, as Kimmorley was taken out several times and so was Carney and it didn't even get a second look from the ref and one on Kimmorley was a blatant late hit at full speed, result play on bad luck.  Hmm even the Fox commentators were making comment on it.  The is one things I have noticed that is missing from our game recently and that is CONSISTANTCY from the maggots with the whistle.  Lets hope we get a good one this week actually are there any good ones left?? It is sad to think that Shayne Hayne is our best ref a couple of years ago he was sent back to reserve grade for failing to control a Sharks game properly oh well I suppose we just have to get use to it.  May be it is a ploy by the NRL to boost the cash coffers as a coach I would be surely complaining at the press conference about the reffing Opps there goes 10k and another. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
I am back again.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shayne Hayne is not even close to our best ref... it's still Archer by a mile

40-20
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

grey sub wrote: May be it is a ploy by the NRL to boost the cash coffers as a coach I would be surely complaining at the press conference about the reffing Opps there goes 10k and another.
I think this week's donation of $10k to the refs end of season trip will come from Neil Henry - he unloaded on Mr Bean after their loss.
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sounds like your right there.  Sounds like 10K well spent....or maybe does any one know the going rate for a columbian hit squad!!!! just joking I was thinking that it would be cheaper than 10K thats all.......................again just joking the refs are doing a great job and at least there mothers still love them that is unless they reffed the team she barracks for.............................. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :P :P :) :D :) ;D :? 8) :lol: :x :P
I am back again.