Two Words...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ball control!!!

Why is it we always beat ourselves against the big teams??? I can't fault the effort from the boys, and I thought our defence was pretty damn good, especially on our goalline. In attack though, we were ordinary. Far too many dropped balls, and it told in the end.

Plus Willie Bloody Mason is a monster!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Same old story different day.

As I've said before most of our losses stem directly from poor handling. If we can eliminate the dropsies we'll be a more complete team.

Very good scrambling in defence and a great one-on-one strip from Mooks.

That match is gone, bring on the Tigers!!!
Gostorm
Squall
Squall

It all boils down to basic skills and being patient in attack.

Someday maybe just someday it will sink in. We really needed this one to overcome the barried. Maybe next time.

Makes me wonder how badly they want to finish in the top 4 when the bunnies did the right thing and beat the panthers.
Matt King rules!!!!!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We really missed some go forward in the second half - there were quite a few sets that I saw where we only made 20 to 30 metres in 5 tackles compared to 40 to 60 metres in 5 tackles from the Bulldogs.
When we struggle to match it in the forwards (through either lack of enthusiasm/intensity or simply because we're buggered), we seem to try to run around them and start throwing a ton of passes, a lot of which are rushed, which turn into errors and turnovers.
Makes me wonder how badly they want to finish in the top 4 when the bunnies did the right thing and beat the panthers.
Kinda makes you wonder how impressive we really were when the Panthers get smashed by the bunnies... :shock:
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

i have another two words to add as well
completion rate
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Insomniac wrote: Kinda makes you wonder how impressive we really were when the Panthers get smashed by the bunnies... :shock:
I thought the exact same thing when I saw the Rabbitohs v Panthers final score :cry:
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

jellyhead wrote:
Insomniac wrote: Kinda makes you wonder how impressive we really were when the Panthers get smashed by the bunnies... :shock:
I thought the exact same thing when I saw the Rabbitohs v Panthers final score :cry:
Ah yes, but we smashed the Panthers by more. :wink:
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

And we lost to the Rabbitohs as well!
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

How true! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tigers are on a very long losing streak. Let's keep it that way. They will no doubt be hungry for a win and I'm not thrilled to be the first team they beat to end that streak.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]