IZZY'S DECISION??

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

MENACING*STORM wrote: SAY IT IZZY'NT SO!!  :crybaby: Ah, FÜCK that  :evil:

the kiddo has made his decision and we have to respect that.  We've been down this road with Kimmorley and Orford so this is nothing new. 
...and bell.. and King.. and Reynoldson.. and Webster etc..

Lets hope this time next year im not adding Bellamy, Smith and Inglis' name to that list.  :x

Can the NRL do anything in future, isn't it a touch unfair for us to train these unknowns (at the time of coming to the club) up only to see them piss off to another club. Dont we get any reward for putting the hours in for the good coaching, training etc..
Last edited by cam on Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

omg omg omg a young center walked out on us for 500k to go to brisbane they were right this isthe start of our team breaking down WHY LORD WHY! pfft i was reading stuff on nrl.com and they think that this is the start of something bad, worst thing is we loos bellyache and then cam and gi (ppl with clauses) leave, we stll have  a good list  even with that. its shit how when we lost 2 games in a row then everyone goes in to hysterics but when dragons loose like 10 straight its nothing out of the normal.

like i said on the graveyard forum , this team is like a battle tank, its slow to get off the mark but when it gets going it crushes anything in its way.

so what im saying dudes is relax, its a 18year who wants his mummy he will be kicking himself when he realizes in 3 years what he let go. we wil win the next 4 games at least

p.s sorry about lack of gramatical corrections

p.p.s sorry if the p.s didnt make sense
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

cam wrote:
MENACING*STORM wrote: SAY IT IZZY'NT SO!!  :crybaby: Ah, FÜCK that  :evil:

the kiddo has made his decision and we have to respect that.  We've been down this road with Kimmorley and Orford so this is nothing new. 
...and bell.. and King.. and Reynoldson.. and Webster etc..

Lets hope this time next year im not adding Bellamy, Smith and Inglis' name to that list.  :x

Can the NRL do anything in future, isn't it a touch unfair for us to train these unknowns (at the time of coming to the club) up only to see them piss off to another club. Dont we get any reward for putting the hours in for the good coaching, training etc..
Unlikely but the NRL could...

Salary cap exemptions for Storm to retain there own development of players..

or

NRL introduce a Draft that does not include youth comp..So clubs can still develop there young guys and have a better chance of retaining them when there off contract. It would only apply to players who have played a certain quota of first grade.

What Storm fans dislike the most about Issy going is the fact that storm developed him since he was young..
Madness
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Matty Geyer needs to teach some of these ungrateful gits a thing or two about loyalty.  Play the idiot in the u20 for the rest of the year and blood someone to take his place.  Why leave someone on the sidelines who will be his likely replacement when you can get them on the park and a ready replacement.

This being able to switch teams mid season is bollocks.  The NRL need to do something about it.

It is irritating and it MUST be unsettling to the team.  I am tipping not all the team "respect" his decision.  If we knew this last year, we might have saved Kingy a terrible decision.  Because his height and nous in the centre is what's killing us at the moment....

OK, /rant
*Most people I know, think that I'm crazy*
evilc
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Madness wrote: Matty Geyer needs to teach some of these ungrateful gits a thing or two about loyalty.  Play the idiot in the u20 for the rest of the year and blood someone to take his place.  Why leave someone on the sidelines who will be his likely replacement when you can get them on the park and a ready replacement.

This being able to switch teams mid season is bollocks.  The NRL need to do something about it.

It is irritating and it MUST be unsettling to the team.  I am tipping not all the team "respect" his decision.  If we knew this last year, we might have saved Kingy a terrible decision.  Because his height and nous in the centre is what's killing us at the moment....

OK, /rant
Totally agree with you, the excuses he/they came out with are a load of crap, didn't hear any sob story for the previous period of time he was with us.  Storm must wake up in their signings NO get out clauses etc, we have had players who wanted to be with Storm and had to release them because of MAYBE players staying, as far as I'm concerned money / limelight seekers are not wanted.
evilc
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Madness wrote: Matty Geyer needs to teach some of these ungrateful gits a thing or two about loyalty.  Play the idiot in the u20 for the rest of the year and blood someone to take his place.  Why leave someone on the sidelines who will be his likely replacement when you can get them on the park and a ready replacement.

OK, /rant
And this is why Geyer keeps a spot in the side and rightly so...Loyalty must be rewarded...Good to see Storm/Bellamy being loyal to players that have been loyal to the Storm..
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

OK, /rant
Geyer should be up for theft

Anyway no big deal Folau will be a great player but so will Joseph Tomane and Kevin Proctor in a couple of years. Issy going just means they will stay, he would left after his next contract anyway which by that stage we might of lost Tomane, Proctor, Manu, Tolman etc.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Goodbye Israel. Don't forget to close the door on your way out.
Don't care what anybody says. he can go and play for the Broncos this Friday night for all I care.
2012 premiers. Legit.
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Two Words for you Folau

NORTH DEVILS!!! That were you belong because you sir are a devil
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Stormwarning[c] wrote:
AAS wrote:
Because they were talking about the same thing dumbass.
AAS, then merge a shite load of other threads tool. One thread was 'what is he going to do' and the other was 'this is what he is doing' very different.

It's so good to see that person abuse still happens here and then people wonder why so many never post here any more.

Compared your "Graveyard!!!!!" site.  :lol:
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brisbane_storm wrote: Bad news that he's leaving us, but at least he's coming to us and not some plastic club like the Titans.
Its suprising you didnt finish the sentence off by saying "not some plastic club like MY Titans.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There's a heap of reasons why this decision sucks - losing a long-term investment, great talent with even greater potential, announcement made after the worst attacking performance in years, the implications of a mass player and coach exodus... apart from that last one, what cuts the deepest is that he's going to the farking Broncos!!!

Why is it that most other clubs have their ups and downs, their successes (or near successes) and their rebuilding phases, but the Broncos just keep buying in players or topping up their existing contracts and never seem to struggle like other clubs?  Can we please see the Broncos out of finals footy for a couple of years!?!

If the Broncos manage to get Bellamy as well, that'll do me!  I don't care what anyone says - we lose Bellamy and things will fall apart at the seams.  Not only will we lose some current players with get-out clauses, we'll also fail to attract any major signings to our club in the future (that is the ONLY incentive we can currently throw at big name players, and even that's not enough for most of them!).  The flow-on effect will be disastrous I feel.  We'll be another Canberra, only they still manage to consistently play with enthusiasm and heart regardless of the lack of talent, which we're failing to do now.

Yes, we'll still unearth the odd talent here and there, and we'll certainly field 17 players each week, but until Bellamy signs on the dotted line, it's going to be a real nervous time for me as a Storm fan, I'm not sure about anyone else...

Good luck to Israel, but certainly not the Broncos!  :(

[end rant]