IZZY'S DECISION??

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=403707

Storm have given Issy "more time" - saying he is only 18 - give him a break.

It is my understanding that the money at Bronco's is identical to Storm's.  Some Sydney club offered more cash, but he has turned that down.
It's not money - it is family - and that will always be a problem for Melbourne.  Remember Noddy?
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Been at the Storm since he was 14 hasnt he? Now after 2 years he'll most probably leave
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

stormsally wrote: Remember Noddy?
Yeah, we remember Noddy.  :x
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tempest wrote:
anyone care to explain to me why he left ? i wasnt so into league back then and seems as thou everyone hates him for it lol
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

bula wrote: Been at the Storm since he was 14 hasnt he? Now after 2 years he'll most probably leave
But till last year was mainly based in Brisbane (Norths).
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote:
Tempest wrote:
anyone care to explain to me why he left ? i wasnt so into league back then and seems as thou everyone hates him for it lol
Same as Orford only a few years earlier.

Some seem to think he jumped ship as he viewed the Storm on the decline.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

coupy73 wrote:
CaptainKlutz wrote:
Tigger wrote: Heard that Billy said on tv that the team would respect any decision Izzy makes.....sounds ominous to me, but maybe I'm just sceptical... ;-)

I would be surprised if he stays with Storm, I truly believe he'll take the big bucks - I'll bet it's not only his manager whispering in his ear.....
Maybe he just wants to go home.
Wasn't he thinking of going on a mission for two years. I assume he would be away from home then? ((unless you can do a local one), this is a question not a sarcastic comment!?)
Maybe Melbourne was it ????????
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote:
nacho wrote:
Tempest wrote: Yeah, we remember Noddy.  :x
Same as Orford only a few years earlier.

Some seem to think he jumped ship as he viewed the Storm on the decline.
Pretty much exactly the same.  Came down here as effectively a reject of the Sydney clubs, we invest money and time developing the player and then they up and leave at first opportunity.  Plus, with Kimmorley, it was really the first time we'd been shown first hand how the system works

Put my post in with the quote! :oops:
Last edited by steaming stormer on Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote:
Tempest wrote:
Something about him being a *lima lima lima duck*...
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Joel Caine number 1 fan
Squall
Squall

stormsally wrote: http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=403707

Storm have given Issy "more time" - saying he is only 18 - give him a break.

It is my understanding that the money at Bronco's is identical to Storm's.  Some Sydney club offered more cash, but he has turned that down.
It's not money - it is family - and that will always be a problem for Melbourne.  Remember Noddy?
oh here we go again tigers fans have heard that a million times its all a lie scott prince said the same thing yet he didnt even move to hes hometown he moved to GC
the 80s was so much better at least once a player was at a club he was loyal to them ,u dont see that much these days

its funny how most these players have no problem going to england
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if he leaves do storm get anything out of it? like a transfere fee?
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

no only uk clubs do that here you dont have the option of being 'sold' by your club you wait till your contact is up and move, unless your club give you a release from contract
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: if he leaves do storm get anything out of it? like a transfere fee?
Nothing - No transfer fee system ! Think it's time the NRL looked at some kind of offset system to compensate clubs for the scholarships,time,effort & nurturing of juniors,who then jump ship for 'family reasons' / shiny carrot syndrome.

In the case of Storm most players that leave inherit the F S C

Noddy was hated by Storm fans for dragging out & selling out - Then hated by Manly for being an over priced under achiever - He is a Classic case of Former Stormer Curse - Hero to Zero
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nope, nothing Nacho, but that's the system.  we've benefited from it in the past too
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Back on topic. As I said elsewhere:
He's 18. At 18 Inglis, Smith and Slater all showed more promise as complete players, and have all followed through. Big, strong, mobile, skillful, fast and nimble....
but Slater's faster and more nimble, Smith more skillful, Inglis as big and strong and MUCH more mobile. And all of them have MUCH better ball skills.

In many ways he's very similar to Matt King. World class and probably worthy of a Kangaroos jersey. But, honestly, would you have kept King if it meant losing Inglis? Smith? Or Slater? Are you willing to bet half a million dollars a year that Will Chambers isn't going to be as good?

Nah. Thought not.
Love him to stay. But he is not now, nor do I believe he will ever be, worth more than GI - and that's what his manager is asking for.

Shakespeare said "Kill all the lawyers".
William! Mate! Can you do me a quote about player managers?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately