The "real" theme song?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bracks is a hack of a supporter. :roll:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Today's HS said that he'd never been to a game where Storm lost. Without being down on Storm (cos we have lost a few at home - not so many this year tho) he couldn't have been to too many games. Bracks is such a wanker.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Buzz, I think you are right, it did sound very much like the same tune as the Adelaide Crows song.

Something like "we are the players from Victoria, we are the mighty Melbourne Storm!"

As for Steve Bracks, he should insist that the minister for AFL goes to a game! From the interview with Steve Bracks after the game it sounded like he'd only been to two or three games. Which is probably two or three more club games than NSW premier Bob Carr has been to. :wink:
Last edited by Surandy on Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

You're right, the tune is the same as the Adelaide Crows song with the words changed to suit Melbourne Storm & Rugby League. I just don't know how it goes.
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

i have it on tape, when i can be bothered i'll try to write it down, but for now...im too lazy 8)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

this is it...i think.
feel free to make changes if im wrong.

In the land they call Victoria
Where all good legends dwell
We are the champion rugby leauge team
And we sing a bit as well

We're a rough, tough bunch of bastards
And we show a bit of form
No one can defeats us
We are the mighty MELBOURNE STORM

We'll take it on those panther blokes
And really give em hell
And we would have scored a lot more points
But they rang that full time bell.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The players have always had that victory song. There was a vhs put out called "Eye of the Storm" which was a behind the scenes documentary of the 1999 finals I think. It followed the team and some fans around in the lead up to that great day in September. So the cameras were in the sheds when the boys sang that song after one of the victories. I haven't watched that tape for a while but I think the boys cleaned the song up a bit for Nein because the version I recall had a lot more naughty words scattered through it.

Bracksy came across as a bit of a tool I thought, but then again he is a politician :wink:
Hells Bells
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

The song firsted saw light of day in mid 98 and the players sat down (over a lot of drinks) and penned that version.

They sing it after every win.

On Bracks since 99 (the grand final being his first every League game) he try's to get to at least one home game a year. What surprise me was his comments that 'if they keeping winning, I'll have to come to a few more'.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

I think everytime he's at the game, StormFront magazine publishes the pictures. His kids (if they are his - talking about the ones in the pictures with him) seem to enjoy being decked out in Storm gear.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bracks is a dickhead.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

BRING BACK KENNETT!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I thought that tune sounded famaliar but I couldn't quite place where I'd heard it before. I watched the movie "The Last Castle" on Nein last night & it turns out that it's the same tune as the song of the U.S. Marine Corps.

Semper Fi! 8)
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

NZ Storm wrote:I thought that tune sounded famaliar but I couldn't quite place where I'd heard it before. I watched the movie "The Last Castle" on Nein last night & it turns out that it's the same tune as the song of the U.S. Marine Corps.

Semper Fi! 8)
Battle Hymn Image
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bumping this up from a while ago, but does anyone know where I could find an mp3 version of the club song on line to download??  Thanks
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote: bumping this up from a while ago, but does anyone know where I could find an mp3 version of the club song on line to download??  Thanks
The team's victory song as mentioned in this thread or "We Are The Storm"?

I noticed the "We Are The Storm" can be played from the Storm website now, well has been there since before the grand final.