HALIFAX V STORM

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
CHITTYCHARGO
Squall
Squall

Shame Cam not playing with them putting his picture on poster
Last edited by CHITTYCHARGO on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Nice poster all the same  =D>
Hope the game's a nice earner for Fax

BTW.......For those interested This is Shay stadium And the place where Storm meet that 'other' team is on Elland Road
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A fax fan sent me this and asked i post it

Another little fact about Storm you may or not know is that Gareth Widdop who Storm signed this year for the under 20’s comp is also from Halifax, and was one of the first to sign for their now defunct scholarship program when they where in the Super League. In fact James Roberts from the Halifax Courier wrote a full spread on him when they found out that Storm where playing Fax. Do not know the exact link but it is under James Roberts articles on the Halifax Courier web site under the heading Widdop Grabs Storm Place.
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

here's the article - Widdop grabs Storm place

Did a quick Google & found he'd played under 18's for Vic schoolboys,(amongst other achievements)in 2006.
Other 18's that year included Israel Folau,Kevin Proctor,Liam Foran so he's in good company  ;-)   
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
purplestorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Being a Halifax lad myself but now a big storm fan living over her in melbourne, i played amateur rugby league with Gareth's dad who himself played pro some years ago. we are still good friends and it is fantastic to see someone like Gareth having a good go at  the challenge he has been set
Graham Las Darrington
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just nine days to go...

Roll on a week on Friday!

Can't promise to put the red carpet down for the lads when they arrive but I'll try to keep the snow cleared ... well Halifax is up in the Pennines.
[img]http://premium1.uploadit.org/Barnowl/MelbourneStorm/Storm-Prmiers-Badge-80-per-cent.gif[/img]  [img]http://premium1.uploadit.org/Barnowl/FeatherstoneRovers/Fev-Button-NL2-Winnersby-G-Las-D.jpg[/img]
Up the Rovers! Go Storm!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It's Thursday 10:15 am & the boys will be getting ready to run onto Shay stadium for their 1st training session in the far North  ;D

Still can't find any sites with audio links or possible score updates for tomorrows game  :'(
lotti

any forumers going to the game to update us?
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

OMG the match is tomorow! i totally forgot the date, what time australian is it on?
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'm guessing it'll be an evening match therefore it will be early Saturday morning our time, ie 6:30am, or some such time.
Graham Las Darrington
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I've made the travel arrangements for tomorrow - really looking forward to seeing the game however they approach it.
[img]http://premium1.uploadit.org/Barnowl/MelbourneStorm/Storm-Prmiers-Badge-80-per-cent.gif[/img]  [img]http://premium1.uploadit.org/Barnowl/FeatherstoneRovers/Fev-Button-NL2-Winnersby-G-Las-D.jpg[/img]
Up the Rovers! Go Storm!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: OMG the match is tomorow! i totally forgot the date, what time australian is it on?
Halifax - Melbourne Storm (Challenge) Fri  22nd  8.00pm,(GMT)
                                                                        Sat 23rd  7:00am,(AEDT)
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sporting Life

Have the game listed on their 'fixture' site,so it's possible they'll have 'live scores' ?
Friday February 22
Super League
Bradford       v  St Helens   (KO 19.30)
Hull             v   Wigan   (KO 20.00)
Leeds         v Catalans Dragons (KO 20.00)

Northern Rail National League Cup
Cross-group match
Doncaster v Celtic Crusaders (KO 20.00)
Sheffield   v   London Skolars   (KO 20.00)

Northern Rail National League Cup
Group 2
Oldham v Salford (KO 20.00)

Friendly Match
Halifax v Melbourne (KO 19.45)
BBC Leeds Have listed both the Bradford v St Helens & Leeds v Catalans games as "Some coverage" ? so maybe they'll also have "Some coverage" of the Fax game  :?
Last edited by Bourbon Rat on Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

This game must of been played by now....

Any news.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We got up 26-10. Allegedly.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT