Manly vs STORM Trial game *live scores*

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I have been informed this evening, that a decision has been made to move the trial scheduled for Saturday 16 February 2008 at Bluetongue Stadium to the Friday night 15 February 2008 instead. The game is scheduled to start at 7.30pm.

Cheers
Bunnies :D :D
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome. My birthday!
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Will there be any TV coverage?  While Nein might not care, surely Fox Sports has nothing better to cover in February.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome, KK's birthday
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Your totally invited Nacho, as long as you bring the dip. Zing!

There won't be any television coverage, just can't see them doing it in the foreseable future
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Don't expect any TV coverage for preseason games. Except maybe for our little game in England.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
StormVicky
Squall
Squall

Thanks Heather Bec and I will see you there contact you before then. Vicki
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

mrpc wrote: Will there be any TV coverage?  While Nein might not care, surely Fox Sports has nothing better to cover in February.
The only pre-season games I have seen on TV in recent years have been the WCC and the Charity Shield (Dragons vs Bunnies), I presume 2008 will be no different.
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm going to try and get up there for the game, but will have to see what my work hours are like.

*Crossing fingers*

How long does it take (roughly) to get to Gosford from Sydney CBD?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tempest wrote: I'm going to try and get up there for the game, but will have to see what my work hours are like.

*Crossing fingers*

How long does it take (roughly) to get to Gosford from Sydney CBD?
A couple of views.................
I think that I would prefer to move to New Zealand than commute to and from Gosford to Sydney.

Twice over the past two weeks both the F3 and railway have been closed to the authorities over reacting to minor bush fires. Due to being sued, and OH&S, every authority seems to be over reacting these days.

The F3 seems to be closed due to a major accident at least once ever two weeks, in either direction. 'Funny' that you hardly ever hear of the F6 being closed [for either reason]. Are drivers to the south more careful?

And you can guarantee that the F3, or rail line will be closed as the worst and most inappropriate time for you. Murphy's Law.
interesting, i currently live in sydney and work in the gong and it takes me 1:10 and 40% of that is one lane.

gosford takes more than 1:30 based on what has been said and its 70% the distance i have been travelling.

but work down gong has run out for me.
Taken from this Forum thread
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hmm, thanks, Ratty.

So probably safer to fly up to Sydney on Thursday and have all day Friday to get to Gosford. I'd rather be there hours early with nothing to do than sitting on a stopped train listening to kick-off on the radio  :P
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The trains to Gosford are numerous, it's roughly half hourly during the day.  To stop them all would be somewhat unusual.

And if you hear there is an issue with the trains, or otherwise want to take the scenic route, forget the trains.  Get an L90 (or L88) bus to Palm Beach (Pittwater side)...

http://www.sydneybuses.info/commonpdfs/ ... _190tt.pdf

Then a ferry to Ettalong (about 25-30 minutes)

http://www.palmbeachferry.com.au/palm_b ... y/pbwe.asp

Then get a Route 53 bus to Woy Woy (ask for a through ticket to Gosford, change to any other Busways bus at Woy Woy Station).  The Route 53 bus leaves from opposite Ferry Street (i.e. across the road) at about 33 minutes past the hour (i.e. about 5 minutes after the hourly ferry arrives). 

http://www.busways.com.au/files/routes/ ... g06-23.pdf

If you miss the Route 53 bus, walk a few blocks west to the Ettalong Memorial Bowling Club and get any bus from there that says Woy Woy or Gosford (and even if it says Woy Woy, ask if they can sell you a "through ticket" to Gosford).  That'd be Routes 50-51-52-53.  See the same timetable link above for Ettalong to Woy Woy, then see the following link for Woy Woy to Gosford

http://www.busways.com.au/files/routes/ ... g04-05.pdf

Suggested itinerary

Get the L90 bus from Sydney to Palm Beach Wharf.  It departs
*Railway Square (near Central Station) Stand B at 2:55pm
*Wynyard Stand D (Carrington St) at 3:12pm
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... &z=16&om=1
Ferry Palm Beach Wharf to Ettalong dep 5pm, arr 5:25pm
Walk up Ferry Rd to Booker Bay Rd, then go across the road, and find the bus stop.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... &z=16&om=1"
Get the Route 53 bus eastbound to Woy Woy (asking for a through fare to Gosford), which departed the Ettalong Memorial Club at 5.32 and should pass around 5.33ish, arriving Woy Woy at 5:47pm
Get the Route 51 bus at 5:52pm from Woy Woy Stn to Gosford Stn, arriving at 6:12pm, leaving plenty of time to walk to the Stadium for a 7:30 kick off.  Note that the bus could drop you off on Pacific Hwy near Dane Drive, there's got to be at least one bus stop in the vicinity of the Stadium.  That'd mean less walking, but presumably you'd get off at Gosford Shops or continue through to Gosford Station and have dinner first.

If enough people wanted to travel to the stadium itself in style, a charter ferry or water taxi could be organised to take you from Pittwater all the way there, and possibly back again.  There appears to be a jetty at Vaughan Avenue, one block from the stadium.  That same ferry company apparently runs specials into Broken Bay for the Gosford Races so presumably at least one ferry could be chartered for a special trip.

Now, if the rail line from Gosford to Sydney is closed for the return trip, that would be interesting.  I'm sure you wouldn't be the only group camping out at the railway station waiting room that night if that was the case.
Last edited by mrpc on Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Ahhh, local knowledge, nothing beats it ;) Thanks a million!

I'd be hitting my hotel in Gosford first (might be too pissed to remember my own name after the game ... >.>) then going to the ground.

But! I'm saving all that info, that's going to be very handy!  :D
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Not quite local.  I'm from the other side of Sydney (Sharks territory) originally.

I knew there was a ferry service from Pittwater (a few stops short of the terminus of the L90) to somewhere on the Mental Coast. 

The rest of that was an hour and a bit spent on Google digging up maps, timetables, and potential alternative routes, finding routes on the maps, checking the timetables, finding out the busways maps are misleading and/or deceptive.  While there are plenty of bus services in the lower mental coast from the two ferry stops to Gosford in the morning (via both Erina and Woy Woy), there's smeg all in afternoons, and those that do run seem to not run the entire route as shown on the map.  Their site does mention transfer fares/through fares so I assume that when there are combined routes that don't all run all the way you can still make a transfer, like Southtrans/Connex/Veoila does/did down in my part of town under the same circumstances back when I was growing up.  They may say no, but still, it can't hurt to ask.
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yeah, but that's still a lot of effort, and thanks very much for doing it!  :D