Opening Rounds Set - Game 1 @ Telstra Dome

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

The first five rounds of the NRL have now been scheduled and will be released on Thursday publicly. The Storm have sent out their schedule to members including:

Round 1: Storm V Warriors @ Telstra Dome, Monday 17th March 7pm
Round 2: Storm V Sharks @ OP, Sunday 23rd March 3pm
Round 3: Storm V Roosters @ Aussie Stadium, Saturday 29th March 5:30pm
Round 4: Storm V Broncos @ OP, Friday 4th April 7:30pm
Round 5: Storm V Manly @ OP, Friday 11th April 7:30pm

Round 1 at TDome because OP wasn't available on the Monday night.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yuck, rounds 2, 4 and 5 are Channel Nein games.  Good luck seeing them on TV before 11pm.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sigh. God there must be some bogans at nine.

Have the defending premiers not had a channel 9 game first round since forever?

Warriors is an interesting choice by Melbourne though, (they do get to choose yeah?) Guess its for the crowd factor...but then why not Manly?
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

KimmorleyKiller wrote: Sigh. God there must be some bogans at nine.

Have the defending premiers not had a channel 9 game first round since forever?
Good - nein bogarts the rights when they get them, so I'd prefer live nationwide coverage on Fox.
Warriors is an interesting choice by Melbourne though, (they do get to choose yeah?) Guess its for the crowd factor...but then why not Manly?
Manly fans don't travel.  Warriors fans do, and also, there's a lot of NZers living here in oz.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

cause manly arent confident the team will show up
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
mrshoff
Squall
Squall

ooooo!!! im so excitied!!!! i wanna stalk the hoff this year...camerons got a baby on the way... i dont wanna seem too much like a man eater..lol ;D
[img]http://i3.tinypic.com/66ow5z8.jpg[/img]

ITS MRS HOFF! NOT MR SHOFF...
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

disappointed we don't get to revel in the premership at OP, but I guess if it was unavailable, not much can be done about that!  What the club should be doing is everything possible to have the seats bought in at the dome for the first game!
As for 2,4 and 5 being 9 games - that's fine!  I am happy with home 9 games, as it won't be live against the gate in Melbourne, and I'll be there so don't care what time it's on!
It's away games on 9 that don't work!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

So what happens if youve got a reserved area membership and a home game is at the Dome?I only sent my membership forms off last Saturday and havnt been a member before so have no idea!
Works well for me being at the Dome,I work 10 min walk from there!
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well it's almost official that I will be at Olympic Park for the return to the Graveyard in 08 .
I just need to get the Tuesday after Easter off - must also be able to watch another suicide of bombers.
Last edited by Christabella on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

CrazyAboutCooper wrote: So what happens if youve got a reserved area membership and a home game is at the Dome?I only sent my membership forms off last Saturday and havnt been a member before so have no idea!
Works well for me being at the Dome,I work 10 min walk from there!
I'm guessing you'll get the equivalent seat at the Dome. Only GA members will have a problem,as the Dome's 'seating gestapo' were a tad over the top for the semi  :roll:
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Pity we couldn't play the Raiders, if only because of their colours and the date of the first game...... ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tigger wrote: Pity we couldn't play the Raiders, if only because of their colours and the date of the first game...... ;-)
I noticed that.  Hopefully we get a few revellers coming to the game after they have downed a few pints of Guiness
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hadn't noticed that - but believe I will be one of those revellers!!!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
lotti

Dome is a good idea since we'll be able to get more of the purple army in but who's big idea was to have the reigning premiers play on Monday Night, it should be the other Friday Night games and Tigger the luck of the Irish will be with the Storm on St Patty's day.  At least the round 5 torture game/GF replay will be over early, I'll be attending it in my teams colours.  At least our triumphant return to OP is only delayed a week, I'm going to enjoy round 2 it's heckle Noddy time and I won't be feeling guilty one little bit unlike in 03.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Monday night is the third choice fixture when it came to the TV rights.

Choice 1: Friday Night (Ch 9) - usually a game involving two Sydney teams
Choice 2: Sunday Afternoon (Ch 9) - usually a game involving two Sydney teams
Choice 3: Monday Night (Fox Sports)
Choice 4: Friday Night #2 (Ch 9) - usually a Broncos or Titans game for the SEQld market
Choices 5-8: Fox Sports Super Saturday & Sunday 2pm

Basically all it means is that Channel Nein thought they had two better games lined up for their Sydney and SEQ TV markets.  I mean, seriously, would Channel Nein pass up the chance of putting Roosters vs Rabbitohs on live (massive Sydney TV audience potential) to play a game between two foreign teams (Melbourne vs New Zealand)? 

When the third choice of the round became available to Fox Sports, they would presumably have jumped for joy at the Storm game still being available, and then calmly snapped it up for their Monday Night fixture.