Now it makes sense

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I now understand why nein gave us the Friday game next week. Due to Wimbledon being on it is likely the game will not be telecast until 4-5 am Saturday morning thus very few people in Victoria will actually watch it. :evil: :evil:
This will again give nein the figures to show that nobody wants to watch League in victoria. :evil: :evil:
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

That sounds about right! I'd actually been looking forward to that match, watch the game live from the ground then go to the social club, by the time I get home the telecast would normally be starting.

Channel Nein Melbourne give rugby league a fair go? I don't think so!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Even some soccer guy, Patrick (didn't hear his surname) was on SEN this morning on Hungry For Sport criticising Melbourne Storm. His statement was that Melbourne has absolutely no interest in rugby league. As you can gather he got quite a few callers ringing to tell him that wasn't so. He was claiming that soccer will overtake AFL & NRL in a few years as the premier code in this country.

I rang up and informed him that at my workplace there is more talk about NRL & Melbourne Storm than there is about soccer. Someone rang after me and quoted the Australian capital cities ratings for SOO 2. And a couple of other callers rang up defending Melbourne Storm & RL.
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

So your saying the Melbourne v Penrith game won't be shown untill around 4am :o
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

5:30am if this week's Friday night match is anything to go by. :shock:
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You might as well just go to bed early and kickoff your Saturday with a Storm Saturday Morning Football game! (pretend it's live!) :wink:
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

You poor sons of a bitches.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You poor sons of a bitches.
But we get to see the game live at Olympic Park :D :D :D

And I tend to think you guys are being a bit harsh on channel 9 this time. I would never usually defend them, but it is Wimbledon, a Grand Slam, and I don't think that this would have had anything to do with the scheduling of a friday night game.

Plus, our theory that we always get more to friday night games is being tested, so lets just worry about getting a crowd at that game before we worry about what time it is being replayed on tv!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]