Orford saga continues ...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common ... 23,00.html

Good!! Hope it brings about a solution one way or the other.
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

About fricken time too.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

It sounds like the Storm are getting sick of this dragging of the heels with Orford still to decide what he's going to do.

Great article, get on with it Orford.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

From Sydney Morning Herald:
Halfback Matt Orford plans to decide whether to stay or leave before the June 30 anti-tampering deadline. Orford's agent George Mimis said up to six rival clubs were prepared to sign him on a one-year deal.
I guess the Storm aren't one of those 6 clubs. :wink:
Gostorm
Squall
Squall

Whichever clubs are prepared to pay big bucks for a one year contract sure have rocks in their heads. It is all about having long term plans rather than chasing short term success and having to re-train the squad to suit another half backs style of play.
Matt King rules!!!!!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

exactly!
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Storm isn't part of the 6 clubs cuz Storm isn't a RIVAL club. :wink:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Either way it turns out, I now hope that the CC doesn't get a team in the NRL. Just to shove it up Matty Orford. After all the screwing around he has done, he doesn't deserve to have his wish come true as he has been selfish enough already.

Hopefully Kearnsy is all right for this weekend, and that Kingy can get through with Norths in his comeback match. Terrible news about Robinson....and McFadden :wink:

Great initiative targetting the AFL fans this week by the Storm - now I can get in for just $5.50!! 8)
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

All AFL card holders can get into Olympic Park for 10 bucks. Not bad.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I am so over this, upset and angry that this situation hasn't been cleared up earlier. I'm still thinking as to whether to go to the warriors match - yes I am a staunch storm supporter but this is really giving me the.......................
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Can't build a team around a halfback who's probably going to move on in a year.

Sorry Matt, you are not worth the asking price unless you are going to stay long term as the team's focus.

Bye bye.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

mystormboys wrote:I am so over this, upset and angry that this situation hasn't been cleared up earlier. I'm still thinking as to whether to go to the warriors match - yes I am a staunch storm supporter but this is really giving me the.......................
Gees no offence but that's harsh. After all you'll be the one missing out on a great game and for what? Personally I go to watch the "team" no matter what's going on with one particular player. Don't get me wrong, it's pissing me off too but you've gotta look at the bigger picture here :wink:
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

i might be able to watch this game live this saturday :wink: :mrgreen:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
cookieduster
Squall
Squall

TC wrote:Can't build a team around a halfback who's probably going to move on in a year.

Sorry Matt, you are not worth the asking price unless you are going to stay long term as the team's focus.

Bye bye.
100% sums it up...he wants to go home so go...use the $ to develop new stars...who will no doubt become champs and chase $. so turns the wheel.
GORT...Klatu.. Verada..Necto
Hells Bells
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I know it p*&%#@ me off so I wonder if the noise of that f*&^%@#* bell and the chanting that goes on when he is lining up for a goal has played on Ox's mind.

I say keep him at all costs, remember the club lied to him about the 'great' facilities we would have down here and he is still working out of a tin shed and public toilet