The Roof!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Did you think this topic was about raising the roof? The roof being on fire? The roof being closed?

Close if you thought the last one, I was wondering with the mile high bombs that GI sometimes does whether he will hit the roof with one tomorrow night. And if he does, what's the NRL rules regarding this? Will it be play on? Will it be a scrum with the feed to the attacking team?
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I hope they close the roof. Although sunny, it was quite cold at the showgrounds today. Don't want to freeze in my gurnsey tomorrow.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

The NRL has confirmed that the roof will be closed according to newspaper reports, hence this topic.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

surandy i hope u seriously dont think that GI will hit the roof, the roofs only been hit by one ball before and that was mike hussey in the cricket :)
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote: surandy i hope u seriously dont think that GI will hit the roof, the roofs only been hit by one ball before and that was mike hussey in the cricket :)
I know, that sucked. The umpire ruled it was a dead ball.

And yes I was serious, have you seen some of the spiral bombs that GI does at times? I remember the one he kicked in the semi against the Cowboys two years ago.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he has his days but i hope tomorow GI has a runing role and just craps all over tahu inu and hayne
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Just for interest, the roof is 38 metres above the playing surface of the Dome. What kind of heights has GI been kicking recently?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Buzz wrote: Just for interest, the roof is 38 metres above the playing surface of the Dome. What kind of heights has GI been kicking recently?
well hes been getting it heaps higher than the nikau stand roof.

are u sure its 38, jeez looks alot higher  ???
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I have yet to see a lie in Wikipedia *smirk* so take it at face value... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telstra_do ... m_Features
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

''When the roof is closed, the ceiling height to the underside of the support structure is 24 metres (78 feet) and to underside of the fixed structure is 35 metres.''

its getting smaller the more i research lol
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

If theres anyone in the nrl that can hit it it would be GI. matty johns commented about a kick at training last week...and reckons it was the biggest kick he had seen, came down with ice on it.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote: Did you think this topic was about raising the roof? The roof being on fire? The roof being closed?

Close if you thought the last one, I was wondering with the mile high bombs that GI sometimes does whether he will hit the roof with one tomorrow night. And if he does, what's the NRL rules regarding this? Will it be play on? Will it be a scrum with the feed to the attacking team?
I don't think it's physically possible for a human to hit the roof with a football, there is no way known a torpedo bomb from a foot can compete with a Hussey bomb from a cricket bat ;)

Interesting situation though, if common sense were to prevail it would be deemed dead-ball with a scrum restart to the attacking team.

...but technically wouldn't it be out on the full?
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Maybe it should be "one hand off the roof"? Or "automatic out"?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if the ball some how tomorow hits the roof i think it should be play on , just like in thsoe indoor action sport places
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I recall during half time at some Victory matches last season, the bench players attempted to kick soccerballs towards the roof.  Even though it "looked" like it was going to touch the roof, the soccerballs floated at their apex before gravity took over.

Maybe a spiral of mass destruction from GI Joe could actually hit it  ;D
Surandy wrote: Will it be a scrum with the feed to the attacking team?
I think this would be the most likely solution, just like a few weeks ago when Camo hit Jared Maxwell in the Jatz Crackers.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]