Round 24; Melbourne v Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Earl
Monsoon
Monsoon

Friday Night Football again, which means we yet again have to watch the footy, without the sound.

Good news today with the judicary, Michael Crocker will escape suspension with a guilty plea, so he'll be right to play this week.

Hopefully this is the week we put it all together and blow the oppisiton out of the water.
Last edited by Christabella on Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

So who is actually escaping the Nein black hole that is Victoria for the game?

I have seen a few people mention an interest in coming to this game ... if so remember it's not going to be easy to sit with other Storm fans as the whole stadium is reserved and the seating is fairly stringently policed.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
lotti

at least it's the midnight game and not the 1:30am one.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I really want to go this Friday, but would have to work half day Friday. Then avalon drive down to Avalon to get a Jetstar flight.
Is all the seating dedicated at telstra, sounds crap, I got ripped when I went to MtSmart, payed $50 then saw some fans in the opposite stadium and couldnt get over to it, and there were heaps of seats.
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We have our tix( 8 of them), and  I will let know who needs to know where they are located! :D

Cheers
Bunnies and Stormboy :D :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bunnies, given your line of work you might be interested in this:
Bulldogs and Storm fans are encouraged to attend what should be a blockbuster game this Friday night at Telstra Stadium dressed in their team's colours, ready to cheer and carrying a tin of food.

The tin may not be standard fare at a footy game but this Friday it will be used to assist needy people in the Bulldogs heartland of south west Sydney.

The wives, partners and family members of Bulldogs players and coaches will be manning collection points at Telstra Stadium ready to receive the much needed non-perishable food or monetary donations to assist the Salvation Army in the crisis work they carry out.

Lina Utai (wife of Matt), Sandy O'Meley (wife of Mark), Arwa El Masri (wife of Hazem), Shana Hughes (wife of Corey) and Karen and Hayley Folkes (wife and daughter of Steve) and Captain Lyn Prince from The Salvation Army Campsie Community Services Centre announced the food drive inititiative today at Belmore Sports Ground.

Sandy O'Meley, wife of Bulldogs prop Mark O'Meley said, "The families of most NRL players sit in a very fortunate position with regard to their income and lifestyle. However, if it weren't for the ability that the players have with a football their lives may be very different and they could have needed a helping hand from the Salvation Army."

The Salvation Army is one of the largest providers of material aid in Australia, through more than 260 community service centres nationwide. The Campsie branch services an area right in the middle of the Bulldogs' heartland from Five Dock to Earlwood to Wiley Park and Lakemba.

All food and donations will go directly to the branch and will be used to assist those in need in the area.

Karen Folkes, wife of Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said, "We're asking supporters to come along to the game and drop off a tin of food or a packet of two-minute noodles, any food that doesn't need refrigeration.

"If supporters are coming straight from work and don't have the chance to grab any food then they can drop some coins or notes into the collection buckets.

"I've known for a very long time what great support Bulldogs fans give to the team and to the club. I know they will give the same level of support to the local community via the Campsie branch of the Salvation Army."

Captain Lyn Prince from The Salvation Army Campsie Community Services Centre said, "We greatly appreciate this wonderful support from the Bulldogs.

"Last year The Salvation Army assisted over one million Australians. The food and moneys raised will help greatly in assisting those less fortunate in inner western Sydney. I know that many Bulldogs players and their wives are aware of our work in the community and their support for this project is greatly appreciated."

Bulldogs CEO Malcolm Noad said, "The Salvos play an important role in the community with their assistance to families and individuals in need. And their collaboration with our players "better halves" on Friday night will hopefully inspire everyone to bring along some food or drop some coins in a bucket to support our local community."
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cant wait...will be a cracker!!!Will be intresting to see who Belly ache goes with on the bench and weather or not all of em will get a run.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Timmah
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Someone wanna tell earl or correct the thread name for Round 24, not 25?  :P
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Super Cronk wrote: Cant wait...will be a cracker!!!Will be intresting to see who Belly ache goes with on the bench and weather or not all of em will get a run.
Are you actually coming? Have you been to any games this year?

Wait a minute, it's been that long since I've spoken to you online ... Are you still out near Penrith?
Timmah wrote: Someone wanna tell earl or correct the thread name for Round 24, not 25?  :P
Haha I didn't even notice.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

he
Christabella wrote:
Super Cronk wrote: Cant wait...will be a cracker!!!Will be intresting to see who Belly ache goes with on the bench and weather or not all of em will get a run.
Are you actually coming? Have you been to any games this year?

Wait a minute, it's been that long since I've spoken to you online ... Are you still out near Penrith?
Timmah wrote: Someone wanna tell earl or correct the thread name for Round 24, not 25?  :P
Haha I didn't even notice.
hey christa, been to one game this year, but with going permenant at my job it meant ALOT of weekend work(only bastard stupid enough to take up over-time on a saturday and sunday). I wont be going this week because on saturday arvo i did the ligaments and cartilage in my right knee (well i need to go for ultra sounds on friday to confirm it) I cant walk or even straighten me leg so no i wont be going :( . Yep i moved to cranebrook...a little closer to penrith then where i used to live.

Sorry for going off topic guys!

Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Super Cronk wrote: hey christa, been to one game this year, but with going permenant at my job it meant ALOT of weekend work(only bastard stupid enough to take up over-time on a saturday and sunday). I wont be going this week because on saturday arvo i did the ligaments and cartilage in my right knee (well i need to go for ultra sounds on friday to confirm it) I cant walk or even straighten me leg so no i wont be going :( . Yep i moved to cranebrook...a little closer to penrith then where i used to live.

Wow you got to a game! Well done! :lol:
Mind if I ask which one?

Hope your leg isn't too badly damaged though.
Timmah
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Super Cronk wrote:Sorry for going off topic guys!
That's ok, you won't want to talk about the game after 9:30pm Friday anyway  :P

Hehehhehehe. I seriously can't believe you guys have never lost with Crocker on the park. Incredible stat.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Christabella wrote:
Super Cronk wrote: hey christa, been to one game this year, but with going permenant at my job it meant ALOT of weekend work(only bastard stupid enough to take up over-time on a saturday and sunday). I wont be going this week because on saturday arvo i did the ligaments and cartilage in my right knee (well i need to go for ultra sounds on friday to confirm it) I cant walk or even straighten me leg so no i wont be going :( . Yep i moved to cranebrook...a little closer to penrith then where i used to live.

Wow you got to a game! Well done! :lol:
Mind if I ask which one?

Hope your leg isn't too badly damaged though.
lol...yeah im pretty slack, but next year im definately going to melbourne...

No you may not ask me which game i went too.

Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Only kidding was the loss to the Roosters.  :D

Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Super Cronk wrote:
lol...yeah im pretty slack, but next year im definately going to melbourne...

No you may not ask me which game i went too.
Ah it's been a difficult year for getting to games in Sydney, what with the moving of some games up to Gosford, another being Monday night and your closest teams: Penrith and Parra only playing the Storm at Olympic Park

Am I right in thinking one game is an improvement on last year though? :lol:
I'm not going to beat my record of last year .... Friday's match will be number 9 so assuming the Storm go through to the GF I think the maximum I get will be 11 (in 2006 it was 13).