grapples.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Bennett and a winging Petro on and on about it.

Claiming that Eastwood was a victim of one. (So that's how he hurt his knee ? ? ? ? ? ? ? )

Gonna cost the Storm from now on. <ight not even make the GF on this issue alone.

Time to cop a 10 grand fine Belamy and Wally.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

petero is a behemoth he can handle it

can we really be taken out of the finals because we overuse the grapple alittle ?  :o
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: petero is a behemoth he can handle it

can we really be taken out of the finals because we overuse the grapple alittle ?  :o
Consistent penalties will enable a team slightly better than the Broncs atm to beat us..... On todays performance anyway.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also it will erode the Storms confidence and they commit to tackling less fircely and won't slow the play the ball down as much for fear of being overly penalised.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote:
nacho wrote: petero is a behemoth he can handle it

Consistent penalties will enable a team slightly better than the Broncs atm to beat us..... On todays performance anyway.
oh i thought u meant like the nrl wont let us in the GF coz of grapples! haha i got that wrong
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And the winging has begun.

http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/NewsA ... fault.aspx
Broncos coach gripes about tackles

Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 7:05 PM

Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett re-ignited the grapple tackle debate after claiming the controversial tactic caused yet another injury to his already depleted Broncos in Sunday's NRL grand final re-match against Melbourne.

The Storm won a hard-fought affair against an under-strength Broncos outfit 14-6, with Melbourne maintaining their two-point buffer at the top of the NRL ladder.

Brisbane five-eighth Greg Eastwood was assisted from the field in the 68th minute with medial ligament damage from a tackle which resulted in Storm five-eighth Greg Inglis being penalised by referee Sean Hampstead for a grapple tackle.

It was the Storm's third such penalty of the day, while Brisbane were also penalised for the offence once.

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett said the grapple tackle caused the injury.

"You saw how his body was going, you saw the leverage that was being exerted because of what was happening up the top," said Bennett, who last month slammed the NRL's policing of the tackle he believes must be rubbed out of the game for fear of a player being seriously injured.

"I'm still concerned (about someone getting hurt) and that has reinforced my position."

However Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy turned defence into attack, saying his side was more closely scrutinised than others because of continuing accusations they deliberately attack the head of opponents to slow down the play the ball.

"I'm thinking we're at times a little more closely scrutinised than other teams in the high shot area," he said.

"I thought the referee today, we could have got a lot more penalties for high tackles.

"If you want to call them grapples or whatever, at the end of the day we got hit a few times high and he let it go."
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

belly is spot on with his statement
he also didnt mention the tackel on jezza smith, when a broncs player took a swing at him, and connected thats why he was down after he played the ball, dont no if any others saw it
lotti

you bet he was, the Broncos were only penalised once that I saw for a high shot.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I did notice the Jezza incident, I hope the match review committee will have a serious look at it :angryfire: And Bellamy is 100% correct - I noticed a few high shots by them that Bumstead did absolutely nothing about...to quote Arsene Wenger, maybe I don't know the rules, but I thought if you kill someone, you get a penalty against you :roll:

Can anyone say "tall poppy syndrome?"  :?
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

No charges have been laid against the Storm after yesterdays game.  :D :D

http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/NewsA ... fault.aspx

But nothing against the Broncos either
lotti

while I'm glad our guys didn't get charged but damn it the MRC should've charged a couple of Broncos for the high shots, they've gone soft.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Aren't players meant to be charged for grapple tackles? Or is it just penalised during a game is enough?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lotti wrote: while I'm glad our guys didn't get charged but damn it the MRC should've charged a couple of Broncos for the high shots, they've gone soft.
i dont think they want to penalise any broncos or else bennete will crack the sooks again.
lotti

Hailstorm wrote: Aren't players meant to be charged for grapple tackles? Or is it just penalised during a game is enough?

maybe the MRC thinks that Hampstead, Petero and Bennett don't know a grapple when they see one.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

lotti wrote:
Hailstorm wrote: Aren't players meant to be charged for grapple tackles? Or is it just penalised during a game is enough?

maybe the MRC thinks that Hampstead, Petero and Bennett don't know a grapple when they see one.
Maybe they're still trying to extract Petero's nose from Bumsteads arse  ;D I heard him whinge & call the ref "sir" so many times I wanted to vomit   :puke:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields