what would storm be like if....

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
DaveInOz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Ox is a sook.
When we had the momentum he looked good and played well, but as soon as things went poorly he stopped playing and sulked.
As a leader he helped set the tone for the team and when he didn't have the heart to plow on when the game turned to shit, he took the team down with him.
Coop is a team player and will dig deep to turn the games momentum. If he wasn't half as skilled as Ox but still did that I'd take him anyday because the team as a group are better for his inclusion.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The proof is in the pudding.  We are a much better team when Orford left.  Fact.

Manly are a better team due to their back rowers and Monaghan and Stewart.  It aint Orford. 

Let's see how they do in the finals series shall we?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cronk was the Dally M half back of the year in 2006, Orford never won that.  At the moment Cronk is the front runner (with Prince) to get the Australian 7 at the end of the year.  No one has mention Orford name to do this job because he can't.  To quote Ricky Stuart (who knows a bit),  Orford is the type of halfback the will get from 16-nil up to 32-nil up, but he can't win you the game when you are 16-10 down.  The best thing that even happened to Storm was him leaving and Cronk getting the 7.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

to be fair to Ox though, he did a job with us, and was a much liked bloke around the club prior to the contract saga.  I think we are better off with Cronk, but there is a lot of animosity towards Ox that is probably over the top.
The same happened with Noddy when he left. Sure, he shafted us at the time, but we moved on and that was that.  I am still disappointed that Noddy was booed at the 10 year game when they named the team of the decade.  Like a bloke or not once they leave, their time with us deserves to be rememberd for what happened at the time - particularly after a couple of years, and with everyone agreeing we'd rather Cronk
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

Orf showed his true colours by going.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I agree Noddy should not have been booed at the 10 year team annoucement.  He was/is a very good player.  The difference is the way they left.  Nodddy was up front and said I am going to get the best deal I can.   Some people might not like this, but at least it is honest.  Orford kept saying I really want to stay, I just waiting for Melbourne to give me an offer.  I love Melbourne, I really, really want to stay.  But the whole time his manager was doing deals in Sydney for him.  The Manly CEO told our CEO the day of the annual NRL meeting that the Orford deal was done.  Our CEO thought his was negoitating with Storm.  
My son was the support who had the "PUT CRONK IN THE 7" sign before Orford had decided if he was going or not.
Best sign he has ever made.  Orford is a hack  
Brownzay
Squall
Squall

I swear asked someone this question sometime last year..
We'll see how good Manly truely are come finals football
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brownzay wrote: I swear asked someone this question sometime last year..
We'll see how good Manly truely are come finals football
well u also asked me on msn! haha.
thought id get some other peoples opinions aswell
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]