Storm supporters march to OP for 1st final

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Stormin' Into The Finals

As I mentioned in an earlier posting we are at the business end of the season. I figure it's time to start thinking about and promoting this year's supporters march to OP. I thought last year's supporters march to the first final was fantastic and way more than we all expected. Kudos to Mikey for suggesting it and getting the ball rolling, it was a great result considering that it was suggested less than two weeks before the actual final.

This year how about lets make it even bigger and louder!!!

Gates are opening at 1:30pm so the aim is to get to OP around that time for those with General Admission tickets that want to secure a good viewing spot.

Meet at Federation Square near the big screen Sunday 9th of September at 12:45pm.

March to commence at 1pm. March will head along the Yarra River over the footbridge to the MCG, turn right to take the footbridge over the train lines/tram tracks to Swan St.

As mentioned by Mikey on SEN some supporters will head to Feddish Restaurant around 12pm for a meal and/or a drink before the march.
Last edited by Surandy on Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

would there be chanting involved?
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

If anything like last year then yes, lots and lots of chanting!  :lol:

Given we don't know yet when we will be playing we may need to look at a couple of flyers, an initial one advising of the march and letting people know more info to come and then once we know when we are playing a flyer setting out the details.

Anyone any good at designing flyers?
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

How about including the magic hat song in the chants this time?  It could alternate between three team names (i.e. whatever two AFL teams are playing at the G, and the name of whatever team we're playing)?  If the AFL is smart and doesn't schedule a competing match on the Sunday at the G, just stick with the team we're playing.  It would also let some people who don't do the magic hat chant get comfortable with it before kick off.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think you'll find that given half a chance, the AFL will make sure they schedule a match for the same time as ours
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Madness
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Let me know when it is, I'll post it on my Collingwood forums.  Though *fingers crossed* we will also be in the finals, just hope not the same day...

Cheers

;D
*Most people I know, think that I'm crazy*
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote: Stormin' Into The Finals

As I mentioned in an earlier posting we are at the business end of the season. I figure it's time to start thinking about and promoting this year's supporters march to OP. I
Start thinking?
If I'm gonna march to OP I'd better get me skates on. 2200 km in a month.  :icon_frown:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

C'mon TC - where's ya commitment? Tour de Farce riders do 3,600kms in 3 weeks?!? You should romp it in! ;P
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Buzz wrote: C'mon TC - where's ya commitment? Tour de Farce riders do 3,600kms in 3 weeks?!? You should romp it in! ;P
Yeah, but it seems they're all on performance enhancing drugs  :o
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Woo Hoo!! Booked my leave and had it approved from work today so its all systems go for me, and Stormboy plans to ask for Friday and possibly Monday's off for any final games played in Melbourne too! :D :D :D

So we will be there for the March etc too!! :D :D

Cheers
Bunnies, Stormboy and Tazzie :D :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'll be happy yo do all I can once again. I think once we're assured of the minor premiership we should really pump it up cause then we will know its a Sunday final
lotti

Mikey don't say the MP words they're forbidden for another 3 weeks at least, we don't want to jinx the boys especially since we don't have that nice 6 point buffer between us and number 2 we had last year it's just a 2 point barrier.  Bunnies fingers crossed it's not the Rabbitohs we're playing otherwise you might be pulling double duty.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The AFL were pricks last year. The NRL deliberatley do not put their finals to clashg with Sydney Swans games. Then last year they move the Collingwog game to the same day as our final against the Ells. It was meant to be our day for all Melbouyrnians. Just like channel 9, treat NRL like shit, despite the NRL haking concessions for the AFL.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Talked briefly to the club today, they will promote the march at the Titans game and include it in the weekly newsletter.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

I'll be there :D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si