Storm supporters march to OP for 1st final

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
lotti

TC wrote:
Buzz wrote: C'mon TC - where's ya commitment? Tour de Farce riders do 3,600kms in 3 weeks?!? You should romp it in! ;P
Yeah, but it seems they're all on performance enhancing drugs  :o
or those sports drinks really work since elite athletes like those that compete in the Tour De France are tested for performance enhancing drugs.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

lotti wrote: or those sports drinks really work since elite athletes like those that compete in the Tour De France are tested for performance enhancing drugs.
:roll:
Tested and busted. Pro cycling is fuller of drugs than Chemists Warehouse.
2 of this years TdF leaders kicked out and another 2 high profile riders. Last years winner now banned and this years' is currently being investigated by German police for suspected drug use.

Oh yeah, it's the Red Bull ](*,)
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
DaveInOz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Surandy wrote: Talked briefly to the club today, they will promote the march at the Titans game and include it in the weekly newsletter.
Good work  :D

Don't suppose you could get them to promote the storm man petition  ;D ;-)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

DaveInOz wrote:
Surandy wrote: Talked briefly to the club today, they will promote the march at the Titans game and include it in the weekly newsletter.
Good work  :D

Don't suppose you could get them to promote the storm man petition  ;D ;-)
If Buzz couldn't convince the club then I'd be no chance. ;)
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:D :) :D :) :D

Booked our flights today so we will there! We were there for the March last year and come on guys let us make it even bigger and louder this year!! :D :D :D

Cheers
Bunnies, Stormboy and Tazzie :D :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Brownzay
Squall
Squall

I'm in ill try and round up the boys
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep.... I'm in! Here's hopin' we get to do two of them this year on account of possibly getting a GF qualifyer at Telstra *touch wood*

Can we interrupt the Channel 10 AFL coverage again?  ;D
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I might speak to Stormwarning about flers. hopefully by the end of this weekend we can confirmit as being a Sunday final
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

ok we know its a Sunday final for sure now. I've sent a email to Stormwarning regarding flyers promoting it but I might need 1 or 2 people to help me hand them out at the Tits game next Sunday
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Do we start the march a touch earlier this time? Aim to leave Fed Sq 30 minutes before gates open?

I'll contact the club during the week to find out what time the gates will open.
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well last year from memory we promoted it as a gathering at 12:45 for a 1pm then we had the media photo's at 1 and then left. I reckon it worked well last year so we should do it that way. Obviously thats based on the gates opening at 1:30 if the gates don't open till 2 we jsut move everything back 30 mins.

I think what we should do this time is have kids and those who will be a little slower march down by the yarra whilst the rest of us march down flinders st and over the exhibition st bridge. then we meet as 1 big march and march over the bridge to the MCG and then through the famous tunnel to the graveyard. The purpose of going down Flinders St is that we will be noticed by more people.

Also for week 3 if we are doing a march to the Dome what should be the plan there? should we meet at Southbank and march past Crown then up Spencer st?
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Going down Flinders Street will be noticed by more people only if there's no AFL on.  On a Sunday afternoon, with AFL likely on at the G, there will be waaaaaay more people by the river than there will be stuck in single occupant cars in traffic on Flinders Street.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

There would have easily been more people on flinders st then by the yarra last year and there was a fooball final on at the G
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

There'd be lots of cars, but they would not have been moving, and likely only had 1-2 people in them each.  Every car takes up a LOT of space.  Even a lightly populated parkland strip (the north bank) would actually have more people than bumper to bumper traffic on Flinders Street. 

Keep in mind that as for bystanders (no pun intended) there's nothing worth mentioning fronting the south side of Flinders Street (the interesting bits of Fed Square are behind the buildings) and none of the buildings on the north side of Flinders Street are popular weekend spots so there'd be no pedestrian traffic.  We'd just be showing ourselves off to frustrated motorists stuck in traffic.  Don't ever expect a motorist stuck in traffic to look favourably upon anyone or anything, especially when we're going to be moving faster than they are :-)
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
lotti

it's a pretty good walk though, especially with the cowbell.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!