Cowbell in Laz Stand

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
DaveInOz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Rather than take the raiders thread of topic I thought I'd start a new one to get and give feed back ...
Tigger wrote: The only really annoying thing about watching the game was the irritating bloody cowbell!! (no idea if it was heard at the Bai Stand)  :-X
Whomever has that thing needs to return to kinder and learn about bloody RHYTHM!!!!! :scratch:  Most of the time all you could hear was the cowbell clanging over and over and over without much of a break for the 'Melbourne' or 'Storm' chant......damn annoying I tell ya!
sliat_1981 wrote: About cowbell boy, I made the mistake of sitting right in front of him. It was deafening! I moved further and I'm glad I did, cause I got to see a Raiders fan go crazy.

Cowbell boy ... that sounds like me. In front of the Laz stand at about the 50. I've also been called worse  :). Yes the cowbell is very loud and once every couple of games someone moves. Most of the people where I sit have been sitting there (or together in the Nikau stand before they made it reserved seating) for years.

99% of the time its me, but if I'm getting, or getting rid of beer, the other guys have a habit of 'having a go', also storm man (strawberry shortcake now) regularly comes over and borrows it.

As for the rhythm - It is hard to tell whats going on as the bell and those around me are so loud, but I have noticed that on TV, and when we hear the bell in the Nikau stand, you get an echo and it sounds like someone contiualy beating the bell.
Having said that, if you have constructive critisism please let me know, I would welcome it, the better I help the crowd, the better the crowd helps the boys.

Bear in mind I only like to do it when the crowd are quiet to get things started, especially if momentum is against us and we need the crowd to turn it around, if the crowd is already wound up then they don't need encouragement. I point this out as the only complaint I get is that I don't hit it often enough, and that is why.

Interestingly we (the 6 families + regulars that sit in the same area) only get complaints about singing the kicking song not the bell ... people are concerned we will put Cam off.  Before you ask I have spoken to him and he has no problem with it. :)
lotti

doesn't really bother me since I'm busy trying to hear the ref over sports ears.
Last edited by lotti on Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

we  normally hear the bell across in the nikau stand and its in rhythm usually but when someone ads the 4th bang it sounds weird.

We also have at least one bell ringer over our side each game which may be some of the echo effect you are talking about.

I have even thought of getting one to annoy people with too .LOL
maybe then we could get it going all the time

We also have a group chanters up the back of the nikau stand in the reserved area & they are starting to get people doing more chants again.
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Its not annoying lotti it gets people to actually open their mouths & chant.
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
lotti

speaking of chants we should submit some of our ones for the comp that Cactus mentioned at the game, the best one will be used at the Broncos game.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Personally I love to get a Rabbitoh style drumline into the act (and not at the expense of our lovely eye candies, the cheerleaders  :love5:)

It looks like someone who was rhythmically-challenged got hold of the cowbell and went to town.  I personally don't mind the cowbell and I would actually like to hear more noise at the ground.

I say the more noise the more better (apologies for the poor sentence structure) :director: :headbang:

[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
lotti

just as long as the drumline has a few hot guys in it and it doesn't distract the players.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

DaveInOz wrote: also storm man (strawberry shortcake now) regularly comes over and borrows it.
:laughing3:
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
lotti

I wonder if he borrows the Nikau stand one.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

STORM*2*VICTORY wrote: Personally I love to get a Rabbitoh style drumline into the act
Gods no.
Ever been to a bunnies home game? It doesn't take long until it annoys the **** out of me.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Danica Jane
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

TC wrote:
STORM*2*VICTORY wrote: Personally I love to get a Rabbitoh style drumline into the act
Gods no.
Ever been to a bunnies home game? It doesn't take long until it annoys the **** out of me.
I didn't mind them at Gosford at the start of the month, but then they have to stay with "The Burrow" so they were at the other end of the field.
You've got to quit your little charade and JOIN THE FREAK PARADE!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

TC wrote:
Gods no.
I've only heard them on TV but they sound annoying and seem very out of place at a RL game.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Danica Jane wrote:
I didn't mind them at Gosford at the start of the month, but then they have to stay with "The Burrow" so they were at the other end of the field.
I was at that game too. Before the game was fine, but during? No thanks. Had the ABC broadcast on radio and turned it up to try and drown them out.
In general I enjoy the cowbell - and I might enjoy the drums if it was only occasional. But honestly, if some group at Storm games was doing it I'd want to go to OP with ear plugs. Boring, monotonous and they can't hold a beat. Sorry Bunnies, but it's true.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

:D :) :D We have our cowbell up here too!! and all our banners etc, so we leave the opposition in no doubt where we are at the game, because I am such a shy, quiet retiring type!! NOT!! :D :D :D

Stormboy knows half the drummers for the Bunnies, he either went to TAFE with them or even a couple were his teachers too!!

Go to be lots of noise at the Chooks game this Friday night , you can rely on us!! :D :D :D

Cheers
Bunnies :D :D :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I have absolutely no problem with the cowbell - as long as it's used with a chant.  What I said was that whilst watching the game last week, the cowbell seemed to be getting hit willy nilly at times without any rhythm whatsoever.

The cowbell is a part of Storm games as much as the cheergirls and Storm man (the good one  ;-)) and it was just really annoying to hear it going off lots with just 'clang, clang, clang, clang, clang, clang.....'  That's what I could hear over the tv.

All that needs to be done is (and you can do this no matter how noisy it is around you) to get your own rhythm going and everyone will follow.   These:  (hard to type but....) "Mel-bourne - tap, tap tap" "Mel-bourne - tap, tap tap" and the "tap, tap -  tap, tap, tap - tap, tap, tap, tap - Melbourne", those are the two main ones we hear every week.

The bells in the Western and Eastern stands normally get along well - and they do get the crowd in sync.  :D

One thing Dave, if it was Storm cake doing that constant clanging without rhythm - hit him in the head with it next game................please  :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!