TEAMelbourne

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
lotti

Ice and Sonnit can't wait for a second A League team well we deserve a second team before the soccer fans.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lotti wrote: Ice and Sonnit can't wait for a second A League team well we deserve a second team before the soccer fans.
???

I've no idea what you thought i meant about not being able to wait for a second soccer side but the only reason why is that it'll dilute the Victory's supporter base and maybe then their self important attitude, not to mention their delusions of grandeur will cease and they'll soon realise they aren't as really as special as they and their supporters have made them out to be.

That's why the Victory are lobbying so hard against a second team down here, they know very well it'll be much to their detriment and really be a kick in the guts to them. They know it, their supporters know it, everybody knows it and they're shit scared of it happening. If they weren't worried they wouldn't care less about a second Melbourne side coming in. Smell the fear Victory!!!!!! I don't like the game of soccer but any other club that helps to knock them down a peg or three i welcome it.

As for a second league team in Melbourne, i'm not even going to touch that one because it's just too ridiculous to even contemplate.
The Melbourne Irony
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

AAS wrote:
petarghMVFC wrote:
Surandy wrote:
What a load of Bull#$it.

I have been to Victory games and the admin at Victory are a rude arrogant club. It is going to burst and the day Victory turn into a ethnic club like Melbourne Knights and South Melbourne, I can't wait. Give it 10 years and i can see it happening . I been to the victory games and the racial comments by MV supporters to other MV Supporters of different ethnic origins(myself was racial abused and I am a Caucasian who was born and bred here). Sadly the minority has ruined my campaign to get into soccer.
Turn into an ethnic club like Knigths? Not going to happen. You're right it is an ethnic club. A club a club that celebrates all ethnicities. But it will never become monocultural. I know this because it was for this reason that the A-league was created. I'm very sorry about your footballing experience, I really am. There are some people that genuinely believe that because their parents are from Europe or Asia that they are the custodians of the world game. I don't agree with this, and being wthnic myself, I certainly don't beleive this, but what can you do?

A lot of our new supporter base are form the 'old world' of AUS soccer. It's only with time and education that this will eventually dissolve. What petarghMVFC said was pretty much bang on. We are a young club still trying to build our brand, image and trying to remain viable at the same. In the next ten years when we we've done all that, then we'll consider joining the initiative. To join it now would severly limit our capacity to expand. Victory are not obliged to join teamMelbourne. They them absolutely nothing. Besides you probably wont ave to wait long for a soccer team to join team melbourne. Last night TeamMelbourne were at the friendly between South Melbourne and Victory. They were their to assess South Melbourne's potential to add benefit to the team. I think this is a great initiative for South as it will go a long way to clearing up their image problem.

So many of you want to see MVFC fail which is really unfortunate. Let me tell you now that in the last game of the first season in 06, we were second last and had nothing to play for. We got over 10K for that game, so you see that we are not going to die anytime soon. A lot of you also believe that a second melbourne team will cripple us. I can assure now that there is enough to go around in Melbourne to ensure that a second does not interfere with our market share. So with that said I hope (though I don't expect) a lot of you can understand the club's position.

Looking forward the the next storm game (yes I am a storm supporter as well :) )
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I have no problems with TEAMelbourne not having a soccer club associated with it.

Who would when headlines like this are par for the course?

"14 ejected after soccer fracas"

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 62,00.html
Biku
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Tigger wrote:
Sonnit wrote:
Ice wrote: I think it's more the fact that the teams have "Melbourne" in their names and not just that they're based here.
Right, and meanwhile, CEO of Melbourne Demons says that the second Melbourne soccer team will join TeaMelbourne . . . obviously he's trying to threaten us, because how can two teams be called Melbourne
You idiot  :?
Melbourne Storm, Melbourne Demons, Melbourne Tigers.....etc Ok they don't all play the same types of sport but...if there was another soccer team they could be called Melbourne Thunder or Melbourne City or even Central Melbourne  for instance.
It's like saying you can't have two RL teams with Sydney in their names - South Sydney and Sydney Roosters come to mind.....
All the Teamelbourne teams so far are simply called "melbourne" - something.
Biku
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Surandy wrote: I have no problems with TEAMelbourne not having a soccer club associated with it.

Who would when headlines like this are par for the course?

"14 ejected after soccer fracas"

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 62,00.html
Couple of guys let the team down, they have now been charged by the police.  Sorted.
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bourbon_rat wrote:
Tigger wrote: God, I wish there was a way to just block these guys rubbish - not saying ban em all together, just get rid of their fishing expeditions...
Simple ! "This user is currently ignored."

The clever part is stopping ALL THOSE DUMB PEOPLE who keep not only responding to the crap.but quoting it as well
  ](*,)
PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS
Image Image Image
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Surandy wrote:All this idiot is doing is showing everyone just how stupid he is. 

It his stupidity offends you that much then just follow Ratty's advice.
And even if it doesn't, just follow Ratty's advice anyway!  :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
Last edited by Blitzkrieg on Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Biku
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

So what does this teamelbourne thing afford us anyways?
lotti

publicity and maybe bums on seats that's if the fans of the other TeamMelbourne members wish to support the other members of TeamMelbourne as well.
Last edited by lotti on Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

that's about it.  I like the concept of it, and i'm sure it will grow, but be interesting to see the instant impact it has.
I'm assuming the racing club tickets won't count for the Caulfield carnival??
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Biku
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

sounds hot.
The Melbourne Irony
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

So many bitter little pills on this forum :(

Why can't people just be happy for the Victory who just surged past 15,000 members?
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mostly because we couldn't give a lima lima lima duck as we are a rugby league and Melbourne Storm forum - not the damn Victory.  Good on them, but we don't care!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

steaming stormer wrote: mostly because we couldn't give a *I SHOULDN'T SWEAR, But I have anger issues!* as we are a rugby league and Melbourne Storm forum - not the damn Victory.  Good on them, but we don't care!
Here here.

If you want to talk soccer, go to the other sports section, or better still, a soccer forum.