9/Storm Promotion

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

Did anyone make it into this promotion? or heard whether they're in? (again, I'm useless - can't reproduce the storm alert from yesterday, sorry!)

I personally thought that they should have called the Bai Stand, and our pom pom brigade from the Eastern Stand and asked us to be involved  ;D ;D. How can their promotion be effective without us?? (We haven't heard back yet :()
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It's not until next Tuesday.

As far as I am concerned, Channel Nein can kiss my arse.  I'm seriously thinking of picketing the entrance to the graveyard next week.  Pity it'd mean taking time off work since I'm on night shifts next week.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yep Mini Chick - I'm going.  Happy enough to do something for the Storm but yeah not for Ch 9  :P
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Can someone post some details on this  ??? ??? ???
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The original email:
Calling all Storm Members! We are looking for 50 passionate Storm Members to be involved in a Melbourne Storm / Channel Nine activity next Tuesday night at Olympic Park.

DATE: Tuesday 29 May
TIME: 7.00pm - 10.00pm (total filming time).
AT: Olympic Park - all members to be seated in the Lazarus Stand.
WHAT: We need you to re-create the atmosphere of a Storm match day. We want a sea of purple, so you need to come dressed in all your Storm gear, with flags, banners and ready to make some noise!
Some of the Storm Players will also be involved in this activity!
HOW TO BE INVOLVED: Be one of the first 50 people to register your interest by emailing the club at info@melbournestorm.com.au
Include in the subject line 'Channel nine promotion' and in the body of the email your name, daytime contact phone number and number of people who will be attending with you.
The first 50 to email the club will be confirmed via reply email.
The reply:
YOUR CHANCE TO BE ON TV!

Thank you for your interest in being part of the Melbourne Storm / Channel Nine promotional activity. We have received an overwhelming number of responses and are pleased to confirm that you have registered successfully to participate in the activity.

Here are all the details:

Date: Tuesday 29 May

Time: Please arrive at 6:50pm. (total filming time will be from 7.00pm – 10:00pm)

Location: Olympic Park. Meet at outside the Western Entry of Olympic Park (next to Lexus Centre)

Make sure you come along dressed in your Storm gear and bring flags, banners etc and be ready to make some noise!

We look forward to seeing you all there on the night.

Regards,
Lizzie Joyce
Publicity Manager - Melbourne Storm
OzHEDude
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yep, i got a start.
Looking forward to it
Funny thing is, it came out at 6.50pm, i didn't reply until 8am this morning and i never thought i had a chance.

Buzz.....you going, need to cash you up.
Disclaimer:
The above is not a personal attack, insult or a political statement. Therefor it cannot be used against the poster in any court of judgement.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Nope - been on the road so wasn't even going to get close to the 50 or so they were asking for! We'll catch up soon.
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

Yay!! We got in. I'm very excited - small things make me happy! Have pom poms and enormous flag ready to go.  ;D
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cheers to everyone that got picked! Look forward to seeing you all in whatever form this promo appears in!

Someone needs to channel Bunnies and TC for us, meaning I want to hear a 5 minute long "STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!" and "Get 'em onside ref! They've been doin' it all night!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Do we know what the promo is for?
Will it be for a new program, advertisement or just a fluffy news story?
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

STORM*2*VICTORY wrote: Do we know what the promo is for?
Will it be for a new program, advertisement or just a fluffy news story?
Knowing nine it will be two hours of staged footage from which they'll take 30 seconds of filler that make the fans look stupid or inane.
This will most likely become a throw away bit at the end of the news.
"Meanwhile in Melbourne - Storm fans are finally getting a taste for rugby league" Blah Blah Blah.

Yes I am cynical - No I will NEVER trust channel stitch up  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I hope they will supply you with hot drinks and blankets, cause I'm guessing it's going to get a little chilly.

I know it's the same as matches, but at least you're taking your mind off it by watching the game and carrying on.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Andy wrote: I hope they will supply you with hot drinks and blankets, cause I'm guessing it's going to get a little chilly.

I know it's the same as matches, but at least you're taking your mind off it by watching the game and carrying on.
You could always play 'let's pretend' and watch an imaginary game  ;-) :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I would need copious amounts of alcohol to play that Tigger!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Andy wrote: I would need copious amounts of alcohol to play that Tigger!

Think back to when you were a kid - imagination is a wonderful thing  :D

If that fails, take a bottle of 'special' coke with you  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!